The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Odds are against making playoffs and the worse scenario would be JB making deals to try and change that. Use the balance of the season to develop and evaluate players and work on a d-side game. It appears the run & gun offence that appeals to many gets exposed against teams which can control the puck and forecheck. 

I like the youth, Hogs, Mac, OJ, Bailey and Chatfield. Play them. Gaudette and Vrtanen have to show more and their TOI should reflect that. I think it is time to move on from Rooster. Let Sutter and Pearson play out their contracts and based on offers maybe move them. Love Motte. 

No point in getting hyped up about management and their game strategy. How the team plays on the ice is a group decision from Benning down. I am sure they realize that the Canucks will not be serious contenders until their youth matures and their d-side game becomes competitive. Its a process. Like the players management is always being assessed for what they provide versus what is available from the outside. There is something to be said about stability in the workplace. While shipping a player out for another who might compliment the group should always be considered. Firing coaches might appeal to some but runs the risk of questioning overall abilities within the whole team. Play it out and learn how to win.    

As much as I love watching the team run and gun, it's not a recipe to win a championship.  As the saying goes, defence wins championships.  IIRC we moved away from a "puck control" system to a more "run and gun/dump and chase" system as we didn't have the players to play a more puck possession game.   I think we now have the players to play a more puck possession system.  When you have the puck you spend less time/energy playing defence and have less chances of injury instead of chasing the puck most of the game.  

Flyers went from Laviolet (sp?) who was a more run and gun coach to AV who's a more puck possession coach and have looked great.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Additional lines I don't want to hear (after the game lonight):

Give them credit, they played a great game

Sometimes you lose games you deserved to win

It's tough to score goals in the NHL

You forgot...........and Lazy Jake showed "signs".......

2 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Josh Leivo getting a Hatty tonight book it. Tanev with 2 assists. 5-1 Calgary. Also betting that Calgary will score within the first 90 seconds. Giveaway by Myers. Gudreau with a take away and goes five hole on Demmer. 

................are you on the Canucks "Special Teams Coaching staff" ???  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Translation 

it is not looking good for the playoffs 

I was just curious who’s loving the coaching. I’m not gonna beat every single move with a stick but c’mon who’s actually happy with the coaching right now?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

6th place in Division after 16 games with the 5th place team holding 4 games in hand 

but we love our coaching staff right?

I'm curious as to what you're going to post about when green leaves the canucks (whenever that may be). 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Josh Leivo getting a Hatty tonight book it. Tanev with 2 assists. 5-1 Calgary. Also betting that Calgary will score within the first 90 seconds. Giveaway by Myers. Gudreau with a take away and goes five hole on Demmer. 

Don't forget to count how many times Tkachuk "falls" into our goalie