The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, Solinar said:

If NYR offers up Lafreniere, Schneider and a first, you run with it.  Lafreniere is going to be a force at some point, and Schneider is too.  The first, will probably end up being a player of some import, but will be a few years off.  The two players here, more than make up for the value of losing Miller, and the fact that NYR could even remotely lose 2 players of that calibre, and a first, for Miller, should be a point of contention with how you rebuild, as to how Benning did it. 

Much rather have Chytil and Schneider,  

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No it's you and your opinion that Makar is overpaid.  

The fact is the gap is over $1M or 16%.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

No... Some of that $1.15m is because Makar has more production, scores more goals vs assists and wasn't a 10.2c RFA.

You're going off on what amounts to an approximately $300-$500k difference when you account for those things, and acting like you've made a point.

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Exactly.  It's your opinion that the gap is only $300 - 500k.  The ACTUAL difference is $1.1M.  It's just simple math man.

This from the guy who commented that all players aren't the same :lol:

Does Makar have more PPG?

Are more of those extra points goals vs assists?

Are players paid more who score more goals vs assists?

Was Makar a 10.2c RFA with the lesser leverage?

AKA: Should Makar be making more money?

Just now, aGENT said:

This from the guy who commented that all players aren't the same :lol:

Does Makar have more PPG?

Are more of those extra points goals vs assists?

Are players paid more who score more goals vs assists?

Was Makar a 10.2c RFA with the lesser leverage?

AKA: Should Makar be making more money?

We were talking comparables.  Makar as a comparable to Hughes.  Yes Hughes should make less, but not $1.1m less. That was the whole point of this discussion.

Most people thought Hughes would be in the 8.25 to 8.5 range after seeing Makar come in at $9m. When he came in UNDER $8m it shocked a lot of people.  

That's what I'm saying about Miller.  Wait. And. See.  Stop making your opinions sound like fact.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

We were talking comparables.  Makar as a comparable to Hughes.  Yes Hughes should make less, but not $1.1m less. That was the whole point of this discussion.

Most people thought Hughes would be in the 8.25 to 8.5 range after seeing Makar come in at $9m. When he came in UNDER $8m it shocked a lot of people.  

That's what I'm saying about Miller.  Wait. And. See.  Stop making your opinions sound like fact.

Hughes had no arb rights. He couldn’t be offer sheeted. His only choice was to either sign with the Canucks or wait out the year.

Miller is a UFA. He can sign with any of the 32 teams in the NHL. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Miller will be with VAN next season, and for (5-6) more seasons after.  I think they'll re-sign him in the off season, so it's not a distraction all season. 

But I don't see these players on the team to start the 22/23 season:

Boeser, Garland, Pearson, Dickinson, Chiasson, Hamonic, Hunt and Halak 

21 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I can’t wait till this summer when Miller signs his extension and I say I told you so to all the negative Nellys here. 

We'll see

I hope you're prepared to see things work out the other way though, your dream is far from guaranteed 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Also, folks wanting something different than you doesn't make them "negative nellys"

Jesus :rolleyes:

I just can't stand the people that claim their opinions as fact.  

He won't ever re-sign here!

He WILL be an $8.5m to $9m cap hit!

He will decline in production in his 30s!

I had no idea so many people can see the future on CDC.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hughes had no arb rights. He couldn’t be offer sheeted. His only choice was to either sign with the Canucks or wait out the year.

Miller is a UFA. He can sign with any of the 32 teams in the NHL. 

Miller can also sign an 8 year deal with Vancouver vs only a 7 year deal with the other 31 teams.

8m x 8 = 64m with Vancouver 

9m x 7 = 63m with 31 other teams

The point is, WAIT AND SEE.  Geez...

Edited by HKSR

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We all have our opinions, and we can argue round and round as we have using whichever facts, logic, and details we've got available. 

Some folks will argue opinion as fact, but it's not just people who think Miller goes who have done so. 

If you want a proper debate you're unlikely to get it in a forum context. 

Also, the seeing the future bit goes both ways, as demonstrated by the post I quoted. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

We all have our opinions, and we can argue round and round as we have using whichever facts, logic, and details we've got available. 

Some folks will argue opinion as fact, but it's not just people who think Miller goes who have done so. 

If you want a proper debate you're unlikely to get it in a forum context. 

Also, the seeing the future bit goes both ways, as demonstrated by the post I quoted. :rolleyes:

I'm of the mindset of WAIT AND SEE... so no, I don't proclaim to know the future.  I just think there's a very good chance Miller re-signs.  Some people have concluded he's on his way back to the USA... 100%.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm of the mindset of WAIT AND SEE... so no, I don't proclaim to know the future.  I just think there's a very good chance Miller re-signs.  Some people have concluded he's on his way back to the USA... 100%.

And that's fine, I've no issue with that. You think one way, some folks think another. 

I'm not guaranteeing he doesn't sign here, but I will argue that I think it's unlikely because I do think it's unlikely. 

Bottom line is none of us really know what's going on behind closed doors, we've just got our opinions, views, and ideas of how to build this team. 

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

42 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I can’t wait till this summer when Miller signs his extension and I say I told you so to all the negative Nellys here. 

Really? I'm surprised you two get along. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 2