The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Lightning acquire David Savard, Brian Lashoff; Blue Jackets acquire 2021 1st-round pick (TB), 2022 3rd-round pick (TB); Red Wings acquire 2021 4th-round pick

30 minutes ago, Provost said:

So Tampa gets Savard for around $1 million cap hit?

Tidy piece of work.

Can we get us one of them actual GMs?

why do we need one  apparently CDC think Jimbo is one

#worse management in the league

Edited by Squamfan
  • RoughGame 1

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

So Tampa gets Savard for around $1 million cap hit?

Tidy piece of work.

Can we get us one of them actual GMs?

Well if we were one of the top teams in the league and needed to find ways around the cap. If anything from where our team is you should be upset that Detroit was the team involved over us that got a pick to retain a little more salary for Tampa. However at the end of the day you can only retain on 3 contracts and maybe Benning has plans with our own trades coming up that he’ll need all his retention spots.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well if we were one of the top teams in the league and needed to find ways around the cap. If anything from where our team is you should be upset that Detroit was the team involved over us that got a pick to retain a little more salary for Tampa. However at the end of the day you can only retain on 3 contracts and maybe Benning has plans with our own trades coming up that he’ll need all his retention spots.

I didn’t say I was upset at any one of them?  I am upset we   Go look on Armchair GMs and I posted a thread suggesting the very thing about us using our LTIR space in creative ways like Detroit did.

Detroit just bought a 4th round pick for a tiny amount of cash.  25% of Savard’s remaining money owed minus what they saved with losing Lashoff.

Edited by Provost

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I didn’t say I was upset at any one of them.  Go look on Armchair GMs and I posted a thread suggesting the very thing about us using our LTIR space in creative ways like Detroit did.

Detroit just bought a 4th round pick for a tiny amount of cash.  25% of Savard’s remaining money owed minus what they saved with losing Lashoff.

And if there scouting is  good ,that forth can become the next Point or Stone

Just now, Squamfan said:

Jim Benning is probably confused and dumbfounded on how this trade went down.

No he probably isn’t.  

It’s a 4th round pick going to a bottom feeder that’s likely to remain a bottom feeder for awhile.  

Relax.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Jim Benning is probably confused and dumbfounded on how this trade went down.

You can only retain on 3 contracts. Canucks still have some pieces like Sutter and Benn that are on peoples lists with a very off chance of guys like Motte and Edler. Maybe Benning didn’t want to waste one of his 3 retention spots this early for only a 4th round pick until he see’s what’s going to develop for his trade deadline.