The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

16 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm kind of tired of this stuff (and I used to love it).  But we used to see behind the scenes clips of the team laughing and doing stuff together.  Not this serious image is everything crap.

I'm glad that this at least shows him working out.  I don't like the slo-mo hair tosses and glam stuff.  This is hockey not GQ.  I know they have to present a certain way in suits, but enough of these clips already.

SM shows a lot of swagger but we're not earning that right now.  Head down, focus, go to work.

I'm so negative...I'm going to work out and get this out of my system.  I hate everything ("remember, life is what you make it").  grrrrrrrr

Hey Deb, quick reminder… you just paid off your mortgage. :)

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe that's why Green always has that grin after a bad call by the refs or after a loss.  He knows he still has a long leash. But I suspect that youthful grin will turn into a stressful glare with huge bags under his eyes the closer they get to being out.

I guess it could also depend on when Benning finally disagrees with Green's plan and wants to go in another direction, before he gets himself fired.

For Benning to fire Green would be admitting he was wrong and probably lead to him getting fired as well, Benning is going to stick with Green to the bitter end.

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

If he wasn't NHL "quality" then he wouldn't be coaching in the NHL.

That's like saying all the Canucks players should be playing in Abbotsford as their current play is not NHL "quality".

:towel:

He shouldn't be coaching in the NHL, and he never will again after he's finally fired.  He did earn the opportunity and proved himself to be grossly incompetent at this level.

• Like 1

I’m so torn tonight, if we win that’ll just add more rope to the leash, losing tonight seems to be the perfect conditions for a coaching change but I never have ever rooted against the Canucks, it just feels so dirty. 

I think I’ll get wasted before the game and let me emotions take me where they seem fit.

Edited by Houdini
  • Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Burroughs, Bailey, Rathbone and Lammikko still need to get their 1st point of the season. Dickinson and Poolman with only 1 point each?  Canucks need more from all of them.

Not really so concerned about their offensive production.... although it would be nice if Dickinson could put a few of the opportunities away...

More interested in them keeping the puck out of the net, especially on the PK, that would go a long way in turning our season around...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Green gonna get fired if they lose this one. 

I mean if they’re approaching the decision based on a win or a loss tonight then we’re in trouble.

They’ve had over 4 years to evaluate this coach and see if he is showing signs of improving his team.

Win or lose tonight I would hope they are at the very least starting discussions about changing direction. Thinking things are magically just going to improve without action is naive.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Houdini said:

I’m so torn tonight, if we win that’ll just add more rope to the leash, losing tonight seems to be the perfect conditions for a coaching change but I never have ever rooted against the Canucks, it just feels so dirty. 

I think I’ll get wasted before the game and let me emotions take me where they seem fit.

I like your style Houdini 

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Haven’t been this excited to see a bottom 6 forward back since Manny Malhotra 

He’s a player that this team has desperately needed so far. His energy and grit is contagious.

I just hope it’s not too late and the damage isn’t done. A win would go along ways to helping forget about the last two games.

Edited by DeNiro

24 minutes ago, Houdini said:

And that's ultimately the good thing for us fans ..... it's out of our hands entirely. We just get to sit back and observe ... no real stake in the proceedings. 

• Cheers 1