The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Our coaching staff is a reason

Our schedule is a reason

Our lack of practice time is a reason

Our top players crappy defensive play is a reason

Covid getting in the way of player trades is a reason.

continually blaming just one reason is extremely shortsighted.

I am really sick of the schedule being a reason...whoever has played hockey at some level and played in a tournament can remember playing more than 1 game in a single day let alone say 4 games or more in a 2 day stretch.

Fast forward to Pro Athletes, who have all the right nutrition, physical fit, comfortable seats on a private plane.

Now, I am not comparing an NHL player to a Midget A player, but I remember playing in tournaments and being tired but you went out there and still gave it your all and you were expected by the COACHES to hustle back and help in the D zone...if you didn't you saw a bit less ice time in favour of players who gave it their all every shift, maybe not the most skilled guys but they competed hard.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

This season will be what it will be. Due to COVID, everything's changed and different. Not our year, I feel that. It's not just the poor record to start, but also the team looks unwell. But that's okay, not the end of the world. Another Top 10 Draft pick would be nice. I don't know if there will be any management or coaching changes during the season, but I think at the end of the season there will be.

What I would like to see is a new GM, new coaching staff - a pro team that will get these young players to the Promiseland:

Horvat

Pettersson

Hoglander

Podkolzin

Boeser

MacEwen

Hughes

Juolevi

Rathbone

Demko

and build a championship team, trade away the dead weight, bring in quality bottom 6 players and D who will make the difference come playoffs. 

homer simpson GIF

Just now, EmilyM said:

Again, I don't get this Florida comparison. We've had polar opposite schedules and opposition to this point and you can't even compare the two teams right now.
The Canucks have played 13 games. 9 against teams .500 or better at the time.
The Panthers have played 6 games. 0 against teams .500 or better at the time.
Have a great rest of your day.

Do want to back it up to last year? Or will you find more excuses?

since taking over Florida (a weak roster) Quenneville has a 41-26-8 record

coaching matters and its that quality of coach we need 

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

I am really sick of the schedule being a reason...whoever has played hockey at some level and played in a tournament can remember playing more than 1 game in a single day let alone say 4 games or more in a 2 day stretch.

Fast forward to Pro Athletes, who have all the right nutrition, physical fit, comfortable seats on a private plane.

Now, I am not comparing an NHL player to a Midget A player, but I remember playing in tournaments and being tired but you went out there and still gave it your all and you were expected by the COACHES to hustle back and help in the D zone...if you didn't you saw a bit less ice time in favour of players who gave it their all every shift, maybe not the most skilled guys but they competed hard.

Karen GIF by moodman

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This season will be what it will be. Due to COVID, everything's changed and different. Not our year, I feel that. It's not just the poor record to start, but also the team looks unwell. But that's okay, not the end of the world. Another Top 10 Draft pick would be nice. I don't know if there will be any management or coaching changes during the season, but I think at the end of the season there will be.

What I would like to see is a new GM, new coaching staff - a pro team that will get these young players to the Promiseland:

Horvat

Pettersson

Hoglander

Podkolzin

Boeser

MacEwen

Hughes

Juolevi

Rathbone

Demko

and build a championship team, trade away the dead weight, bring in quality bottom 6 players and D who will make the difference come playoffs. 

Just like we saw before, Burke and Nonis brought the core together but Mike freakin Gillis was the GM in charge when we became a dominant team for a couple years and had long playoff run that unfortunately fell short.

JB helped put this team together along with scouts, but he may NOT get to see this thing through...and that should be able to compute into every single posters brain...if it doesn't well you don't pay attention to well to how sports team are run. 

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Fast forward to Pro Athletes, who have all the right nutrition, physical fit, comfortable seats on a private plane

Playing against other Pro Athletes, who have all the right nutrition, physical fit, ..........      and practice time.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Happy to take it back to last year. But my Panthers memory is a bit of a blur since I was focusing more on Green getting us one game away from the conference finals.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

'We have played all of 2-3 games more than all the teams in our own division"

Check the standings, and try again.

Its funny how people that don’t play or understand the game drink the “poor tired team” koolaid 

We beat Edmonton and have sucked ever since then. Did that one game tire us out? 

we stunk against Calgary..,,must have been tired 

Stunk against montreal ..... poor tired team 

oh we beat Ottawa..... must have found energy 

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I would get rid of Baumer and hire Gallant. Wait the quarantine period, I think we have former Sedin winger Jason King as an assistant coach now after failing to promote Manny and letting him further his career with the laffs

1 hour ago, wloutet said:

My favourite book growing up was 7 Habits of Highly Effective Bench Warmers!  I played rugby for 35 years, most of it at div 2 and div 3. I had a few years at First Division (what is now called Premier league), but when I had a bad game, I'd be dropped. I loved the game, and 4 of the players in my position who played ahead of me, played for Canada or BC teams. I trained with them and against them, I analyzed what they did that I didn't (quite a bit!), so gradually I learned strategy, and training techniques. Same when I pole vaulted. I became an okay coach of over 80 teams in basketball, rugby and track, although I was never very great at any. So Baumgartner is in the same situation.

Not sure how you miss quoted me??? Nice story 

As i said in response to "why is he coaching"?

Because the GM and Coach have faith in Baumer, he has years of experience playing and coaching.

Contrary to the fire the coaches crowd on cdc, Baumer is not the reason we are losing. 

Win as a team lose as a team

People seem to need scapegoats 

Go Canucks go 

Just now, EmilyM said:

Happy to take it back to last year. But my Panthers memory is a bit of a blur since I was focusing more on Green getting us one game away from the conference finals.

Demko and Marky carried us and you forgot we were on a trajectory to not even make the playoffs.... again 

thank goodness for the stop and expanded playoffs 

oh and how are those quality playoff systems carrying over? 

must just be tired 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Its funny how people that don’t play or understand the game drink the “poor tired team” koolaid 

We beat Edmonton and have sucked ever since then. Did that one game tire us out? 

we stunk against Calgary..,,must have been tired 

Stunk against montreal ..... poor tired team 

oh we beat Ottawa..... must have found energy 

So you didn't bother to look up the standings in the North division?

Just going to make false statements and when called on it, ignore huh?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Playing against other Pro Athletes, who have all the right nutrition, physical fit, ..........      and practice time.

cry me a river, STOP with the excuses! The team needs to come into every game 100% ready to go and play a complete 60 min game with NO Excuses! You want to make excuses, it shouldn't come at the highest level of sport where players, coaches, management all get paid more than we can ever dream of...and its to play a damn game to boot!

Your telling me you would happily go drop a few hundred bucks to see the Canucks live right now when we play like we have for most of this season so far and be happy about it walking out the door that much $$$lighter in the pocket and feel good about it? 

Just now, gurn said:

So you didn't bother to look up the standings in the North division?

Just going to make false statements and when called on it, ignore huh?

You are the one playing the tired team card not me 

I don’t make excuses for losses

i just highlight the crap coaching we have  

I think that's enough GDT for the time being.

I imagine SN will give this one to the Leaf blowers - Hughson and Simpson - that alone will be more than enough to stomach lol  Mute button in cue.

Image result for leaf blower mouth gif

Hoglander gwg p&ty,  ala Honey Badger...

• Thanks 1