The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

How did Chat move ahead of OJ, when he has only played 2 games to OJ's 7?  Also, Chat being an RD means that every pairing has to be disrupted except for the Hughes/Benn dual.

Just find it strange to sit a young dman that has just played his best game.

Green stated notably that he liked how Chatfield quickly closed defensive gaps, kept his feet moving always, while playing in your face style. I think generally that is what Green really like Tanev's defensive game where he could skate well and confront opposition and was really quick to close defensive gaps.

Olli is still learning to close his gaps quicker that way the opposition doesn't just walk around him in the dzone. Olli takes a little bit more of a passive/containment approach to defending as Chatfield is more aggressive/in your face.

Not that Olli has defended poorly, its just Green's preference. I wouldn't imagine Olli being out for too long. still learning the parts to playing in the NHL.

• Vintage 1

Just now, kilgore said:

I don't know about replacing OJ with Chatfileld.   Before last game I'd say it was a no brainer.

But OJ made some strides last game. And scoring probably helped his confidence offensively.  Perhaps he should be able to keep riding the wave. 

Chatfields right handed I think that’s part of it. As well I think both are going to get games throughout the season.

• Cheers 2