The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

9 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Funny how the moves seem so similar. Rash/knee jerking moves to get in because our owner is impatient and wants to win a cup for his papa before he’s dead. Only that this is compounding the problems we’ve had the last 10 years with our cap,roster construction and bleeding high draft picks like a SC contender would. 

I have to give you credit Alf. You called this. The most desperate move management had to go with (PA said he doesn’t want to do buyouts but he did) JR and PA’s contracts end at the end of the 2023/2024 season so they HAVE to make the playoffs or they are gone like Benning. As you know our owner will not accept anything but playoffs. Giving the FO only 3 year contracts every management group is by design and how our owner rolls. Gives them no 5+ year plan to rebuild as the story goes with Gillis and Linden. Benning was a yes man and had no spine but to do FA’s orders to make moves like this OEL one to make the playoffs. Repeating history time and time again. Just wait until free agency when we splooge all our cap space we just got.

but you called it Alf. I need to borrow that crystal ball of yours sometime.

I’m not sure why you talk about the owners only.

Benning was a mess and probably lied to everyone he met.

PA was against buyouts but he would use it if he had to so he opened the door that Alf saw.

This is about to get us competing before Hughes is tempted to leave and meet up with his bros.

So PA has four years to do something because after that the window might close if we can’t talk Hughes in to stay or we get another amazing D as him.

So forget about owner. Look at the core and when we have to start compete.

That is why BB had to go asap, OEL buyout etc…

Edited by Timråfan

6 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Defensively.

Hughes gets scored on in his own zone in less time than OEL. 
ZONE TIME DISTRIBUTION BUD. 

You got one or two defence left and that is that OEL probably is a misfit with Tocchet or that the foot injury is worse than believed.

So he might have been good next season.

We know too little for now

On 11/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, aGENT said:

Nope. Not really.

When a team incurs a $20 million penalty spread over 8 years for a player NOT to play for them, you can be pretty sure that the team thinks that player IS A PROBLEM :lol::lol: 

On 11/6/2022 at 8:52 AM, aGENT said:

Oh! Well if someone said it on 650....

:rolleyes::lol:

Can't feel too good finding out that you ridiculed someone for talking about the possibility of a buyout that ended up happening 7 months later...

Edited by dougieL

7 hours ago, dougieL said:

When a team incurs a $20 million penalty spread over 8 years for a player NOT to play for them, you can be pretty sure that the team thinks that player IS A PROBLEM :lol::lol: 

As I've said all along, the only way a buyout makes sense, is if the team feels his ankle was never going to return to form. Clearly we got our answer there. Again, as I always said, a healthy OEL, is not the problem. We as fans are not privy to his long term health outlook.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

As I've said all along, the only way a buyout makes sense, is if the team feels his ankle was never going to return to form. Clearly we got our answer there. Again, as I always said, a healthy OEL, is not the problem. We as fans are not privy to his long term health outlook.

Still going at the mental gymnastics I see :lol::lol::lol:

Your posts below are from November 2022. Was OEL healthy then? Did you mention anything about health when you said "he's not the problem" and "nope. not really"?

14 hours ago, dougieL said:

@aGENT  Hey I find this very funny.

(edit: should include @iinatcc as well)

image.thumb.png.2d671566ee4afde1becc788998f706f0.png

image.thumb.png.4d0d4c93751db127b11a0f756e4b9079.png

-----------

image.thumb.png.515f05d1c2e5d8fa3157423de79d53ba.png

image.thumb.png.abcfeeccb363e7e0064f632094b2c31f.png

image.thumb.png.85d34ce9ef5ad777839d9f1224e3be07.png

image.thumb.png.3c9e6a59501986cc3f4beaf3273deae6.png

Edited by dougieL

12 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Still going at the mental gymnastics I see :lol::lol::lol:

Your posts below are from November 2022. Was OEL healthy then? Did you mention anything about health when you said "he's not the problem" and "nope. not really"?

I've mentioned numerous times that he had a major ankle injury at the worlds last spring.

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

But I guess you are privy to how management views the health of OEL's ankle :lol::lol:

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

We are now... That was my point.

Uh no - review your logic. You said "the only way a buyout makes sense, is if the team feels his ankle was never going to return to form." This in itself is a presumption that you know the only condition under which management would execute a buyout. Are you privy to that piece of information?

Back in November, you ridiculed someone for suggesting the possibility of a buyout which happened 7 months later, and you flippantly told me without qualification or justification that OEL was not a problem. Now you're trying to cover with further mental gymnastics - I'm impressed how willing you are to keep digging deeper into the canyon you're already in :lol:

2 hours ago, dougieL said:

Uh no - review your logic. You said "the only way a buyout makes sense, is if the team feels his ankle was never going to return to form." This in itself is a presumption that you know the only condition under which management would execute a buyout. Are you privy to that piece of information?

Back in November, you ridiculed someone for suggesting the possibility of a buyout which happened 7 months later, and you flippantly told me without qualification or justification that OEL was not a problem. Now you're trying to cover with further mental gymnastics - I'm impressed how willing you are to keep digging deeper into the canyon you're already in :lol:

Nope, I've always stated that a healthy OEL is not a problem. A healthy OEL is a perfectly fine, top 4 D. He was not healthy this past season and hence wasn't a "perfectly fine top 4D" this past season. A healthy OEL is not a problem. An unhealthy one is.

If management has understandable concerns about his health/ankle moving forward, and hence his ability to play at a "perfectly fine top 4 D" level, then a buyout makes sense. Healthy, it doesn't.

There's no mental gymnastics, it's just plain logic.

• Cheers 1