The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Wanting a coach that can get us to the cup is something every fanbase wants, but we have to walk again before we can run. We're a fringe playoff team at best this season by the looks of it, we have to be more.

At this point winning the cup shouldn't be the aim, we need to get to the playoffs first. Can't do one without the other, and it's been a long time since we were a shoe in for the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

That's what scares me the most.

The season is teetering on the verge of a meltdown and GMJB and Travis Green seem to act like they are making progress and Aquilini better not be drinking their kool-aid.

Greens probably gone within 48 hours i think. 

If not in the next 2 days, after the Avs game on the 17th. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

We actually do know that. This team isn't built the way Carlyle would want his team to be built and play.

Small, slow, soft, bad defensively and TERRIBLE penalty killing isn't going to win any playoff series no matter who you're playing. 

I get it; and a new coach will certainly, used a handful of his first games to assess the team and perhaps use the offseason to make the necessary changes ie: Calgary.  Also, when they hire a coach will reveal there intentions for the current/upcoming season.  

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wanting a coach that can get us to the cup is something every fanbase wants, but we have to walk again before we can run. We're a fringe playoff team at best this season by the looks of it, we have to be more.

At this point winning the cup shouldn't be the aim, we need to get to the playoffs first. Can't do one without the other, and it's been a long time since we were a shoe in for the playoffs.

I'd even be happy with a team capable of showing up for every game ready to compete. At least having a chance to win and being entertaining.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Greens probably gone within 48 hours i think. 

If not in the next 2 days, after the Avs game on the 17th. 

I bought front row tickets to the AVs game, hoping to see Greens last game or a new coaches first game but more than likely I’ll only see $15. beer.

7 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I'd even be happy with a team capable of showing up for every game ready to compete. At least having a chance to win and being entertaining.

A far cry from what we've seen in recent years. Even the bubble year we just barely snuck in. 

I'm worried about a cup, though I'd like one, I'm just tired of seeing us get lit up and stumble. At least compete, be in the mix.

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Take away Benning's lottery picks and his record is still far superior than that of the idiot he replaced.

at least he gave the team the right support pieces and turned it into a contender for quite a few years even though we have pretty much nothing in the farm. 

the current version doesn't have the right support pieces to become even a playoff team and the farm system is just as bare.

5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, the office/corporate culture tends to reflect the guy at the top.   Didnt realized it until the corporation I am working for had changed there top dog.   

The culture should always be reflected by the person at the helm...

He/She outlines the direction, which the organisation should take to obtain its targets. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

A far cry from what we've seen in recent years. Even the bubble year we just barely snuck in. 

I'm worried about a cup, though I'd like one, I'm just tired of seeing us get lit up and stumble. At least compete, be in the mix.

When I was young I used to go to parties and while all the guys were grouping together being manly I hung out where the girls were and always got lucky and to the guys I was such a Casanova, I never let them in on my secret because it was so simple but it was to just be in the mix.

• Haha 2

THE CANUCKS ARE A SOFT TEAM..IF THIS SEASO WILL BE LIKE THIS PLEASE AQUIRE TWO REALLY TOUGH PLAYERS THAT CAN AT LEAST DRIVE THE NET FROP THE GLOVES AND CHASE PLAYERS WHO TAKE CHEAP SHOTS ON CASNUCK PLSAYERS..ID BE HAPPY WITH THAT..IF WE GO DOWN GO DOWN SWINGING AND SEND MESSAGE TO OTHER TEAMS TO GET OUT OF THE WAY CAUSE THE CANUCKS NEED WINS AND STAY CLEAR...

Just now, hockeygod77 said:

THE CANUCKS ARE A SOFT TEAM..IF THIS SEASON WILL BE LIKE THIS PLEASE AQUIRE TWO REALLY TOUGH PLAYERS THAT CAN AT LEAST DRIVE THE NET DROP THE GLOVES AND CHASE PLAYERS WHO TAKE CHEAP SHOTS ON CANUCK PLAYERS..ID BE HAPPY WITH THAT..IF WE GO DOWN GO DOWN SWINGING AND SEND MESSAGE TO OTHER TEAMS TO GET OUT OF THE WAY CAUSE THE CANUCKS NEED WINS AND STAY CLEAR...ALSO BE GOOD TO GET A PEST THAT WILL MOUTH OFF OPPOSITION AND JUST IN YOUR FACE HOCKEY EVERY SHIFT..THATS ALL ID WANT TO SEE WIN OR LOSE UNTIL THEY FIGURE OUT A CONTENDING ROSTER.

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah. I think for me, just thinking about becoming a cup contender is so depressing. 

I just want the boys to put up more of a fight. To play better than they have been. That's all I'm asking, instead of seeing our team being routed night after night. Eventually losing like this does take a toll. I mean, look at Edmonton. They've lost for so many years, and so many of their players that could have thrived, that should've thrived, didn't. Eventually, they were so bad they landed a &^@#ing generational player in McDavid, and then Draistl. 

I don't know what the problem is with this team. It makes me sad just talking about them, sadder yet watching them. I used to get excited about game days, engaging here on these boards predicting the score, talking about the game, but now it's just so sad. I skip the games, because I know they can't kill a penalty. The body language on the players. Something just isn't right. Benning and his 8 year tenure, Aquilini's and their cheap approach to staffing the organization. Green and in his inability to adapt to his team's personnel. 

I don't even want to know what Wednesday holds for the boys. I don't want them to get booed, but if they get routed again by the same team that routed them a week ago, I think the boo birds will come out and rightfully so. They're underperforming, and we pay good money to attend these games, buy the food, purchase the merchandise during a &^@#ing pandemic that has cost so many people financial pain. It's not easy making money and a living in the best of times. This isn't the best of times. It's a privilege if we're able to attend the games, buy the foods and drinks, purchase the merchandise. And this team sucks. 

It's frustrating to have waited 8 years and the team now, doesn't look like they've been constructed correctly. 

Media needs to get in there and find out what the &^@# is happening with the locker room

Because nothing explains why Pettersson has been so poor. 16 games into the season now, and he still does not look anything close to his previous form of old. 

Maybe he needs to focus more on hockey and training and becoming the best player he can be, and focus less on "building his brand" 

Reeks of some maturity issues there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Well maybe because he isn't distracted the same way as in Vancouver. 
Maybe Jake needed this to happen to finally wake up. 

I mean he couldn't be worse than any of the players that we have right now. 

25 minutes ago, Houdini said:

That’s my wife’s strategy, put out just enough to keep me interested.

I dunno man. The team's on a 4 game losing streak. It doesn't feel like they can win another game right now. 

Are they able to fix the PK before Wednesday? Cause if not, we're probably looking at another 5 or more goals by Colorado