The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | May 19, 2021 | 12:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I think I’m going to vote for the Leafs because if they win the cup we may finally wake up and realize how bad we are, kinda like always looking in that mirror at the PNE that makes you look 100 pounds skinner and then suddenly having to look in a real mirror.

Go Leafs!

This is for our own good.

&^@# the Laffs!!! First round exit is my hope!

• Cheers 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

Well quoting not so much as for who they are the tweet I quoted had two people confirming this. 

Then they don't have a source.

We've seen freaking Squam retweet/post his pal Taj on here. Is he a reporter then?

12 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well if you want to be more specific it seems the a lot of people is everyone. When folks from the other side of the coast also have gotten word of Vancouver's reputation (Tim Micallef comes to mind) it's not just a "local thing" anymore 

:towel:::D

You must be new to this team.  Folks on the other side of the coast have always trash talked our team....ask us if we care?  (We don't).  Toronto born Tim Micallef.   Must be true.

FTR, some of our "local" guys are self professed Leafs fans.  So don't put all your eggs in the media's baskets.  It's their job to talk...to stir stuff up...keep conversations going.  And they'll glom on to anything that helps them with that.  It's more a self serving venture (job) than loyalty to reporting credibly on our team.  

"Gotten word of our reputation"?   That's supposed to be concerning?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I think Miller did the right thing to speak out. Ownership doesn't really have control. You can see how ownership was fined for speaking out against the league. I would assume New York will not be in the league's good graces, but that owner is MASSIVELY rich. Much richer than Aquilini. I don't fault ownership for not saying anything.

We've also seen Robin Lehner say stuff. Las Vegas didn't make any statement condoning Lehner either. So what do you say about that?

What does Lehner have to do with this? 

I'm just saying from experience, when you manage a team and the team is getting shafted by the company, usually it's the manager that speaks out (on behalf of the team). An employee on a team doesn't do it unless they feel like management isn't doing their job. How many times have you heard praise from employees regarding their managers. Some common ones are, manager is super demanding but he/she always goes to bat for us. 

For instance, there's a lot of managers that tow the company line and relay the company directives in a softer way to the employees. Employees than listen to the manager and decide whether they too want to tow the company line and still work under the manager (Becuase he/shr has other good qualities) or decide that they no longer want to work for said company. 

If the latter, those managers then lose the trust of some employees and they seek employment elsewhere. 

I've seen it happen in the workplace and it's not farfetched to believe it happens in other places like hockey too. 

Who knows, it might be Miller that wants out. 

Just now, falcons said:

Miller stated earlier today that he wants to stay at center. Move Peaty to the wing and carry on or change up the lines ?

LOL or trade him? 

Jk

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Horvat at 3C and taking all the tough matchups with Pearson and another solid player

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

JT Miller and a 1st for Sam Reinhart ? 

You mean Rhino plus a first for Miller, right?  Miller is a far better player than Rhino.  He’s equally skilled (I’d actually argue more skilled) and so much more physical.  Plus he’s signed to a great contract for three more years.  Rhino is a UFA in one more year.

42 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Really? You really still think that coaches don't have a responsibility in this?

Exact same system as last year. Big differences. The departure of certain players isn't a persuasive enough of a case - case in point, Calgary. How about considering that the coaching (this includes the assistants) is subpar?

I'm OK with being mad at the coaches too.

FIRE EM ALL 

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

What does Lehner have to do with this? 

I'm just saying from experience, when you manage a team and the team is getting shafted by the company, usually it's the manager that speaks out (on behalf of the team). An employee on a team doesn't do it unless they feel like management isn't doing their job. How many times have you heard praise from employees regarding their managers. Some common ones are, manager is super demanding but he/she always goes to bat for us. 

For instance, there's a lot of managers that tow the company line and relay the company directives in a softer way to the employees. Employees than listen to the manager and decide whether they too want to tow the company line and still work under the manager (Becuase he/shr has other good qualities) or decide that they no longer want to work for said company. 

If the latter, those managers then lose the trust of some employees and they seek employment elsewhere. 

I've seen it happen in the workplace and it's not farfetched to believe it happens in other places like hockey too. 

Who knows, it might be Miller that wants out. 

That's exactly what my point is. A player speaking out from what the owners may probably not want the players to say. Lehner praised the league for some good things, but he also said that they should have done more about mental health.

Having a player on the team call out the league for bull$&!# (Lehner) is far worse than what Miller said. And yet we are still having a discussion about the so-called 'rift' of management and players.

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

JT Miller and a 1st for Sam Reinhart ? 

I hope it's not Miller. 

I only wondered if it was him becuase he just seemed pissed off the entire year. 

If I was always pissy, I would consider a change of scenery 

How many times have we heard him scream the eff bomb on TV this year?

That plus having to speak out about the return to play after covid. 

I think millsy is an emotional guy though and if it was him asking for a trade, I think you could also quickly defuse the situation with him. 

Here's my feeling on this:  there may be some truth to some of the rumblings out there....likely is.  Usually where there's smoke there's fire.  But not always a blazing inferno...sometimes it's just a match being struck.

But why is there a desperate need to read the Tarot Cards in advance?  Why does everyone have to speculate because, until we know, we don't know.   So much talk and it's all negative....you'd think the world was ending.

The media get paid to do that....to keep talking.  Does that mean everything they say is absolutely correct and accurate?  Or do we understand, as we should, that much is speculation and hearsay.  And there's no point in really running with it until it's proven/confirmed.  

We even have people impersonating our owners and putting statements out, with some "media outlets" reporting on it.  So be wary....they don't always fact check as well as they should.

And it doesn't matter in the end.  When the team makes decisions and possibly lets some staff go, we'll know it for sure.  Until then...we don't.  

Social Media and, in particular, Twitter has cult like followings.  People all love to be "noticed" by people they see on TV and so they buy in.  They lap up every word.  And because there's opportunity to interact (back), it becomes a feeding frenzy.   A giant ego stroke.

Some of them are vultures.  I give them no respect - respect has to be earned.   Reading Burke's book reinforced how I feel about some of them.  They're hacks.

Anyhow...heading out to the sun to breathe in some fresh air.  Much needed.  Peace out everyone.

• Cheers 2