The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

I feel bad for ya'll. I saw this coming and I am glad I bailed last year. Things got way worse than I thought though. Poor treatment of STH's. Plus, trying to resell tickets is only going to get worse. All the ticket resale sites (stubhub, ticketmaster, etc) are going to keep increasing fees to increase profits. They will squeeze every last dime out of ticket sellers. Dark times for this organization for sure. This will be the 6th year out of 7 years they missed the playoffs. And the only year they made it was the shortened covid year without fans in attendance. The last time fans were in attendance to see the Canucks win a playoff series was back in 2011 when Kevin Bieksa scored and we beat San Jose in Round 3. That's 11 years. This year was abysmal and not exciting at all. I struggled to even watch most games. And now you guys say management is cutting perks... they should be offering more perks! I kind of get the feeling the Canucks don't really care about STH's anymore and would almost rather just sell direct to the public.

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone else received an email from a Canucks representative regarding our experience this year and *nudge nudge* are you going to reup your season tickets? I had a *membership experience member reach out to me and I didn’t shy away from asking what the mandate is going forward.

Fair question to ask to commit thousands of hard earned dollars annually to this franchise. I gave a throughly long email about my personal thoughts have been on the season and as a whole. It was the residue of a GM who gave up this teams future assets (last years 9OA this years 2nd and next years 7th) to basically sweep the GMs short sighted and expensive contracts under the rug.

Also wrote that the mandate of “just making the playoffs” has to change because Vancouver fans are willing to do a proper building of a contending team. But we don’t have the stomach of cutting corners with spending blindly in free agency rather than building through the draft. Sadly we have to rebuild our defense and that will take time. Not only that but we don’t have many tradable assets to acquire those top 4 young D that we need to blend with our core. We are capped out from our past mistakes of over spending. Which only leads to building through draft picks which we don’t have our allotment this year and for Defense, it’s a slow burn to develop that position. But it’s what needs to be done along with finding a proper 3C and what to do with Miller and Bo. These are the questions that STH’s have and want to know before we give our money to FA. What is the mandate? Is it status quo and be good enough to just be a playoff team to get gate revenue and be bounced in round 1? Or be patient enough to allow our hockey brass to build a contending window for a championship? I am out if

it remains the former and I’ll reup if it’s the latter. I don’t speak for all Canucks fans but I believe most have the same outlook/vision. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 8:04 AM, yippykyeh said:

My rep advised me that season ticket prices going up next season.  

Sounds like the mandate is to be a playoff team and not take a step back and build up the blue line. That’s frustrating to hear that ownership refuses to acknowledge the time frame of this team. Only wants to be a playoff team every year… only to be a outside looking in team every year. Not good enough to get a high pick for a elite roster player. I hope they bring back the summer summit and FA can put his ears to the fans and hear what we really think. 

I'm glad you did this. Funny enough I tend to look at it was what does a STH benefit from commiting early to Orca Bay. It strikes me there are few benefit to being a STH. You line up with  the other one and off ticket buyers, often in the rain, you get the same menu, same hot dogs LOL in fact there is little benefit to being a STH period

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Sounds like the mandate is to be a playoff team and not take a step back and build up the blue line. That’s frustrating to hear that ownership refuses to acknowledge the time frame of this team. Only wants to be a playoff team every year… only to be a outside looking in team every year. Not good enough to get a high pick for a elite roster player. I hope they bring back the summer summit and FA can put his ears to the fans and hear what we really think. 

While a few of the games this year have been frustrating to watch and/or be at, you're being much over the top with the doom and gloom.  We improved upon last season but it wasn't enough of an improvement in the end.  

We have new management that has a thousand times more experience in hockey then me and you, so we should let them put their fingerprints on this team and see what they think we should do before asking for a rebuild.  If you think that we can get a better core then Elias, Demko, and Quinn by going through another rebuild then by all means you're entitled to feel that way.  I just think that we have really good starting blocks to go forward.  Drafting young players and losing the ones that are sick and tired of losing can turn into a bad cycle if we go into another rebuild. 

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

While a few of the games this year have been frustrating to watch and/or be at, you're being much over the top with the doom and gloom.  We improved upon last season but it wasn't enough of an improvement in the end.  

We have new management that has a thousand times more experience in hockey then me and you, so we should let them put their fingerprints on this team and see what they think we should do before asking for a rebuild.  If you think that we can get a better core then Elias, Demko, and Quinn by going through another rebuild then by all means you're entitled to feel that way.  I just think that we have really good starting blocks to go forward.  Drafting young players and losing the ones that are sick and tired of losing can turn into a bad cycle if we go into another rebuild. 

This last point you said is while true from a players perspective of not wanting to be stuck in a losing culture. The thing I will argue however is from this 8 year tenure is the fact that this was never a proper rebuild to begin with.

Management called it a “retool on the fly” we didn’t stock picks/acquiring prospects like the traditional rebuilding teams do. We in fact spent trades with our picks rather than adding to them. That was not a rebuild and while we have some nice pieces, it’s not adequate     for a championship team. And while you are absolutely right that players like Miller, Bo, Petterson probably don’t want to stick around for another 3-4 years of building this roster. But that’s on the hands of the previous management and mandate of the owner for the path they chose. 

Without question do I feel this franchise is in better shape than it was with Stanley cup winning experience with JR &PA (JB was a cup winner but nothing bigger than a AGM) and of course they have a greater hockey mind then you or I ,posters on here and STH’s and we should be looking forward to what they can do.

It’s not doom and gloom but it is a frustrating cycle that ticket holders have to ask what is the teams mandate is. Two points that might come across as doom and gloom from my perspective is.

(1) It sucks royally that the time and money people in this thread have invested in this teams direction for almost a decade with mediocrity and a mandate of just making the playoffs. The result is a capped out team with no prospect pool and a unfinished roster.

(2) Most likely have to unload some pieces of this core because either (we have no other tradable assets other than Miller, Boeser, Garland). And the core players that do stay (Petterson, Bo, Demko) might say enough is enough and want out. You are correct that some players won’t stomach a rebuild and ask for a trade out. Again that’s on the previous managements hands and owners mandate of not doing a proper rebuild in the first place. It really sucks but at the end of the day it’s about what’s in front of the jersey then the name and number on the back. It is what it is. It won’t be a easy off season and reshaping of this roster.

Asking any Canucks fans on here if they think that this defence is young enough, talented enough to compete for a cup? Other than Quinn Hughes, Rathbone and maybe Dermott. Our cores timeline doesn’t match with the construction of our defense and the issue with getting younger, skilled on defense is that it

costs you in trades. Our right side needs a top partner for Quinn, our second pairing needs a partner for OEL. We need two drafted/developed blue chip prospects to eventually replace OEL and Myers. This all takes time, and as a long time fan of this team for 30 years I just want this organization to get it right and have the patience and stomach for it.

When JB took over in 2014 and had that 101 season that took the team to the playoffs. He threw the rebuild out he window because he and TL wanted to give the Sedins a long last shot at competing for a cup rather than to tare

it down for a rebuild. Are we going to do the same about this core and continue to chase rather than build properly?

I have faith in JR’s experience and 3 cups. I believe there will be moves in the next several months that not all fans will agree with. But in the big picture if these tough decisions help us hoist that elusive cup then so be it. Will install more trust and faith in this ticket base with a long term plan.

good talk Vancouver Habitant!

(sorry for the rest of you in here as this

post was a bit off topic on STH’s) Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the games this season at Rogers and what this off season unfolds.

The state of the team is something of course that goes into the decision to renew membership.  I tend to focus more on the treatment of the STMs and the benefits vs costs.  As Fred65 said a few posts ago:  "It strikes me there are few benefit to being a STH. You line up with  the other one and off ticket buyers, often in the rain, you get the same menu, same hot dogs LOL in fact there is little benefit to being a STG period."

Remember back in the day when the only benefit that was necessary was that you had access to tickets?  Remember when tickets were hard to come by?  People would say "Ohhhh you're a season ticket holder??  Any tickets you're not using that I could buy from you??"  They would be more than willing to buy the crappiest games from you.  Now those are the games I am stuck going to or else the seats sit empty while I work like hell to sell the big games.  

Now are the days when management should be bending over backwards to make it attractive to be an STM.  Separate lines to get into the game is a great idea.  I've long suggested separate lines at concession stands.  Regular ticket buyers should look at how STMs are treated and think "Oh wow, look how nice it is to be an STM.  Maybe I should look into buying a package".  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Canucks are moving to an auto renewal program for all members for the foreseeable future …. What is everyone opinion on this? I know for a fact some member are not going to like it 

Yep, I am one who does not like it.  Surely it is not in place for this current renewal... is it?  Surely they will inform us of it before instituting it.  

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

I was just looking at Arizona Coyotes STH prices for their 5000 seat venue next year and oh my , not even centre ice glass here cost thst much …..

7BD4748B-5B90-4100-87A6-436038C41C7C.png

are they trying not to sell tickets?

52 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Square peg, round  hole. About 20 years ago I was speaking to staff at Anaheim and they were US$250 .... 20 years ago. Ditto Smashville prices out rages. The comparison is with NFL I guess

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Imagine the Coyotes actually giving away tickets so they can fill a 3,000 seat rink, which is very likely considering these prices.  And how does a fan feel who pays 500 dollars for his seat when he finds out the ones next to him were given away with beer coupons?  

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Imagine the Coyotes actually giving away tickets so they can fill a 3,000 seat rink, which is very likely considering these prices.  And how does a fan feel who pays 500 dollars for his seat when he finds out the ones next to him were given away with beer coupons?  

maybe tickets come free with your dorm room rental, like meal plans for kids. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Scheme said:

Anyone take a look at their invoice? Is it just me or have prices gone up next year?

My seats increased by $122.50/seat.

I'll take the opportunity to move to a lower category as I unknowingly ended up in the Larschieders section and I had to relocate 7 times this year because of that group anyways. May as well save myself the hassle and not end up with poorer seats while receiving no compensation for having to do so.