The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat and his future [agent on don and dahli]

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

Just now, Patel Bure said:

I wasn't trying to imply that the Horvat thing is legitimate.  

Fair enough. 

Just now, Patel Bure said:

I do however, believe that the Canucks need to take a more aggressive stance in this off season and not just "bring the band back together" for next season. 

Absolutely. Bringing in pretty much the same roster is pointless. I'm hoping to see quite a few moves happening for the team, and not the same old signing of role players. I'm thinking if the team has a similar season to the last, Benning won't last the year. 

• Cheers 2

Obviously if jim makes the team better now for this upcoming season BO is going to be only thrilled how the team is going. Waiting another year for Loui seems like a awful idea when his money can help the team so much for this season coming up. We need money to sign some good players so nobody wants to leave.

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Bo is on one of the brightest-looking up-and-coming teams these past few years. The ownership, management, coaching, fans, and core players - including  especially Bo - see this. It's why he's so hungry to get underway this season. Brock has recently voiced the same. 

Benning IS making this team better every year, whether you want to believe it or not. Maybe try giving him time to make all the necessary moves this offseason before panicking about the next two years.

We took one step forward and 2 steps back this past season not sure what youre talking about. Check our cap with still needing to sign petey and quinn. Buying out virtanen doesnt move the needle as much as you think. Its only 2.5 mill. Nobody’s panicking but waiting another year to do something to really help when we need help this offseason isnt making us better.

50 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

It’s absolutely one of the reasons why Benning needs to be aggressive within reason in this off season, and convince the players that last season was an anomaly (as opposed to 2019-2020).  If we just wait for our ‘bad contracts to run out’ and risk having another terrible season like this past season, you risk decreasing emotional engagement and buy in from the players.

Benning's been trying to be aggressive every offseason if you haven't noticed...

While most of the moves I agree with, most of the moves have not worked out unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

We took one step forward and 2 steps back this past season not sure what youre talking about. Check our cap with still needing to sign petey and quinn. Buying out virtanen doesnt move the needle as much as you think. Its only 2.5 mill. Nobody’s panicking but waiting another year to do something to really help when we need help this offseason isnt making us better.

so covid wasn't a part of a step back and no pre season  another step back, the nhl gave the Canucks the hardest schedule of all the teams. and that is not  complaining it is just what it was. can't blame Benning!!! i don't believe Bo said anything like leaving, but if he does want out , so what, he is not our best player. but i believe Bo would not use threats to get what he wants.  

• Vintage 3

So, Bertuzzipunch opens his Twitter, logs in as Taj, writes completely useless tweet that supports his “theory” and posts it here to support his outlandish claim. Yeap, makes sense, Taj is Bertuzzipunch…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

52 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

and now Taj as a source...........Awesome. 

Remember when Squamfan constantly references Taj as a source, citing that he's listening/watching the shows, thus being a verifiable source?

Yeah... now you can see Taj's motivations.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

What’s the deal with the paranoia within this fanbase? Why is the sky always falling?

We have a toxic fanbase, part of which is well represented on places like reddit, twitter, and some members here. *cough* Squamfan...

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

We have a toxic fanbase, part of which is well represented on places like reddit, twitter, and some members here. *cough* Squamfan...

I honestly just don’t understand it though. Everything that’s reported by local media always ends up having some form of negative spin on it. What’s the point in wasting your time and energy on being so negative. I’m just sick of every bit of news coming out a Vancouver is just useless conjecture. Damn, I need a beer lol. 

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Like I said, how about waiting until this off-season is completed before worrying about contracts and all other items on Benning's To Do list?

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

Looks to me like you are the only one trying to stir controversy no where did it say he was going to be leaving. 

Yeah this is a horribly written and leading post jumping to wildly unsubstantiated conclusions that in no way shape or form conveys what was said.

OP sir. You have a bright future ahead in the Canucks media. :lol:

image.jpeg.13f2ffd116516d41cedb30ae18f6749e.jpeg

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2