The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

You literally said seattle could sign petey and we cant match it. Lmao

Yes bert, I thought all unsigned rfa's including protected ones could be offersheeted.

have you ever been wrong on these boards? i didn't even get the chance for someone to explain how i was wrong before you started laughing at me.

you grumpy fartsack

• Haha 1

Can’t wait until we can talk about the negotiations rather than useless banter. Come on like  @CR7 said let’s stay in the game and the discussion at hand. Don’t use no name websites for your CBA info, read the CBA from the NHL. Quinn can’t be offer sheeted and anyone who thinks an offer sheet to Petey won’t be matched by the Canucks, well I’m sorry but that’s just not logical. Everyone play and post nicely. Otherwise Summer fun in the sun is the best option.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

Yes bert, I thought all unsigned rfa's including protected ones could be offersheeted.

have you ever been wrong on these boards? i didn't even get the chance for someone to explain how i was wrong before you started laughing at me.

you grumpy fartsack

Yes im usually never wrong dont be a hater

55 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

another person that gets off, in hurting others around them. is it hard fitting cocktail weiners in a regular sized bun?

You really need to up your game there, Boy.  Hurt your wittle feelings?  You sound like Marco Rubio who tried to play the "manhood" card only to be slapped down like the loser he is.  Hmmmmmmm...I'm seeing some similarities between you and Rubio.  Last time I checked, those who speak about it are the ones most lacking.  Do yourself a favor and grab a pair...and really, you need to improve your reading comprehension skills.  You're making a jackass out of yourself.

=====================================================

Back on topic:

I have no doubts that both Pettersson and Hughes will be signed.  IMO, the only relevant point of discussion is that it gets done before the start of training camp.  And there's plenty of cap space to get the deals done.

As been discussed in the media, Pettersson looks to be a bridge deal (Barzal-like contract: 3 years at $7.0M AAV, back loaded to secure a high Q-offer) and Hughes a little longer (4 to 5 years at $6.0M to $7.0M AAV).  They will both be protected so there is no risk of having them exposed/available for Seattle to negotiate/sign, other than a Qualifying Offer for Pettersson (this is fact), which may or may not happen (but not likely - this is an opinion).

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1