The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sheldon Dries | #15 | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Has 8 goals and 13 points mostly playing as a 3rd/4th liner. 

Wonder if there would be interest in him as a depth player. Late round pick for him would be nice.

I think his game has got stronger thru the season. He works cheap. I would keep him unless a 3rd rdr offer. I doubt any offer is coming. 

• 1 month later...

11 goals, 17 points in 56 games as a 4th liner is pretty impressive. I know he's small and doesn't bring much PK/physicality but you have to admit he does seem to rack up offence a lot.

Shame we need an upgrade at 3C to push Joshua and Aman down to our 4th line but he deserves a chance somewhere.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

11 goals, 17 points in 56 games as a 4th liner is pretty impressive. I know he's small and doesn't bring much PK/physicality but you have to admit he does seem to rack up offence a lot.

Shame we need an upgrade at 3C to push Joshua and Aman down to our 4th line but he deserves a chance somewhere.

He's my pick for the most underrated this year. Never expected him to actually succeed at the NHL level.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Considering he's playing very limited minutes, he's been alright given the situation he's in. He's getting an NHL salary. I'd like to see him around next season too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 10:10 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

These are truly excellent numbers, given his limited playing time. He made the most of it for sure. 

We need lower-cap guys in our bottom lines who can produce, and I feel he seems to be a solid fit. Although I agree he doesn't have ideal size and isn't a big physical presence, he doesn't seem to shy away from getting deep in the play, and conducts himself with quite a bit of energy and tenacity. 

I think Dries did a really admirable job this season as a square peg in a round whole. Unfortunately he falls into the category that a number of smaller players have previously. He's not good enough defensively or big enough to be match-up or checking line bottom 6er, but also not good enough offensively for the top 6.

I definitely wouldn't mind having him around as the 13th forward due to his admirable work ethic but I really hope we can upgrade at 3C this offseason.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 5 months later...