The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

With Kuzy and Podz, maybe we take Miro now too!

He's who I want if he's there at 15 but am also getting very warm on Marco Kasper...Feel like Miro is the high end higher risk pick but if he reaches his ceiling watch out. Kasper to me is another Bo type pick. Know what you're getting. Ceiling isn't as high but you're getting a solid player out of it.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I really wish he would explain his rankings

Me too.

Lowest mateychuk ranking I’ve seen.

pickering has been on rise though. His pick skills / size combo and raw potential could really attract a team system that could develop him patiently.

this is a kind of draft where a trade down really makes sense I think.

Canucks could still end up with a really good player at #15.  Players will fall, possibly even Savoie, Nazar, Korchinski, Mintyukov.  Still, no RDs.

Maybe they trade up to try and get Nemec or Jiricek, or maybe they acquire another late 1st / early 2nd and get a RD there:  Luneau, Salomonsson, Chesley or Lamoureaux. 

After this Kuzmenko signing, can't wait to see what they do at the Draft

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

If we pass on Savoie, I'm going to be very disappointed.

5'9" center...I think we will pass given our needs. He will drop because of his size, be converted to wing and probably do quite well.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks could still end up with a really good player at #15.  Players will fall, possibly even Savoie, Nazar, Korchinski, Mintyukov.  Still, no RDs.

Maybe they trade up to try and get Nemec or Jiricek, or maybe they acquire another late 1st / early 2nd and get a RD there:  Luneau, Salomonsson, Chesley or Lamoureaux. 

After this Kuzmenko signing, can't wait to see what they do at the Draft

Button has Savoie at 18 and Nazar at 25....I wonder what his knock is on them.

Personally, I take Miro if he's there or Kasper - assuming the draft goes in a relatively normal fashion.

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Me too.

Lowest mateychuk ranking I’ve seen.

pickering has been on rise though. His pick skills / size combo and raw potential could really attract a team system that could develop him patiently.

this is a kind of draft where a trade down really makes sense I think.

His second round is really interesting. He's got a bunch of RD I had my eye on, and ranked much lower, going in the second round.

Noah Warren

Sam Rinzel

Christian Kyrou

All guys ranked in the 3/4th rounds where we have picks..... I sure hope we can snag a 2nd round pick and grab Warren 

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

5'9" center...I think we will pass given our needs. He will drop because of his size, be converted to wing and probably do quite well.

Brayden Point was the same height and lighter when he was drafted. Very similar offensive production. Similar game. He has the speed and skill that JR said he wants. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

If we pass on Savoie, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Yzerman is drafting him.

If you want to know why.  Look at Yzerman during his draft year.  he is actually half an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier.

• Like 1

I think we take Yurov or Miroshenko at 15 if we don’t trade down. You are getting the value due to the fact they play in Russia. Clearly this isn’t an issue for our management who ran with Malkin as a key player in Pittsburg.

4 hours ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

I think my problem with Korchinksi is that he isn't the most consistent guy. Pretty reliable in all situations but there's a point when you can play it TOO safe, y'know?

I'd put Mintyukov higher, and Kasper and Kulich above Yurov.

:huh:

22 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I think we take Yurov or Miroshenko at 15 if we don’t trade down. You are getting the value due to the fact they play in Russia. Clearly this isn’t an issue for our management who ran with Malkin as a key player in Pittsburg.

That's interesting. Benning also benefitted with Podkolzin dropping because he's Russian. I wouldn't be surprised to see VAN take Yurov or Miroshnichenko (both wingers), although they really need quality Cs and Ds.  Kind of hoping for Mintyukov.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Yzerman is drafting him.

If you want to know why.  Look at Yzerman during his draft year.  he is actually half an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier.

Yzerman is taking Lambert or Bichsel he's building a team through the draft brick by brick.. Raymond Sieder Edvinsson, Tuomisto, McIsac, Cossa Veleno. He missed on Zadina. I think his blueprint requires the tools Lambert has. Could see him trading down again and getting both. 

Edited by hammertime

2 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

His second round is really interesting. He's got a bunch of RD I had my eye on, and ranked much lower, going in the second round.

Noah Warren

Sam Rinzel

Christian Kyrou

All guys ranked in the 3/4th rounds where we have picks..... I sure hope we can snag a 2nd round pick and grab Warren 

Not to mention salomonsson And chesley 

Craigslist never a guide to draft order though it’s just his take on who will be the best.

i cant  wait for bob macs scouts aggregate final list to get a better idea

of how the draft will go but still this years draft gonna be filled with surprises