Ercicksson Ek

Jordan Greenway

2022 2nd

To NYI

Petersson

To VAN

Dobson

Aatu Raty

Not sure Minnesota even wants Boeser for hockey reasons. They don't care tha the's from Minny. They want a good hockey player, and he is not that right now. With the way that Brock's been playing, Ek and Greenway are far better players. Why would they do this deal? They'd want to give far less back to Vancouver than the current package. 

That NY-VAN proposal deal is horrific. Benning does that, he deserves to be fired. 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

It isn't loosing those players. It's how they felt they were treated by management. That kind of thing doens't just stay with one player. Word spreads. 

Thanks I get that. 

Still the boys have to play for what's on there jersey and the fans that have/can come back. 

Fight it out after a successful season. 

But there is alot to say about how productive an "employee" is with a crappy boss. 

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

get nothing out of it.

Yep. And this is unforgivable really. You have an asset that's going to UFA, and you don't get anything - like zero - assets for them. 

Why is this inability excusable from the owner? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Thanks I get that. 

Still the boys have to play for what's on there jersey and the fans that have/can come back. 

Fight it out after a successful season. 

But there is alot to say about how productive an "employee" is with a crappy boss. 

Yeah. I'm not saying the players have a way out. 

They have a responsibility to play - they are being paid top dollar to perform, and they haven't done that either. But much like a puzzle. The pieces are all wrong. They don't fit. The pieces being management, coaching staff, and certain players. I think a change could do wonders for the players and their psyche, but we all know that ownership won't do that. 

They like to play GM, and Benning is more than happy to play puppet and take public beatings. 

There's not a lot of trust internally it feels, but also publicly. The brand of the Canucks is deteriorating. Who's to blame for that? 

I'm looking at you, Francesco. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

I was really pulling for Benning in the first 5 years.  He’s a good honourable man, I even remember him playing for the Canucks.

this is Year 8 . there are no more excuses.  We really only have 2 top 4 dmen.  None are really in the pipe unless Woo pans out.  

Hes been decent at the draft table but when you draft in the top quarter of each round for multiple years you are gonna find good players.

Where are the players from later rounds that the org has developed?  I’m not talking about guys that hit the ground running like Ep, Boeser, Hughes … where are the guys developed in the ahl that have succeeded

look at Calgary.. Mangiapane, Andersson and Kylington drafted and developed in their system and are playing big roles.  None  if which were high draft picks.  And that’s just Calgary.. every good team has players they have developed.  In this context is Bennings drafting really that great?

or how do you let previous core players, guys the org has stuck by for years and are true difference makers walk to UFA and you get nothing out of it.  Marky, Edler, Tanev.. all gone for nothing. Yeah the team wanted to take a run at the playoffs with those guys but was it the right time of this cores lifecycle … obviously not 

The problems all start at the top. 

Forsling is one.  5th round draft pick!  Problem is, he was dealt for utter garbage (a guy who could barely skate at the AHL level).  Forsling currently plays in the top 4 of a playoff NHL team (11 points in 18 games so far this season).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They were both UFA's and ended up signing big contracts for Calgary to set them up the rest of their life.  I wouldn't call that being treated badly.  We chose Demko over Markstrom.  There was nothing wrong with that decision.  Tanev was injury prone so we decided to replace him with Schmidt.  Schmidt is actually a top end Dman, he just wasn't able to show that under Green, which is the same as many other players.

I understand that they were UFA's and signed the best deal they could. That's not what I'm upset about. 

I think it's more that Benning has lacked communication with those players (minus Markström). 

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

I was really pulling for Benning in the first 5 years.  He’s a good honourable man, I even remember him playing for the Canucks.

this is Year 8 . there are no more excuses.  We really only have 2 top 4 dmen.  None are really in the pipe unless Woo pans out.  

Hes been decent at the draft table but when you draft in the top quarter of each round for multiple years you are gonna find good players.

Where are the players from later rounds that the org has developed?  I’m not talking about guys that hit the ground running like Ep, Boeser, Hughes … where are the guys developed in the ahl that have succeeded

look at Calgary.. Mangiapane, Andersson and Kylington drafted and developed in their system and are playing big roles.  None  if which were high draft picks.  And that’s just Calgary.. every good team has players they have developed.  In this context is Bennings drafting really that great?

or how do you let previous core players, guys the org has stuck by for years and are true difference makers walk to UFA and you get nothing out of it.  Marky, Edler, Tanev.. all gone for nothing. Yeah the team wanted to take a run at the playoffs with those guys but was it the right time of this cores lifecycle … obviously not 

The problems all start at the top. 

Exactly what I am thinking.

Every serious contending team has to develop D-men who are drafted after the 1st round because most 1st round picks are on Forwards...  You can see these D men all over the league... guys like Samual Gerard for Colorado, Brandon Carlo for Boston, Erik Cernak for Tampa Bay, Neal Pionk for Winnipeg, etc. etc. etc.

Where are the Canuck D who are lower picks or free agents and who have been developed???  Last two I saw were Chris Tanev and Troy Stecher, the first was developed under AV, the second was borderline.

• Cheers 2

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Been saying this all along.  Boeser has a quick release which can work well on the pp, but aside from that he isnt a skill player.  Youll never see him handle and skate the puck the way you see Podz,  hogz, or even garland do, and if he tries, he loses is.  His skating is below average and gets worse each year.  No one gets given more prime scoring opportunity than him, and for what he gets handed, he shows little.  Hes a soft, one dimensional player and you cant have these types tying up your cap if you want to contend.

agree, when bowser is not sniping he is not doing anything guys like Miller, bo, hogz, podz, garland are wayyyyy more versatile, I would trade bowser, target Noah Dobson in NYI

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

agree, when bowser is not sniping he is not doing anything guys like Miller, bo, hogz, podz, garland are wayyyyy more versatile, I would trade bowser, target Noah Dobson in NYI

If you only have one hockey skill, that's the one to have.  Luc Robitaille is in the hall of fame because of that.  Seems like we lost tonight because we couldn't score any goals.

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Forsling is one.  5th round draft pick!  Problem is, he was dealt for utter garbage (a guy who could barely skate at the AHL level).  Forsling currently plays in the top 4 of a playoff NHL team (11 points in 18 games so far this season).

Exactly the point.... Forsling was not developed by the Canucks... they never recognized his talent.

Same with Tryamkin.... they never gave him a chance... he would be easily be in the 2nd pairing on this team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Exactly the point.... Forsling was not developed by the Canucks... they never recognized his talent.

Same with Tryamkin.... they never gave him a chance... he would be easily be in the 2nd pairing on this team.

A+ for drafting.

Incomplete letter grade for development (they weren't given a chance).

It's weird this disconnect.  I don't know what the answer is to solve it.

edit:  hopefully Woo breaks that trend.  He *is* seemingly developing well in Abby.

4 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

haha. Islanders aren't stupid. If you're seeing this about Brock, chances are they know it just as well. 

It'll have to be Boeser +. 

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If you only have one hockey skill, that's the one to have.  Luc Robitaille is in the hall of fame because of that.  Seems like we lost tonight because we couldn't score any goals.

Couldn't defend either. Cause we let in that one goal that happened to be the GWG. 

We need a new flippin coach.

These kids (Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes) have been spoonfed opportunity after opportunity, and as a result have lost what made them successful to begin with (drive & determination mixed with skill).

Green still hasn't figured out who the hardest working players on the team are (Garland, Hogs, Podz).. And until they start getting rewarded - those mentioned above will continue p*ssing wins away.

That is 100% on coaching.

The kids need to find new ways to be successful.. and until they ride pine they will continue to play the same way. There actions need to have consequences.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

That would work considering our forward depth. 

Unfortunately most teams have forward depth. 

You will never trade a good forward straight up for a good defenceman. 

A good defenceman in today's NHL is gold. Hence Darnell Nurse who is meh, getting around 10mil. 

We'd have to go Brock ++ for Dobson. 

Good times to be an above average dman!!