The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mailloux suspended indefinitely by OHL

Rate this topic

qwijibo

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Not to mention that the victims statement is, she asked for an apology and all she got was a half-assed 2 line text. I could care less if he has said all the right things in front of the media. Those statements only benefit himself and further his own career. The only person that matters in this story in the young woman. Unless more has happened behind the scenes we don't know about, her statement is, he did the absolute bare minimum he could do to try to make amends.  

yup, thats back when it was just a story in Europe no one here was following.

His agent's statements about getting out in front of 'cancel culture' are pretty telling. They schemed up this little "oh don't draft me thing" and proceeded to work out how he'd get drafted and how to handle the media blowback. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yup, thats back when it was just a story in Europe no one here was following.

His agent's statements about getting out in front of 'cancel culture' are pretty telling. They schemed up this little "oh don't draft me thing" and proceeded to work out how he'd get drafted and how to handle the media blowback. 

I'm to often disappointed with the number of knuckle heads who will blindly defend someone based off limited knowledge on the subject. I'm equally disgusted with people are the far side who will dismiss someone without the proper information. They are both very problematic. I feel like the people who blindly defend though are just doing it to try to stick it to the 'cancel culture' crew. Which is even worse to me.

The same thing happened with Jake. I was vocially one of his biggest supporters over the years. But when allegations started coming out, I cooled quickly. Had some downright disturbing conversations with Patel and a few others around here who were blindly supporting him, seemingly out of pure hatred of the cancel culture mentality (which in equally against) or just to get a rise out of other people. I honestly think some people are defending this little wet fart for the same reasons.

Forgiveness is earned, not court mandated. Doing even the minimal amount of basic research on this topic shows us he has done nothing to earn that forgiveness. He has said all the right things for his own future and seemingly ignored the only person in this story that deserves closure.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, JM_ said:

He only apologized when it blew up in his face. Do you believe that if she had stayed silent, he'd be remorseful? 

I also believe that he knew he was going to be selected, there's just too much information that his agent passed on to other teams for him not to know. 

It just strains credibility to think he didn't know. And yet he didn't demand MTL or some other team not pick him. So his public speech about not wanting to be picked was fake. 

So far all the kid has done is what he's had to do, and he didn't live up to his own statements. 

I have done some research however I can't find any evidence he hasn't lived up to what he has stated.

Can you please post evidence of this. 

I am torn on the price this kid should pay.

There have to be consequences for sure.

What do you think they should be ?

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

100% agree.  The Agent was likely working with the Habs from early on and both had their PR departments involved in a very calculated action to make this guy the victim.  The guy is slime, as is Bergevin. 

See this is what pisses me off.

You have no knowledge of what was going on behind the scenes yet you state "the agent was likely working with the habs from early on ".

Where is your evidence ?

Would you like to to be accused of something without any evidence provided ? 

You have a history of insulting/abusing other Canadian teams,their players and staff. 

To be clear I am not defending Logan,what he has done is disgusting and he must pay a price for his actions,a genuine apology delivered in person would be a starting point.

10 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I have done some research however I can't find any evidence he hasn't lived up to what he has stated.

I'm not sure if these is what your asking for, but if you are looking for proof this kid isn't remorseful then Google mailloux victim and read the markerzone article. For whatever reason I can't share the link on my phone right now. But if this the information you're looking for it was very easy to find with only a basic search.

54 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I'm not sure if these is what your asking for, but if you are looking for proof this kid isn't remorseful then Google mailloux victim and read the markerzone article. For whatever reason I can't share the link on my phone right now. But if this the information you're looking for it was very easy to find with only a basic search.

I read the article and what I totally understand is the victim not wanting to see Logan in person and receive what she believes is an honest apology.

That is the very least she deserves. 

What do you believe should happen to Logan from here on in ?

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

he agreed to join a team when he said he didn't want to. Not sure what else you need. 

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Right now I see no material consequence to him at all. Something would be nice. 

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I read the article and what I totally understand is the victim not wanting to see Logan in person and receive what she believes is an honest apology.

That is the very least she deserves. 

What do you believe should happen to Logan from here on in ?

Well first off he should have never been drafted. That may not be his fault, but there is no way he should have been put into this position in the first place. If he wasn't drafted he could have silently done his time actually trying to become a better person without being in the media eye.

He should definitely be suspended by the OHL, like he currently is. So that's a start I guess. I also firmly believe he deserves all the hate he's getting for what he did. I don't feel bad for him in the slightest. I can't believe that I read Bounce on the first page say he "felt bad for the him". That's disgusting, to be honest. 

So far so good in my opinion. If he applies to be reinstated in January, I hope it's not accepted. Playing professional hockey is a privilege, he has a long way to go to earn that back, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Well first off he should have never been drafted. That may not be his fault, but there is no way he should have been put into this position in the first place. If he wasn't drafted he could have silently done his time actually trying to become a better person without being in the media eye.

He should definitely be suspended by the OHL, like he currently is. So that's a start I guess. I also firmly believe he deserves all the hate he's getting for what he did. I don't feel bad for him in the slightest. I can't believe that I read Bounce on the first page say he "felt bad for the him". That's disgusting, to be honest. 

So far so good in my opinion. If he applies to be reinstated in January, I hope it's not accepted. Playing professional hockey is a privilege, he has a long way to go to earn that back, in my opinion.

You know what mate I teach my son not to hate it's such a wasted emotion.

You are espousing hate only demeans you.

I find it ironic that religious people who preach tolerance are amongst the first to feel and display hate.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

You know what mate I teach my son not to hate it's such a wasted emotion.

You are espousing hate only demeans you.

I find it ironic that religious people who preach tolerance are amongst the first to feel and display hate.

My dad taught me to respect other people. Hopefully this is enough to teach Mailloux that, since he must have missed that lesson.

Not sure what religion has to do with absolutely anything in this conversation? I find it ironic that religious people who preach "my body my rights" as a reason not to take the vaccine, are the same people passing laws to take those rights away for woman in Texas. Am I doing this right?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

My dad taught me to respect other people. Hopefully this is enough to teach Mailloux that, since he must have missed that lesson.

Not sure what religion has to do with absolutely anything in this conversation? I find it ironic that religious people who preach "my body my rights" as a reason not to take the vaccine, are the same people passing laws to take those rights away for woman in Texas. Am I doing this right?

I totally agree those Texas nutjobs are nutjobs.

What you stated is that he deserves hate.

You espoused hate.

No one deserves hate.

It solves nothing and only makes things worse.

Show empathy to the victim and teach the perpetrator that kindness and compassion are the way to treat your fellow human beings.

That's the way to do it right.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

You espoused hate.

No one deserves hate.

Show empathy to the victim and teach the perpetrator that kindness and compassion are the way to treat your fellow human beings.

He took pictures of a woman, without her knowledge, preforming a intimate act. Then showed this pictures to his buddies, and when they questioned him also supplied links to identify her directly. He deserves what people are saying about him, and he deserves any further consequences to his future career due to his actions. I fully support calling this kid a tiny-brained whiper of other people's bottoms. If that's promoting hate, then I guess that's just where I stand on the subject.

3 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

He took pictures of a woman, without her knowledge, preforming a intimate act. Then showed this pictures to his buddies, and when they questioned him also supplied links to identify her directly. He deserves what people are saying about him, and he deserves any further consequences to his future career due to his actions. I fully support calling this kid a tiny-brained whiper of other people's bottoms. If that's promoting hate, then I guess that's just where I stand on the subject.

Do you think calling him names and villifying him from a keyboard will help him affect change in his life ? 

We all make choices like this kid did.

You want him to treat others in a kind compassionate manner the best way to do that is set an example yourself.

15 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Do you think calling him names and villifying him from a keyboard will help him affect change in his life ? 

We all make choices like this kid did.

You want him to treat others in a kind compassionate manner the best way to do that is set an example yourself.

I don't expect anything I say has any possible outcome on him whatsoever.

We all make choices daily, and when you make stupid choices you have to deal with the consequences of those choices. I have zero intention on showing any compassion whatsoever to this kid after the choices he made, unless he has proven that he deserves that compassion. What he did was villainous, and according to the victim he hasn't shown any compassion at all to her. You get what you give. If you want to stand on your hill and talk down to me because I think very little of this kid, that's fine by me. I'm entirely comfertable with the stance I'm taking on this subject.

Edited by shayster007

8 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I don't expect anything I say has any possible outcome on him whatsoever.

We all make choices daily, and when you make stupid choices you have to deal with the consequences of those choices. I have zero intention on showing any compassion whatsoever to this kid after the choices he made. What he did was villainous, and according to the victim he hasn't shown any compassion at all to her. You get what you give. If you want to stand on your hill and talk down to me because I think very little of this kid, that's fine by me. I'm entirely comfertable with the stance I'm taking on this subject.

You are always so dramatic mate.

I am not talking down to you,I am discussing the topic of this thread.

If you believe that people villifying him on social media will have no effect on him them you are totally naive.

First off What I want is the victim to have a happy life.

Second I hope that Logan is punished,that he learns from his mistake and helps others not make the same mistake.

Something he has stated he wants to do.

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You are always so dramatic mate.

I am not talking down to you,I am discussing the topic of this thread.

If you believe that people villifying him on social media will have no effect on him them you are totally naive.

First off What I want is the victim to have a happy life.

Second I hope that Logan is punished,that he learns from his mistake and helps others not make the same mistake.

Something he has stated he wants to do.

I sincerly hope the victim finds closure and Logan is punished. We can agree on that and move on.

He was punished, by a court of law. He did his sentence, punishment over.

You don't like it? Take it up with the court.

Or just don't bother with courts, get rid of the them, complete waste of money if people aren't going to let them do their jobs.

10 hours ago, JM_ said:

he agreed to join a team when he said he didn't want to. Not sure what else you need. 

Right now I see no material consequence to him at all. Something would be nice. 

I agree.   Well i'm sure his pay will end up being affected at some level given what has happened...if he set up a fund and donated a sizeable portion of his salary it would provide some real restitution.   Including to his victim.   

This entire thing is a debacle.   Whoever else drafted him would have been saddled with the same thing, but i do wonder if he slipped to say the 4-5 round if this would be as big a story as it is.  Bergevin looks like the clown he used to play in the NHL locker rooms right now, but for the entire GM locker room and the NHL.  Picking at 31 is like picking a second rounder ... he knows that.   High risk move on his part without a big reward.   Stuck in the past, pre internet and cancel culture this would have gone below the radar and not seen much air time if at all which is sad in a way.   Now these things just won't go away.   The kids career .... well it was a stupid stupid thing to do.   No the girls life isn't ruined like a few posters have indicated - that's some serious snowflake stuff and bag face me for saying it - there are a lot worse things people do to each other.    But it is a serious thing.   Monetary restitution would go a long way in helping both parties.   10% of his entire NHL or hockey salary for example voluntarily. 

Why in the heck the GMs didn't just agree to not draft this kid ahead of time is mind boggling.   Won't be surprised at all if Bettman steps in, and removes allows the kid to get his wish, whether it was genuine or not, and put him back into the draft next year and just say too bad for wasting your pick MTL, the optics are bad for the league and especially bad for Bergevin and MTL.   Would fix that.   Players shouldn't be rewarded for acting like that and in a way he did which i think has a lot to do with the outrage over this too. 

The OHL banning him more or less puts the onus on the NHL now, this can't be swept under the rug.   They punished ARI for tampering.   This was worse. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

You espoused hate.

No one deserves hate.

Until we as people, accept  that doing no harm is the right thing every time, we are in for it.   Jesus taught this (as did Gandhi and of course Buddha where it comes from) - the rest of the Bible is good for a history lesson maybe but who cares about what two goats and a red symbol on a door means - pretty whacked.   So any Christian that isn't following Jesus's path isn't reading the book of John enough. 

It does (Bible) preach forgiveness, as does every other religion.   Buddhism.   Smart monks.   Until all parties, and that includes anyone who has witnessed or heard about it, forgives they are both affected by it and also under its duress.  Some things are or at least seem to be practically unforgiveable.  This isn't one of those things.    So yes i agree, hate kills people.   It physically and mentally kills.   Sucks life and hurts those around you, and those they talk too.   Not easy being human.   We've all made mistakes.    

No i'm not a religious nut, but am glad for the exposure i've had (and don't go to church).   Our entire legal system is based on it though, as is every other countries.   Do the crime do the time makes people feel better about it, and makes very simple lines so everyone is clear about which ones they want to cross.   18 now is like 14 when i was young in a lot of cases.   Kids these days just don't have the same appreciation or understanding.   What this kid did, and he's a kid still, was reprehensible.    His punishment is also a lot heavier then it would have been 20-30 years ago given it's exposure.  Just reading some of these replies that's pretty clear.   I'm willing to see what he does to make amends.   It won't be easy.   But it's also not worth a life sentence either.   Hope he's getting the help he needs too.   And more then anything hope his victim is ok.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1