The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat and his future [agent on don and dahli]

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

On 7/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, Bertuzzipunch said:

We will see but we cant do nothing this offseason. We have barely any cap to work with, our defense is a damn dumpster fire. 2 of the better D free agents have gone to the stupid kraken not that we had a chance to get either since we have no friggen money to sign anyone. More likely our defense will be worse and Bo will get sick of more losing. How could he not, honestly?

Whats clueless is thinking hes not going to get tired of all the losing and mis management this team has done since hes been here. 

We don't know how he feels.   Sure looks like the core is there for each other and wants to compete for a cup together too.   Pretty sure he's old enough to do basic arithmetic.   And knows that teams contend when the majority of the core is in their prime together ...25-32 or whatever it is.     Which gives him another 5-6 years at least.    Sure he could go somewhere else too.   And i'm pretty sure he knows we will be forced to go with the same team more or less that we had last year, with Podz coming in ... He's been through the cycle of getting better himself too...and saw his buddy BB game get better last season.   And covid kind of threw a wrench in our season plus plus ... He's smart enough to realize that 12 million sitting on the bench last year, or 15is% is going to go a long way to help this group after this season is up too (LE, Bear, Luongo's recapture).   Patience.   

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Everyone hating on me for this thread can stuff it. Benning did exactly what he needed to do to make Bo and JT happy with the moves today. We are now a playoff team thats only getting better.

People were hating on you because you extrapolated his agent's comments to a hyperbolic extreme. 

I'm sure you're right, the trade makes Bo happy, but it still doesn't make your misinterpretation correct. 

• Cheers 4

11 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

People were hating on you because you extrapolated his agent's comments to a hyperbolic extreme. 

I'm sure you're right, the trade makes Bo happy, but it still doesn't make your misinterpretation correct. 

Well i can read between the lines better than most.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:02 AM, Bertuzzipunch said:

So today Rick is trying to stir some controversy with Bo Horvats agent and the answer he received from him. It seems if things dont change here theres a good chance he wont be a canuck once his contract run out. I know how us fans value our draft picks but if we dont improve our team this offseason its gonna be quite the pickle we might put ourselves in. So do we trade our 1st for a top 6 player? How about a 2nd and prospect to clear erikssons 6 mill cap hit to add a top 6 forward or dman or even both if we buyout Virtanen. If we gave up both pics this year can we get through that as fans but getting lets say a larsson and a hyman and another dmen or 2. Is the time to win now with Bo and JT or in 2 years where they are both older and sick of not being in the playoffs. 

video:

Trade Bo now, to be honest he is not that good and is streaky. Also thought he was never a great defensive forward also.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1