The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

9 hours ago, JM_ said:

sounds like he had a rough year: https://fieldpasshockey.com/how-jett-woos-second-professional-season-has-gone/

Not sure he's in bustaroo territory just yet tho. 

I don't know if they are trying to turn him into a right winger who can hit, but who has no real offensive pop to his game, or if the presence of Juulsen, Bowey, Brisebois, Sautner, Stephens and Rathbone is just too tough for him to crack. Either way, he isn't going to be an NHL player any time soon.

1 hour ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Canucks setting Woo up to be a Scotty Walker/Steve Staios type.

Woo is why Benning needed to add second and third round picks.  Then we would have several Woo type guys from his draft and wouldn’t have all our hopes resting on the success of only one.  

Trading away second and third round picks was stupid, and further showed Benning’s arrogance.

Now we have Woo, who is obviously a bustaroo bansai as a d man.  

10 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't know if they are trying to turn him into a right winger who can hit, but who has no real offensive pop to his game, or if the presence of Juulsen, Bowey, Brisebois, Sautner, Stephens and Rathbone is just too tough for him to crack. Either way, he isn't going to be an NHL player any time soon.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind the move, is it just that he's missed a lot of time and the d pairings are set and they don't want to mess with it for the playoffs? or is this really a winger conversion project?

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind the move, is it just that he's missed a lot of time and the d pairings are set and they don't want to mess with it for the playoffs? or is this really a winger conversion project?

The team just lost Hirano, they are playing ECHL signings throughout the roster as they are short on forwards. Petan and Dries are up with big club. I think it’s just due to the forward shortage they have. 

That being said the RD spot is deep on the team so it pushed Woo down. He has had an ok season but nothing impressive. However he actually has done a really good job playing forward and the versatility will help him moving forward. I still think he has the game to one day make the NHL but injuries have really set him back.

When Cull was playing Woo and Rathbone together I thought they looked great and fed off each other well. Woo was always willing to muck it up with anyone who got too rough on bone…but Cull obviously decided to split them up. 

Hoping Woo comes back next season and has a full healthy run at it. That will help us evaluate him better going forward.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

The team just lost Hirano, they are playing ECHL signings throughout the roster as they are short on forwards. Petan and Dries are up with big club. I think it’s just due to the forward shortage they have. 

That being said the RD spot is deep on the team so it pushed Woo down. He has had an ok season but nothing impressive. However he actually has done a really good job playing forward and the versatility will help him moving forward. I still think he has the game to one day make the NHL but injuries have really set him back.

When Cull was playing Woo and Rathbone together I thought they looked great and fed off each other well. Woo was always willing to muck it up with anyone who got too rough on bone…but Cull obviously decided to split them up. 

Hoping Woo comes back next season and has a full healthy run at it. That will help us evaluate him better going forward.

nice, thanks for the review. I haven't watched any Abby games this year so wasn't sure what was going on.

So... who off the season-end Van Canucks roster will be eligible to join the Abby Canucks for their playoffs (besides Podz) (without waivers)?  Martin, Lockwood, Petan, Dries ... all heading back to Abby?  Burroughs? Hunt?    ??

Edited by boomer29