The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

1 minute ago, gurn said:

You may wish to re aquaint yourself with traffic laws.

They force us to use over passes and not run across 4 lanes of traffic.

Keeps the pedestrian from killing themselves and who ever hits them.

What if I’m a doctor and there is someone on the other side choking but I’m scared of heights?

• RoughGame 1

28 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I struggle with that question, obviously anyone working with the vulnerable should require vaccination, I can even get behind proof for large event, I can not get behind firing unvaxxed people or banning them from regular businesses.

Honestly, if they made a vote, passports everywhere or passports nowhere, nothing in between I’d vote nowhere.

Agree, but reasonable risk mitigation is the key regarding your (bolded) comments.

With a black and white vote (all or nothing) and if it came to that I’d side with you; but I’d hope we could be more discerning at the end of the day ( as you have said regarding protecting vulnerable folks).

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting read on that.  it is evidently up to provincial law at this point and at any point the government can in fact decide businesses can make that decision which, would in fact make it law.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8033977/covid-coronavirus-vaccines-mandatory-business-university/

As of now businesses can in fact refuse service and should an individual in fact deem it discriminatory based on their medical, VALID MEDICAL EXEMPTION; than they can in fact face a buman rights tribunal about it but can not in fact barge their way in to said business.

Yes, I read that too, ultimately it’ll go to the courts, I won’t be surprised if someone takes the Canucks to court, I think the solution is the government will have to address which businesses may and which may not require proof.

Just now, Edge_Case said:

Agree, but reasonable risk mitigation is the key regarding your (bolded) comments.

With a black and white vote (all or nothing) and if it came to that I’d side with you; but I’d hope we could be more discerning at the end of the day ( as you have said regarding protecting vulnerable folks).

Define reasonable risk, death rate of the flu is about .06% and you can go anywhere you like even when sick, in fact most employers expect you to.

Covid, 1.6% (for BC all time).

What is the risk if for someone dying from covid that’s vaxxed but exposed to someone unvaxxed? Has to be a lower number.

What if a new virus comes out that’s .5%, .4%? Where is the threshold?

4 minutes ago, morgo said:

I'm finished with this thread.  Enjoy your authoritarianism :).

You people make me glad the Canucks have zero cups.  Adios!

Pjp29fN.jpg

So instead of actually attempting to use proper stats, facts arguments and evidence to back up your statements.

You will then defame us, degrade us and the team we support and then just leave?

Quality.

Take care.  I am sure you will be missed with "what is coming"

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So instead of actually attempting to use proper stats, facts arguments and evidence to back up your statements.

You will then defame us, degrade us and the team and then just leave?

Quality.

If you’re implying we’re gonna win a cup, the stats say otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yes, I read that too, ultimately it’ll go to the courts, I won’t be surprised if someone takes the Canucks to court, I think the solution is the government will have to address which businesses may and which may not require proof.

I do not envy the panel that will decide that myself.

But I agree in the fact it will go to the courts without question.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Oh I wouldn’t be surprised either.  But the plaintiffs better hope they get an anti-vaxxer, anti-masking COVID denier as a judge.

• Like 1

I think, getting back on track here.

A significant event like a large sporting venue, concert or gathering should be allowed to require proof of vaccination if ONLY due to the significant chance of mass transmission.  

I am unsure if this will be possible or acceptable on something like mass transit to/from said venue/gathering but I do believe mitigating requests such as masks can be requested.

At days end the Canucks brand will decide this and for the rest of us all the government will ultimately allow the courts to decide so.

Until then, stay safe, wash your hands and stay away from me ;) 

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You will then defame us, degrade us and the team we support and then just leave?

Quality.

I'd suggest someone driving him to the airport but he wouldn't be allowed on the plane.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Define reasonable risk, death rate of the flu is about .06% and you can go anywhere you like even when sick, in fact most employers expect you to.

Covid, 1.6% (for BC all time).

What is the risk if for someone dying from covid that’s vaxxed but exposed to someone unvaxxed? Has to be a lower number.

What if a new virus comes out that’s .5%, .4%? Where is the threshold?

I’m not an expert but the numbers you use say that the risk of death is close to x18 for COVID v the ‘flu. And isn’t it enough at x 18 death rate for COVID ( in general , not including folks who are at higher risk who may be exposed if mitigation was to be ignored) .... etc ...

... ah heck with ... take my dog ... lol ....

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd suggest someone driving him to the airport but he wouldn't be allowed on the plane.

That whole camp, their entire arguments are starting more and mroe to sound like the my pillow guy who claims they have credible prooftrump won and biden stole it only to  then run away when cornered for it

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Edge_Case said:

I’m not an expert but the numbers you use say that the risk of death is close to x18 for COVID v the ‘flu. And isn’t it enough at x 18 death rate for COVID ( in general , not including folks who are at higher risk who may be exposed if mitigation was to be ignored) .... etc ...

... ah heck with ... take my dog ... lol ....

I agree, it’s complicated