The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2021-22

Nail

Congrats to Ben McCartney on making his NHL debut! We traded Ben in a package to acquire Jack Hughes from SJ this past fall. McCartney was selected 78th Overall in the 3rd round of the 2021 Entry Draft by the NJ Devils. He is the first player I have drafted in FL to suit up for his first NHL game. Look forward to many more! Wish him nothing but the best in San Jose! He is a hard worker and a very dedicated athlete!

Coyotes Recall McCartney, Assign Prosvetov to Tucson

• Like 1

I did one of these for Puck so why not for FL as well. This will be a list of players not available out of NJ. I suppose in theory any player could become available in the right situation. But none will be moved for anything less than a roster upgrade. Our goal remains to be a very a young and hopefully a semi competitive team next season. Our biggest weakness in our system in our defence. We have several good defensive prospects but none with any real superstar potential. We are prepared to pay a hefty price to acquire a young budding defenseman but it has to make sense. 

new jersey devils wallpaper,logo,font,graphics,graphic design,illustration  (#218161) - WallpaperUse

NJ PROTECTED LIST - PROSPECTS

LW C RW
Mackie Samoskevich Jack Hughes Chaz Lucius
Ridly Greig Quinton Byfield Ozzy Wiesblatt
Tyler Boucher Arvid Costmar Simon Robertsson
Will Cuylle    

LD RD
Philip Broberg Daniil Chayka
  Artem Zub

G
Yaroslav Askarov
Joel Blomqvist
Artur Akhtyamov
Amir Miftakhov
Cameron Rowe

Goaltending is a position of strength. We could be convinced to move 1 or 2 goalies in the right deal. Perhaps if we could acquire a young defenseman? Barring any big trades we believe we could have upwards of 7 possible rookie make their debuts next season. That is probably generous but we will make room if they make it! We have a couple NCAA guys that may take a bit longer but that's ok :) We can wait. Anyone who isn't a youngster or on this list could be made available! (not recently signed guys - gm rep is important!)

Prospects not on this list who could be made available more easily include: Kaiden Guhle, Evan Nause, Samuel Helenius, Nolan Allan, Ryan Suzuki, Marshall Warren, Jonathan Aspirot, among others. We would need to get upgrades or fill organization needs to likely move these guys. I'm open to chat tho. :D

• Like 1

Going to go ahead and pop a claim on Brendan "benchwarmer" Smith as well seeing as I am higher on the priority list than New Jersey.

Will assign Peyton Krebs to AHL should the claim be successful.

I will note this is purely a revenge move for New Jersey claiming Jacob Larsson off of waivers from me, thanks.

Edited by Caboose
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Going to go ahead and pop a claim on Brendan "benchwarmer" Smith as well seeing as I am higher on the priority list than New Jersey.

Will assign Lane Pederson to AHL should the claim be successful.

I will note this is purely a revenge move for New Jersey claiming Jacob Larsson off of waivers from me, thanks.

I never actually got him. But thats okay Lol.

WAIVERS: NJ waives Mark Janowski to the Utica Comets.

ACTIVATION: NJ activates Oskar Sundqvist off of IR.

It appears Mark is not making the NHL squad anytime soon! We waited out hope but no dice. Oskar is back travelling with the Blues!  Finally some players on the mend!

Radio Station Close Call GIF by JMatt