The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

46 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

True dat. My bad, but hopefully this will shut him up

There is an ignore button for a reason. I find I've had to use it a few times already. I like reading everyone's different opinions but sick of the name calling and people endlessly belaboring their point. Like a certain poster yesterday just going on and on and on about Juolevi's bag skate. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Have there been any fights?  Camps used to have lots of ‘bopping’.  Can Jonah take Bag MAC?  That might be a good way for him to make the club.  

I remember that used to be the best part of training camp.  Training camp is so short now there is no time for fighting really.  And we only have 2 true tough guys in Gadjovich and MacEwen so I doubt they will fight each other.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We are on the same page my friend.  I want to see Gadjovich move up the lineup and become a true power forward.  He has all the tools necessary to do that, it was just his skating that was holding him back.  This is what I've love to see either this year or next year:

Gadjovich   Pettersson   Boeser

Podkolzin    Horvat         Klimovich 

Hoglander   Miller           Garland

Highmore    Dickinson    Lockwood

MacEwen

Pearson can be traded.  Klimovich is going to be a star, another 2nd round robbery by Benning.  Podzilla and Klimovich will be best buds...

It would be such a bonus to hit on Gadjovich and have him play in the top 6.  If he's an NHL regular that would be good enough for me.

I'm afraid that long term, the cap is going to limit the talent that the Canucks can keep

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It would be such a bonus to hit on Gadjovich and have him play in the top 6.  If he's an NHL regular that would be good enough for me.

I'm afraid that long term, the cap is going to limit the talent that the Canucks can keep

Yes that is why we need to get a guy like Gadjovich into the top 6 as well as Klimovich.  I have Miller as a 3C in that scenario, but realistically it would be tough to re-sign him to play 3C as he will get $6 million+ as a UFA so he may end up being our cap casualty in 2 years.  Not sure we would be able to re-sign Miller to a $6 million+ contract if he is playing on the 3rd line.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, spook007 said:

Please please be a pleasant surprise... been my favorite prospect, since he was drafted. Still need more Roughness and toughness on the backend, and Woo certainly has that...

If Hamonic is out then there could be an opening for Woo.  Hughes can play with Schenn and then Schenn and Woo can switch out.  Or if Rathbone makes the team you can have Rathbone and Woo playing together and Myers with Hughes.  Lots of options. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If Hamonic is out then there could be an opening for Woo.  Hughes can play with Schenn and then Schenn and Woo can switch out.  Or if Rathbone makes the team you can have Rathbone and Woo playing together and Myers with Hughes.  Lots of options. 

Yep...

Both Woo and Rathbone has time on their side... and playing well together in Abbotsfort will just make it even juicier once the make the team... I still have faith in them doing so eventually. JR could get the opportunity faster than anticipated... But like the progress made by Woo the last year or two. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

You left your give a f*** in my inbox lol. Why do YOU lie about this not givin a f*** statement and then sending me a private message? Trying to be tough mr. man?

Have some decency and spew your venom on the page for everyone to see how pathetic you are

u

because no one wants to see us fight.... and it's called fighting behind closed doors because guess what this is a public forum open to all ages and I know many people hate to see it