The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

MTL need a top 6 center and want to continue to compete for a Cup.

Hertl reportedly wants out of SJS because of the E Kane situation and they too want to compete as their window is closing.

Eichel wants out of BUF and this signals another rebuild for them.

Perhaps a 3-way deal could be struck?

To MTL: Hertl

To SJS: Eichel

To BUF:

SJS 1st 2022 + SJS 2nd 2023

Simek (LD, $2.25m, from SJS to balance cap)

Mysak (LW, MTL 2nd round pick 2020)

Ylonen (RW, MTL 2nd round pick 2018)

CAR 1st 2022 + CAR 3rd 2022 (from MTL, KK compensation)

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Wouldn’t work for their cap.  They have Suzuki to sign next season and Caufield the year after. 

Who cares.  Both those players suck and aren’t worth more than a mill or two.  

Oh.  Sorry.   I thought this was HF boards for a second.  

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I wonder if Bergevin has the balls to offer sheet petey unless dvorak trade 

Habs only have 6 million left of the 10% over.  Bergevin will sign an older guy like Bozek.  That’s all he’s got left.  Time to rebuild  there anyway.  

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

To the surprise of no one, Kotkaniemi said he was done in Montreal. So even if they wanted him back at that price tag they were at best getting a locker room distraction. They weren't gonna get more in a trade either. I still like Kotkaniemi's potential, assuming he's not an entitled diva this could be massive for Carolina. Kotkaniemi, Svenchnikov and Aho in the top 6. That looks amazing if Kotkaniemi gets close to that Kopitar potential.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If he flops this season, he'll almost certainly be a UFA next summer. I don't see them qualifying him at 6mil if he has another season like he did last season. Unless he does them a solid and re-signs prior to free agency at a more friendly deal.

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

To the surprise of no one, Kotkaniemi said he was done in Montreal. So even if they wanted him back at that price tag they were at best getting a locker room distraction. They weren't gonna get more in a trade either. I still like Kotkaniemi's potential, assuming he's not an entitled diva this could be massive for Carolina. Kotkaniemi, Svenchnikov and Aho in the top 6. That looks amazing if Kotkaniemi gets close to that Kopitar potential.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If he flops this season, he'll almost certainly be a UFA next summer. I don't see them qualifying him at 6mil if he has another season like he did last season. Unless he does them a solid and re-signs prior to free agency at a more friendly deal.

Could the Canes even hope to draft a 21 year old player, who is as good as JK with their 2022 first round pick?  Habs will get that first, but what are the odds they get a player even close to JK?  2%?  And that guy will need to develop too.  

Bergevin got taken to the woodshed.  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Canadiens would be smart to keep the first round pick. They’re gonna need it.

The first is gonna be late but by all accounts it’s a deep draft. Find a center better than KK and the jokes on the Canes.

Or is there a soon to be announced Habs acquire Eichel trade?  Bergevin has had an embarrassingly awful summer.  Bringing in Eichel could take some of the heat off.