The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

15 hours ago, Nail said:

Alright I think I have gotten through all of my PMs so this is everyone's last warning for compliancy. January 10th is the last day to designate players for ELC slides, and the league will automatically place any waiver eligible players on waivers if they are in the minors. Minimums for roster compliancy are 12 F, 6D, and 2G.

Teams with compliancy issues:

Colorado - Missing one forward @maroe @Watermelons

Columbus - Over cap @winterhawks

Detroit - Missing three forwards, two defenseman @Dabeast

Edmonton - Missing two forwards @theminister

Florida - Missing one defenseman @luckylager

Ottawa - Over contract limit (before ELC slide) @ActionJax09

Philadelphia - One too many forwards @Art Vandelay

Pittsburgh - Under cap floor, missing two defenseman, one goalie @Keslerific

San Jose - Missing two forwards @Jaku

Tampa Bay - One too many forwards @Tylez

Toronto - Over cap, one too many forwards @Dion Phaneuf

Washington - Over cap @Arbourshate

Free Agency list is up to date here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RidXQr1C2oanyGcizid0eDf4d5x2QxA9TabYY1mKcXc/edit#gid=1952659612

I've got offers in for FA with @Monty

What time is the deadline tomorrow?

16 hours ago, Nail said:

image0.jpg?width=600%26height=448&key=68

The Vancouver Canucks have signed the following players to ELCs:

Matthew Robertson - 3 years, $1.150M per year

Seth Jarvis - 3 years, $1.375M per year

Topi Niemela - 3 years, $0.900M per year

@Primal Optimist

Topi Niemela to the ELC Slide please

Seth Jarvis to the ELC Slide please

Will announce final slide before the deadline. 

EDIT: Matthew Robertson too please. That is the three. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

Vancouver Canucks - 50th Anniversary Jersey Collection

Vancouver still has 4 unsigned prospects, and before we focus on the big league season, I would like to take a moment to Highilght these kids, who are working hard to get here. 

Nathan Legare, 20: Already a point per game player in the Q, Nathan was traded for a return player and FIVE picks to league leading Val D'or Foreurs as they load up for a run to the Memorial Cup. He should be able to take advantage of this to greatly increase his production from the time at Bae-Comeau. the 2019 draft 53rd overall pick is certainly not disappointing our scouting staff. 

Shane Pinto, 20: Won the NCHC Rookie of the Year, within the NCAA system, in the covid shortened season. His transition to college from junior appears to have been very smooth indeed. That rookie season he put up 28 points in 33 games. Already this year he is got 13 points in 10. A good time to be had at the University of North Dakota. Our 60th overall pick in 2019 looks to be paying off in spades.

Adam Beckman, 19: 48 goals and 59 assists in jjust 63 games in the covid shortened season has pushed Adam's ceiling even higher. we picked him 82nd overall and now we are thinking we may need to clear an eventual top line slot for the wunderkind.  I can't wait to see what he does in the W with what is likely his final junior season. 

Wyatt Kaiser, 18: We drafted Wyatt at 100th this past draft, 2020, strait out of highschool. That means we need to be patient. That being said, the 18 year old blueliner has a solid 6 points in 12 games already in his rookie year at the NCAA level. Playing in the state of hockey, at the University of Minnesota-Duluth, will only improve the stock on this young man's profile. If we have to have a project in our prospect pipeline, I am glad he is it. 

All in all, its a nice feeling to know these good kids are the future of our franchise, and they each deserved one last look before we turn our focus on competing for post season selection in one of the toughest leagues in the world. 

• Cheers 2