The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

My prediction of the roster for the game will be.

Di Giuseppe-Dickinson-Chiasson

Highmore-Dowling-Klimovich

Dries-Stevens-Lockwood

Plasek-Lockhart-Arseneau

Juolevi-Schenn

Hunt-Bowey

Kannok Leipert - Woo

DiPietro and Martin

I very much doubt they will ice a roster that weak especially with that group of D men.

Dowling is a career AHL'er with 438 games there vs 76 in the NHL. I think you will see either Horvat or Miller centering the 1st line with Dickenson as the 2nd or 3rd line center.

As for the Defense; I would be looking at one of Myers or Eckman-Larsson in the place of Schenn

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I very much doubt they will ice a roster that weak especially with that group of D men.

Dowling is a career AHL'er with 438 games there vs 76 in the NHL. I think you will see either Horvat or Miller centering the 1st line with Dickenson as the 2nd or 3rd line center.

As for the Defense; I would be looking at one of Myers or Eckman-Larsson in the place of Schenn

I read that this first game will mostly be young/new guys and then moving vets into the roster for the Abbotsford game .... or maybe I dreamt that?   LOL  

Will try to find it.

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I read that this first game will mostly be young/new guys and then moving vets into the roster for the Abbotsford game .... or maybe I dreamt that?   LOL  

Will try to find it.

I agree with your take about young and new guys playing but think they will still have a couple more vets in the lineup than what was proposed by Nazzy. Probably easier to evaluate some of the new or rookie guys if you have a sprinkling of vets.

I wonder if we will get a roster list of those on the trip to Spokane some time this morning?

• Cheers 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, -DLC- said:

It'll happen soon enough.

And I'm focused on the fact that WE HAVE HOCKEY NEXT WEEKEND!   I'm already pumped...seeing Podz here.  Brock's fired up.  Bo.  Hoglander.  Stoked to see what Garland and OEL will bring.  JT.   Etc.  So much reason to be happy/excited about the season.

Hell to the yeah.  Something like that.  :towel:

Will you be doubling back to add a link to view the game to the O.P. here?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

I got two Sportsnet updates yesterday evening excited that maybe it was our signings or a trade in the league some where but it was 1.muzzin scores first pre season goal 2. Tavares scores first goal first since injury 

its pre season !! How is this breaking news alerts 

I would like to speak to the manager 

gordon ramsay GIF

I saw 9 million  updates that the Leafs won.....the cup again? 

Too bad it's raining for the parade today....

The Canucks are a fitting first opponent in both the preseason and the regular season. Vancouver is the natural geographic rival of Seattle. Kraken president and CEO Tod Leiweke's first NHL experience came with the Canucks. Kraken COO Victor de Bonis spent almost a quarter century with them before this.

"It's a bit surreal, the whole experience," de Bonis said. "You're with one franchise for 24 years, and you have an opportunity to start something brand new just two hours away by car. I don't know if it's luck or if it's just fate or what it is, but it's a special time for all of us."

It's the start of a long journey the Kraken hope leads to one destination.

De Bonis' office overlooks center ice of Starbucks Rink 1 at Kraken Community Iceplex. Through the window fans can spot two replicas of the Presidents' Trophy, which the Canucks won in 2011 and 2012 for finishing first in the NHL standings. Between them is a replica of the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl, which the Canucks won in 2011 for winning the Western Conference in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. They lost to the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup Final.

"Those trophies, on the one hand, you're like, 'We didn't win,'" de Bonis said. "Those 2011 and 2012 teams, they were amazing. You put them there, because it's a reminder that you keep pushing to try to win, and that's what we're trying to do."

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-kraken-set-for-first-preseason-game/c-326346838

• Like 1