The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

2 minutes ago, justathought said:

“For the most part, the coronavirus vaccines reduce the risk of getting infected, and with fewer infections, there is less replicating virus so the chance of producing new variants decreases as well,” she added.              https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-mutations-vaccine-idUSL1N2OZ1PU 

If you've had the vaccine, you are pro-vaccine...

Science supporting common sense.  Antivaxxers and anti-maskers, and anti-vaccine passports people are not using their common sense.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justathought said:

“For the most part, the coronavirus vaccines reduce the risk of getting infected, and with fewer infections, there is less replicating virus so the chance of producing new variants decreases as well,” she added.              https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-mutations-vaccine-idUSL1N2OZ1PU 

If you've had the vaccine, you are pro-vaccine...

No, Im pro choice, I believe everyone has the right to decide for themselves. In my opinion at this time the vaccine is safe, others may have different opinion and that’s their right. Don’t forget there are still severe reaction and even deaths caused by the vaccine.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Don’t forget there are still severe reaction and even deaths caused by the vaccine.

How many?

How many deaths due to covid?

What is the percentage breakdown?

Don't forget which number is worse.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

How many?

That’s not the point I’m making and that’s why I chose to get the vaccine, because imho the benefit outweighs the risk, that does not mean there is no risk in getting it and for some, they believe the risk isn’t worth it, that’s their right to think like that. 

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

How many?

Tough to have an honest discussion with the antivaxxer, anti-masker, anti-vaccine passport, anti-common sense crowd.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s not the point I’m making and that’s why I chose to get the vaccine, because imho the benefit outweighs the risk, that does not mean there is no risk in getting it and for some, they believe the risk isn’t worth it, that’s their right to think like that. 

2000 people in Canada die every year (posted links in this thread already) from acetaminophen, Aspirin, and Ibuprofen use.  

6 have died from these vaccines.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

What’s your point? If the chance decreases there’s still a chance no? That’s all I said.

I won't runs across a busy freeway when a pedestrian overpass is available...there's a chance I will make it, but reason tells me to take the overpass. I had my child vaccinated against polio, measles and smallpox etc. for those decisions I relied on science. Theres a chance the child will be fine , but...

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tough to have an honest discussion with the antivaxxer, anti-masker, anti-vaccine passport, anti-common sense crowd.

Tough to have a conversation with someone that uses so many labels, that’s why there’s so much hatred going on now.

What am I?

I refused the vaccine until I knew enough about it that I considered it safe for me, I also picked my vaccine and would not have gotten any of the others if they were the only choice as I didn’t know enough about them. I also passed on my second shot once because it meant mixing, I did not feel comfortable with that.

I wore a mask when required but believed even if they worked in theory just watching people at grocery store touching their faces every minute, basically not using masks properly that they were useless so I went out of my way to not be in areas where I got close enough to people that masks were mandatory.

I am on the fence about the passports at this point.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If it was about the risk, they would have already got the vaccine. Simple math would, and has,  shown the better odds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, justathought said:

I won't runs across a busy freeway when a pedestrian overpass is available...there's a chance I will make it, but reason tells me to take the overpass. I had my child vaccinated against polio, measles and smallpox etc. for those decisions I relied on science. Theres a chance the child will be fine , but...

That’s your right, but not your right to force everyone else to use the overpass.

1 hour ago, morgo said:

Oh wow, more name calling...  I'm so shocked :lol:

CDC website says hello.  You haven't disproved anything.  "Carry on."

bpnRlBR.png
und1p5t.png

Pointing out that you are clueless is not calling you a name, it is pointing out a verifiable fact.

You're not a victim by any measure here sir sit down.

That graph was literally shot down and shuttered mere posts after you originally put it out there.

Again, it's starting to get rather sad so maybe just save your energy.

• Like 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

If it was about the risk, they would have already got the vaccine. Simple math would, and has,  shown the better odds.

So far, we know nothing about long term effects of the vaccine, I have a friend who doesn’t want the vaccine because he has a strong immune system, is healthy and fit and believes that, vitamin D and zinc makes his odds of getting seriously sick minimal, nice thing is, we still have very intelligent discussions.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Pointing out that you are clueless is not calling you a name, it is pointing out a verifiable fact.

You're not a victim by any measure here sir sit down.

That graph was literally shot down and shuttered mere posts after you originally put it out there.

Again, it's starting to get rather sad so maybe just save your energy.

B62665C7-BDCD-4F2A-83BE-F28274971646.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So far, we know nothing about long term effects of the vaccine, I have a friend who doesn’t want the vaccine because he has a strong immune system, is healthy and fit and believes that, vitamin D and zinc makes his odds of getting seriously sick minimal, nice thing is, we still have very intelligent discussions.

Show the science behind your supposition.  You do know these vaccines are out of your system in less than three weeks, right?  So show your science that shows otherwise.  

You are espousing craperolla.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Also as I said before my uncle died from getting vaccinated.

Yes, but here are the numbers I asked for

covid deaths  4,375,000             https://www.covid-19canada.com/

vaccine deaths     UPDATE #2: As of 6:30 PM CT on July 21, 2021, the CDC's website stated through July 19, 2021, VAERS had received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. The CDC's webpage's Last Update date reflects July 21, 2021.

"The CDC’s website says, ‘Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. This is because the U.S. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after a COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause.

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/covid-19-vaccine-related-fatalities-updated

1 hour ago, morgo said:

Oh wow, more name calling...  I'm so shocked :lol:

CDC website says hello.  You haven't disproved anything.  "Carry on."

bpnRlBR.png
und1p5t.png

Out of curiosity you know how vaers works right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Show the science behind your supposition.  You do know these vaccines are out of your system in less than three weeks, right?  So show your science that shows otherwise.  

You are espousing craperolla.  

Alf, I don’t know why you keep trying to change what I’m saying to fit your agenda, I said may and obviously it’s impossible to know at this point but I did find this from a government site:

We believe that the public should be fully informed that vaccines, though effective in preventing infections, may have long term adverse effects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1114674/

20 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’ve got a house, nice car and pretty decent wife, what do you wanna bet and how do we test?

Well, I can match your trifecta re: car, wife, and house.  I also have a loyal dog.  

WRT your premise in the post I partially quoted I expect you are correct, and I apologize for the reactive and uncalled for ad hominem.

I disagree with what I believe is your stance ‘tho - I think the greater good calls for limits on freedoms ( no air travel, large gatherings etc) for those who are unvaccinated

I’m keeping the dog btw.