The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Hmmmm  I wonder what all the questions will be about during the media availability.  

How do you feel about Elias and Quinn not being here?  Do you wish that Elias and Quinn were here?  How do you think Elias and Quinn not being here will impact the team?  

Then you'll get the Drance special with the intro to bait a headline...  

"Elias and Quinn are not part of the training camp.  When you were looking for a new contract (insert number) years ago, did you find it important to be with the team in time for the training camp?"  

47 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Ah, thanks for that! Tickets for all 3 days secured!

For some reason I just assumed they would be sold “at the door” so to speak. Past training camps you just walked right in, no ticket necessary. But I don’t mind contributing to a good charity in this case. 

Hope to see EP and Huggy there.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

and Loui :sick:

I believe the Canucks have a good enough roster (and depth) without Pettersson and Hughes to be able to win a majority of their games.  They wouldn't be the best team, but with Miller, Boeser, Horvat, Garland, Hoglander and Podkolzin, they would play to win every night. But then adding Pettersson and Hughes, once they re-sign, the Canucks will be a team to be reckoned with. The D is so much better...

OEL

Hughes

Rathbone

Hamonic

Myers

Poolman

Schenn

Juolevi

Hunt

...and to think it wasn't long ago that they relied on Stecher, Biega and Pouliot to defend.

After saying goodbye to Loui, Roussel, Beagle, Edler and Virtanen, there are no longer any passengers.  I sense something special with this team. 

Love it.

Will be tough without 40 and 43. Almost no one loses their top center and dman and does well.

26 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hmmmm  I wonder what all the questions will be about during the media availability.  

How do you feel about Elias and Quinn not being here?  Do you wish that Elias and Quinn were here?  How do you think Elias and Quinn not being here will impact the team?  

"Elias and Quinn are not part of the training camp.  When you were looking for a new contract (insert number) years ago, did you find it important to be with the team in time for the training camp?"  

We ran out of time....

YES!  Can hardly hold the excitement in for this season.  Lots of story lines to follow as expectations have grown the past 3 seasons.  With the new additions, we HAVE to be in the playoff hunt.

Petey & Hughes contract, I'm going to guess get's done next week, as that is a similar timeline for how the Boeser and Horvat contracts went.  No worries there.

The roster is pretty much set with the only question really being who gets the 3rd pair LHD spot.  How it shakes down is yet to be seen.  I'd like to see the lines shaken up a bit to spread out the offence.  Maybe something like:

Miller - Petey - Podz

Garland - Horvat - Boeser

Hog - Dickinson - Pearson

Motte - Sutter - McEwen

I feel like Garland, Hogs and Pods are all interchangeable based on what Green would like for deployment.  Pods, Dickinson, Pearson sounds like the makings of a great shutdown line, with Sutter, Motte and McEwen following up.  That would be a tough bottom 6 to play against with both lines being defensively responsible.

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

OJ - Poolman

Schenn 

Hunt

Tough to say who pairs with OEL, defence is a question mark for our team and we're definitely going to sink or swim based on it.  I know a lot of people have Rathbone over OJ but i think they "manage assets" and still send him down (a la Stetcher his first year) to play top minutes in Abby.  This gives the team more defensive depth and he's literally down the highway for a call up.

Demko

Halak

Not much to say here.  Only question is will Demko be consistent and harness "bubble Demko" for a full season and playoff run.

Hockey is in the air, let's have one heck of a season.  Go Canucks Go! :towel:

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

no

I picture Joey Kenward

lobbing softies

Jim, you really went out an improved the team this summer, tell us how the OEL deal came about

Jim, we saw Dickinson on the media tour, he loooks like a leader 

Youu gave up a first for OEL + Garland , but pick a bonafide first rounder in DK you really scooped one there in the second round (fawning sounds)

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Could there be a player not many are considering to make the team? I've heard that Brad Hunt could be that guy, more of a veteran presence. 

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Hunt - Poolman

Schenn

Rathbone and Juolevi in Abbotsford?

Rathbone #6 will make the the team..

Juolevi #7

Bowey#8

Schenn #9

Hunt #10

Raathbone will turn heads...Too skilled to send down..a