The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Game Chants

Rate this topic

Petey Castiglione

As most of us have been pining about how quiet our arena is for what seems like forever, it got me thinking that part of the reason is we only have 1 "chant" to yell out at games and it gets stale pretty fast.

I love the "Go Canucks Go" chants and it would be fun if we could come up with more.  We have some pretty talented fans like Michelle Hui and Clay Imo who could help out and maybe co-ordinate with the Larschiders to implement them in game.

Viking clap was great for the Sedins retirement season but has since died out.  "LUUUUU" chants were so much fun when he was here.  Also, what happened to the "oleeeeeee, ole ole oleeeeee" after goals?  That was a fun part of my teenage years watching games during the WCE era, I would chant that at home all the time.  I know it's more or a soccer thing but it does pump up the crowd.  Besides, NFL has adopted our waving towel, I think we can adopt the "ole".   

A DJ who know's how to interact with the crowd helps too.  The one season we had J-Swing, he'd have the crowd singing the songs he'd play and even cut the song out in parts so the crowd could cheer/sing it in its place.  Ton's of fun and kept the energy going in the arena, especially during commercial breaks.

So Canucks fans, what do you think we should add to our chant repertoire?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

As most of us have been pining about how quiet our arena is for what seems like forever, it got me thinking that part of the reason is we only have 1 "chant" to yell out at games and it gets stale pretty fast.

I love the "Go Canucks Go" chants and it would be fun if we could come up with more.  We have some pretty talented fans like Michelle Hui and Clay Imo who could help out and maybe co-ordinate with the Larschiders to implement them in game.

Viking clap was great for the Sedins retirement season but has since died out.  "LUUUUU" chants were so much fun when he was here.  Also, what happened to the "oleeeeeee, ole ole oleeeeee" after goals?  That was a fun part of my teenage years watching games during the WCE era, I would chant that at home all the time.  I know it's more or a soccer thing but it does pump up the crowd.  Besides, NFL has adopted our waving towel, I think we can adopt the "ole".   

A DJ who know's how to interact with the crowd helps too.  The one season we had J-Swing, he'd have the crowd singing the songs he'd play and even cut the song out in parts so the crowd could cheer/sing it in its place.  Ton's of fun and kept the energy going in the arena, especially during commercial breaks.

So Canucks fans, what do you think we should add to our chant repertoire?

its all to manufactured

they have the announcement, "If someone is bothering you text to bla blablbalauj

and then come back with "MAKE SOME NOISE"

there are security stopping fun noise, because someones kid might not be able to sleep through the game

there is no spontaneity 

so it is contrived

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Exactly.  I'd like to get Boudreau before Florida does.

If we're changing coaches, I'd rather have Brad Shaw take over.  Not that interested in Bruce Boudreau.  

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If we're changing coaches, I'd rather have Brad Shaw take over.  Not that interested in Bruce Boudreau.  

you don't need tosay why you don't like boudreau, but whydo you think Shaw is the guy?

IMO he is good where he is, but maybe not better as head coach

what do you see that says Head coach?

1 minute ago, lmm said:

you don't need tosay why you don't like boudreau, but whydo you think Shaw is the guy?

IMO he is good where he is, but maybe not better as head coach

what do you see that says Head coach?

He's got more then a decade of experience in the league as an assistant coach.  He has already gotten to know the team a little bit over the last two months.  

Otherwise if we are bringing in a new coach, it would have to happen over the two-three week Olympic break.