The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller is one of the best players in the league the last couple years.  Big, strong, mean, skilled, ppg, center or wing, PP, PK, great on and off pucks, and a leader.  Maybe we should keep him?

Keep him until he walks next summer? No thanks.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Actually, icing a well-balance roster wins you Cups. Tampa didn’t always rely on Kucherov, Stamkos, or Hedman every single game during the playoffs. When guys like Cirelli, Gourde, Killorn, and Palat, stepped up on a different night. 

If we’re able to get 2-3 solid young pieces for Miller. I think the majority of GMs would make that deal. Given where they are at in their team’s phase.

Agreed.

We're who we are with Miller.  But we still need a 3rd line C top pairing RHD, solid LW prospect/player and then depth to make it all work.

If we can trade any one piece and obtain 2+ of those missing pieces and depth/options, any GM is looking at that to make a more complete team 

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Keep him until he walks next summer? No thanks.

We have him until July 2023.  We should extend him.  There are no 20 something players out there with upside to be as good as him, except Pods.  And we already have him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Garbage

The graphic that person posted speaks for itself.  We saw what Halak has done his last 3 games 

We're a good team with Miller.  But we're not deep, we're not great and we're not contenders.

Shut down Miller and or Demko and this team is drafting top 5 again.

People have a genuine feat if Miller's next contract, and they should.  Myself, my big fear is that we'll see a continuation of Canucks asset management in which Miller leaves at the end of his contract and we get nothing for it.

Tavares screwed the islanders by promising to talk contract then left the first day of free agency.  Obviously that's not worked out well for the Leafs and the Isles have had some playoff success after him.

But my fear is losing assets for nothing, or not being able to fill those glaring holes in the organization that we all recognize.

Even if Miller signs a huge contract, at least we can work around it.  But that unknown is genuinely something to worry about.

We can not afford $9.5 million on a 30 year old player any more than we can afford to let Miller walk for no return.

It's a serious rock v hard place situation

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The graphic that person posted speaks for itself.  We saw what Halak has done his last 3 games 

We're a good team with Miller.  But we're not deep, we're not great and we're not contenders.

Shut down Miller and or Demko and this team is drafting top 5 again.

People have a genuine feat if Miller's next contract, and they should.  Myself, my big fear is that we'll see a continuation of Canucks asset management in which Miller leaves at the end of his contract and we get nothing for it.

Tavares screwed the islanders by promising to talk contract then left the first day of free agency.  Obviously that's not worked out well for the Leafs and the Isles have had some playoff success after him.

But my fear is losing assets for nothing, or not being able to fill those glaring holes in the organization that we all recognize.

Even if Miller signs a huge contract, at least we can work around it.  But that unknown is genuinely something to worry about.

We can not afford $9.5 million on a 30 year old player any more than we can afford to let Miller walk for no return.

It's a serious rock v hard place situation

What team will pay Miller 9.5 x 7 years?  That's close to 70 million.  I say we can sign him for 8 x 8.  

23 minutes ago, coryberg said:

There is a bunch of 20 year olds that I would trade miller for... unfortunately those teams wouldn't trade them for Miller. I was replying to defcon who was making 20 year old Ovechkin,Stamkos, Kucherov or Chara sound like a bad thing.

Who are you getting for Miller that is a 20 year old Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kucherov, or Chara??

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, coryberg said:

There is a bunch of 20 year olds that I would trade miller for... unfortunately those teams wouldn't trade them for Miller. I was replying to defcon who was making 20 year old Ovechkin,Stamkos, Kucherov or Chara sound like a bad thing.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Who are you getting for Miller that is a 20 year old Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kucherov, or Chara??

Come on HKSR... I know you can read. Stop trolling

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's the biggest issue with trading Miller.  It's a huge gamble that one of the young guys coming back will grow to be as good as Miller is now.  Huge risk.  Miller is one of the best in the league.  The names being floated in rumours don't make it.  

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

Come on HKSR... I know you can read. Stop trolling

Lafreniere is a huge gamble.  Kakko is looking like a bust.  There just isn't a young guy who is going to become Miller.  We are way better off keeping Miller.  8x8 will get him locked up. 

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Learn English. Next is the one coming next….

shooting star GIF

We are in the year 2022... eg. This summer I'm taking a trip to tofino. Next summer the one I'll probably plan a trip to Hawaii.Millie Bobby Brown Reaction GIF by Converse

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1