The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

10 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

In this draft simulation i traded the 15th and a 6th rounder to the Ducks for their 22nd and 42nd and their 7th rounder.  Here's what we ended up with

Screenshot (15).png

What simulator is this?

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

In this draft simulation i traded the 15th and a 6th rounder to the Ducks for their 22nd and 42nd and their 7th rounder.  Here's what we ended up with

Screenshot (15).png

target nolan collins, joel kjellberg, and ivan zhigalov in later rounds. maybe ben king.

was this all simulated or did you actually pick those guys in the later rounds lol

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Screenshot (15).png

No Warren?  Kinda sad about that

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

target nolan collins, joel kjellberg, and ivan zhigalov in later rounds. maybe ben king.

was this all simulated or did you actually pick those guys in the later rounds lol

No I picked them, some off the board lower than they appeared. 

here's my draft sim...It seems the rankings on that sim are old...because if we could walk away with this I will cry tears of joy. That third pick sounds perfect for us...

I traded 15th overall and our 4th I think, to AZ for 27 and 32....Miro was taken by Anaheim prior else I would have kept 15

image.png.3f0e63b1246132c20dc397f68d89a8fe.png

image.png.ec917a05cc637ba480225451cc4be0a4.png

Edited by NucknAsia

7 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

Will be interesting to see where Dumais goes and if he makes the NHL, how he does.....can't teach talent. If he's a great skater (don't know anything about him), watch out!

Edit: After reading the article below, sure sounds like exactly what I was talking about...for sure one to watch....somebody may get a steal in the second/third round

Interestingly, when you look at his stats progression, it seems he takes a year to adjust to a new level, then the second year dominates...that's a very big sign about his talent and work ethic....would love to see us snag him with our third if he's still there. My guess is he goes late second with those stats.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-jordan-dumais/

Didn't JR say they wanted to get bigger and faster?... don't get much smaller than 5'8...

just saying. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Didn't JR say they wanted to get bigger and faster?... don't get much smaller than 5'8...

just saying. 

'getting bigger and faster' doesn't mean every single pick needs to be over 6'2 - you still don't ignore talent....you can still get bigger and faster and select a few smaller players.

• Vintage 1

I'm really really happy with how my draft went. 

after getting Reid Schaefer in the 6th lol. I had to serve dinner so I just clicked Pete for the meme. Upon Reflection would have taken Babcock! Hope the real draft goes so easily and we load up on unbelievable picks in wild rounds. 

Screenshot_20220608-185821_Chrome.jpg

Edited by hammertime
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm really really happy with how my draft went. 

after getting Reid Schaefer in the 6th I had to serve dinner so I just clicked Pete for the meme. 

Screenshot_20220608-185821_Chrome.jpg

I like that you picked up Reid Schaefer, but I think he could go in the first round.

BOYYY does he look good in the playoffs right now. He's ridiculously physical, he skates well even though he's not the fastest, he's got a mean streak—prototypical modern day power forward that can play a middle six role.

I think Reid Schaefer could be a home run pick.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

I like that you picked up Reid Schaefer, but I think he could go in the first round.

BOYYY does he look good in the playoffs right now. He's ridiculously physical, he skates well even though he's not the fastest, he's got a mean streak—prototypical modern day power forward that can play a middle six role.

I think Reid Schaefer could be a home run pick.

Lol ha I know Schaefer won't be there in the 6th or rinzel in the 5th or Roni in the 4th but it's nice to dream. Dolzhenkov is a beast. Their all in the  2nd round of my board so...... It more came down to not seeing Schaefer on the available list earlier. These draft sims aren't very good past the 1st. And I see someone got Nemec at 15 and Lammi in the 3rd on a different sim.  Pretty sus. Fun to play GM though. 

Edited by hammertime
Fun