The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

The first 12 pages were 

Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The next 45 pages were

Netflix This Is Awesome GIF by Blown Away

The people who hated this were told

misfits shut up GIF

The next 100 pages were all 

Confused Wait What GIF

the following 137 pages were kinda more like

This Sucks Season 3 GIF by The Office

The last ten pages have kinda been like 

fire superhero GIF by South Park

What a ride eh

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:15 PM, tas said:

the 2nd (and 7th) make no difference to me. there are lots of opportunities to recoup 2nd rounders. 

still a hell of a trade. 

conor garland will be an excellent top 9 addition and I personally believe oel will be revitalized playing somewhere that isn't poison. 

For vancouver?

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

• Haha 3

On 7/23/2021 at 3:12 PM, Wolfgang Durst said:

One of the worst trades in Canucks history.

- only 12% retained of OEL's contract , that's a joke

- our 1st round pick involved

- Roussel, Beagle + Eriksson contracts just one year left, could have wait one more year, but no , Canucks are IMPATIENT and RUSH THINGS

OEL ' albatross contract is the worst thing what could have happened to VAN.

Desperate move from a desperate GM.

Congratulations.

Bow Thank You GIF by Out of Office

45 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Great trade JB

this thread will live forever 

I'd argue JB's hiring of Dumb & Dumber (Willie D & Travis Green) along with the extreme lack of attention to the AHL affiliate were FAR MORE damaging than any alleged 'bad trade'.  Irrelevant if we kept Forsling, McCann, etc.,.  Those guys would've NEVER development under that gong show of management under Jim Benning.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Funny reading back on this thread how we got a new Ohlund (come on no similarities in their game) and a first line winger. 
‘Alf you were one of the worst here. 
‘As bad as OEL was last year it is all the people going on about how good Garland was, a first line winger…

Wow, he was bad last year. A guy that is an agitator but just looked disinterested all year.  Big contractitis. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2 years.

The exact moment I 100% signed out on the Benning era. Previous to this I tried to stay optimistic, but this trade was so egregious the second it happened it litterally changed my mind set in the entire Benning era. If anyone remember me back then, I was an eternal optimist about everything Canucks related. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:53 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

The exact moment I 100% signed out on the Benning era. Previous to this I tried to stay optimistic, but this trade was so egregious the second it happened it litterally changed my mind set in the entire Benning era. If anyone remember me back then, I was an eternal optimist about everything Canucks related. 

Your foresight seems to function more accurately than some people's hindsight, who STILL rate OEL.

On 7/23/2023 at 12:45 PM, Coconuts said:

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Person, Book, Publication, Adult, Male, Man, Face, Portrait

I think ultimately it was Benning who refused to destroy the Loui Erickson timeline...he extended it to 2027 with this trade, while Allvin (who basically had no choice because of how much OEL sucked) was forced to extend it to 2031 with the buyout. 

• There it is 1