The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 14 players - Oct. 09, 2021

5 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

So, trade a potential future +40 power play offensive D man for a 4th liner?

If your gonna say Bone is a future 40pt player you could say either of the Boston guys could become a solid 3C who is great on the PK and in the faceoff circle. Man do people overrate our own prospects. Rathbone has many things to like about his game, the BIG question is will it translate to the NHL full time and will he not be a liability in the D zone. If he becomes a 40pt D are you kicking OEL at over 7m or Hughes at 7.8m to the bottom pair in favour of Boner?

I am not advocating we move Bone, but it would allow him to play closer to his family and if we could net a return that we like it has to be considered. You can't tell me Rathbone is untouchable...but give him away for peanuts, hell not OBVIOUSLY. 

At the end of the day our GM is JB, so anything is possible!

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Size don’t matter if you can’t skate.

Dickinson will be the fourth line center. I’d rather flank him with some guys that can skate and get in on the forecheck.

Hope not... this means Miller would be 3C, and it doesn't seem to suit him or EP.

Back on to the top line with Miller....

9 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

If your gonna say Bone is a future 40pt player you could say either of the Boston guys could become a solid 3C who is great on the PK and in the faceoff circle. Man do people overrate our own prospects. Rathbone has many things to like about his game, the BIG question is will it translate to the NHL full time and will he not be a liability in the D zone. If he becomes a 40pt D are you kicking OEL at over 7m or Hughes at 7.8m to the bottom pair in favour of Boner?

I am not advocating we move Bone, but it would allow him to play closer to his family and if we could net a return that we like it has to be considered. You can't tell me Rathbone is untouchable...but give him away for peanuts, hell not OBVIOUSLY. 

At the end of the day our GM is JB, so anything is possible!

Better to let him dominate the AHL and then trade him when his value is sky high. As to the proposed trade and value, I'd say a 40 point dman would be worth a lot more than a solid 3rd line center.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

The only possible reason to be interested in Brown is that he's 6'6".  But if he doesn't kill penalties and/or can't skate very well, there's absolutely no chance Green would be interested.  A few posters have mentioned Gambrell.  Does he kill penalties and skate well?

Yes. Limited offense and not a face off ace by any means. But he played 3C with 58% D zone starts and over 2 minutes of PK per game for San Jose last year.

• Cheers 1

Rathbone really hasn't done much this preseason. Why is Green so hellbent on overplaying his 6th/7th D like he's an NHl vet? Over 18 mins last game, and 2 seconds less than OEL. It's a gross mismanagement of TOI for a rookie D that has issues in his end.

Whoever is making these decisions is biased.