The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucas Forsell | LW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

In J20 Nationell this season, Forsell is tied for 54th in total points and tied for 75th in points per game (but he’s more like top-50 in PPG if you don’t count the players with just a few games played).

How do we interpret this data? Is this good? Is this bad? :)

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

How do we interpret this data? Is this good? Is this bad? :)

Haha, that’s the million dollar question.

It’s certainly not bad. But it’s not really good, either. 

At least in terms of a legitimate prospect with high NHL chances.

But for a seventh round pick, Forsell is doing great. He’s leading his J20 team in scoring and he’s also appeared in 20 SHL games this year. That’s really good, considering where he was picked.

I’d just want to see a higher J20 scoring rate, and some more production at the SHL level, before I’d start getting too excited or really thinking about him as a surefire future NHLer.

If he was scoring maybe around 1.33 points per game in the J20, and also had something like 6 or 7 points in his 20 SHL games, then he’d be looking really promising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Haha, that’s the million dollar question.

It’s certainly not bad. But it’s not really good, either. 

At least in terms of a legitimate prospect with high NHL chances.

But for a seventh round pick, Forsell is doing great. He’s leading his J20 team in scoring and he’s also appeared in 20 SHL games this year. That’s really good, considering where he was picked.

I’d just want to see a higher J20 scoring rate, and some more production at the SHL level, before I’d start getting too excited or really thinking about him as a surefire future NHLer.

If he was scoring maybe around 1.33 points per game in the J20, and also had something like 6 or 7 points in his 20 SHL games, then he’d be looking really promising.

Well he did have 7 points in his last 2 J20 games, so maybe he's finding that next level?

• Upvote 1