The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[report] Drouin feeling healthy and expected to return to Habs, Weber’s injury may be career ending

Rate this topic

• qwijibo changed the title to [report] Drouin feeling healthy and expected to return to Habs, Weber’s injury may be career ending
4 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Wow, did not see that coming with Weber.  I always just assumed he was like Wolverine and could eventually recover from everything!

The guy is a true warrior. So sad that he came so close to getting a cup before having it end this way 

• Cheers 1

Very good to hear about Drouin. They certainly could have used him in the final if he was at the top of his game - I was still holding on hope that he might come back out of nowhere but I knew it was a longshot.

Really sad news about Weber :sadno:

Weber was probably my favourite player in the NHL for the past 15 years. I already got his Habs jersey. There were rumours back in the day that he could have ended up on the Canucks, but it never came to pass. That would have been the most joyous day of my Canucks fandom. I was ecstatic when he went to my 2nd favourite team. Wish the Mountain Man the best of luck on his future endeavours, and can't wait to see him back in the hockey world in some capacity or another.

Edited by Vanuckles
  • Cheers 4

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Would Seattle have had access to the same medical reports as Bergevin?  It seemed like they were permitted greater access to medical reports on Price to determine whether they would pick him.

I think at the end of the day Price’s age, injury history and contract dissuaded Seattle more than the current injury 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I feel for Weber man. I think he knew that was his last shot at a cup 

Yeah. If you watch the clip of all the players skating up to him and hugging him at the end of the last game it’s pretty obvious they knew this was it 

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Yeah. If you watch the clip of all the players skating up to him and hugging him at the end of the last game it’s pretty obvious they knew this was it 

Habs are my 2nd favourite team. I shut the TV off as the clock was winding down because I couldn't see what came after... I haven't been able to find a clip showing the players going to Weber after the game ended to console him. Do you (or anyone for that matter) have a link you can share?