The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

My rep got back to me.  Apparently all the tickets are one system and there is no way to separate out the season ticket member tickets from the other tickets, so they can only cancel the whole shebang, and not just some of them.  That seems pretty crazy to me, but that's how it is.  She also mentioned there has been a lot of other STM frustration on this.  I'm hoping they recognize they need to throw us a bone of us some kind.  And not just extra $$ on the stupid food & beverage card that we can't even use.  

52 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

My rep got back to me.  Apparently all the tickets are one system and there is no way to separate out the season ticket member tickets from the other tickets, so they can only cancel the whole shebang, and not just some of them.  That seems pretty crazy to me, but that's how it is.  She also mentioned there has been a lot of other STM frustration on this.  I'm hoping they recognize they need to throw us a bone of us some kind.  And not just extra $$ on the stupid food & beverage card that we can't even use.  

That’s a ridiculous excuse. The whole point of digital only tickets is so they can track them. Even if you have to do a reset on all of them, track who received tickets (transfers or purchases), and just do it on the back end instead of requiring STH to retransfer and resell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EagleBoss said:

That’s a ridiculous excuse. The whole point of digital only tickets is so they can track them. Even if you have to do a reset on all of them, track who received tickets (transfers or purchases), and just do it on the back end instead of requiring STH to retransfer and resell. 

Edmonton and Calgary do it much easier.  They leave everything alone and ask for volunteers to return tickets.  You get refunded the face value, not season ticket cost for the tickets as credit for next year.  If you already sold or otherwise transferred your tickets you aren't eligible to volunteer.  They get more volunteers than needed and do it by a draw. 

Hopefully these are the last 2 games.  rumour is leafs 100%

10 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Edmonton and Calgary do it much easier.  They leave everything alone and ask for volunteers to return tickets.  You get refunded the face value, not season ticket cost for the tickets as credit for next year.  If you already sold or otherwise transferred your tickets you aren't eligible to volunteer.  They get more volunteers than needed and do it by a draw. 

Edmonton & Calgary's method is WAY better!  Much less frustration generated, I am sure.

3 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I think first game that could be 100% full is ducks game, after Leafs game. BC doesn’t revisit restrictions until like Feb. 16, after Leafs.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:57 PM, WalkWithElias said:

Yes I just saw this too, strange eh….. I also sold tickets before this all happened 

Hey WalkWithElias, did you find out anything more about this?  (I have not.)  Did you repost them?  I don't know if there's something wrong with my account or if it's okay to repost.  Plus if they are looking into it (as a result of my email), it might confuse things if I repost.   Maybe I'll just post them on Stubhub even though it's more of a pain.

I just got an email saying I got to fill out tax information for tickets I’ve sold on ticket exchange… I know I seen this mentioned a month back but I never got it then , what’s the status about this ? As us Canadians don’t deal with the IRS and I’ve sold all my tickets as sellers credit not like I’m getting any of it anyways I use it towards next year package , been a STH since 2014 and have never got this before 

13 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I just got an email saying I got to fill out tax information for tickets I’ve sold on ticket exchange… I know I seen this mentioned a month back but I never got it then , what’s the status about this ? As us Canadians don’t deal with the IRS and I’ve sold all my tickets as sellers credit not like I’m getting any of it anyways I use it towards next year package , been a STH since 2014 and have never got this before 

Yeah I got it from both TicketExchange and Stubhub.  I think maybe the reason you are just getting it now is that you are only required to do it once you get above a certain threshhold amount.  It almost certainly does not apply to us but we are still required to fill out the info.  I can't remember exactly now how it was worded but when you complete the info you are including your address which is used to show you are a Canadian resident and exempt from being taxed by the IRS.  Something like that.  

Oh and it's something new so that's why we've never gotten it before.

Edited by SerenityNow