The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

10 minutes ago, Kovalchuk said:

We've had a slew of veterans on this team every season under the Benning regime, overpaying for most of it, now the leadership may have helped but we lack talent because of young assets given up and money spent in FA and refusal to move vets out at deadlines etc 

I did say we were rebuilding then,. 
most vets were clause locked to us.

18 minutes ago, Me_ said:

You watching the Canucks?

DEMKO

HUGHES

BOESER

MILLER

PETTERSSON

PODKOLZIN

HÖGLANDER

GARLAND

OEL

ALL. Benning.

Never mind that Miller's now worth far more than the futures paid to acquire him if/when we do trade him.

27 minutes ago, Me_ said:

You watching the Canucks?

DEMKO

HUGHES

BOESER

MILLER

PETTERSSON

PODKOLZIN

HÖGLANDER

GARLAND

OEL

ALL. Benning.

Yeah I'm watching and we're out of the playoffs again.  This is just a list of players Benning acquired and who didn't get us to the playoffs

Edited by Kovalchuk

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Never mind that Miller's now worth far more than the futures paid to acquire him if/when we do trade him.

Maybe Lafrenière, Schneider, 1st ‘22

But even that’s a humongous gamble and it puts the Canucks back on their heels for the next two-three years.

• Like 1

Just now, Me_ said:

But even that’s a humongous gamble and it puts the Canucks back on their heels for the next two-three years.

I do that deal all day long.

That gives us a couple potential young stars and a 1st that we can flip for another D man.

JR would be crazy not to take that deal.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That gives us a couple potential young stars and a 1st that we can flip for another D man.

that deal might not even work in NHL 22...no chance we get that kind of return, if we do Allvin GM of the year!

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I still can't see them cutting bait on Laffy or Kakko quite yet

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I still can't see them cutting bait on Laffy or Kakko quite yet

Me neither but if they did what a first trade for JR and PA!

That would be a move that could really take us to the next level.

We need more young superstars after Bennings misses and traded 1sts.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Me neither but if they did what a first trade for JR and PA!

That would be a move that could really take us to the next level.

We need more young superstars after Bennings misses and traded 1sts.

Miller and rathbone, maybe?

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

that deal might not even work in NHL 22...no chance we get that kind of return, if we do Allvin GM of the year!

No and I don’t expect that.

But if it was on the table you take it and run.

Even if only one of the two pan out that’s a 20 year old superstar that sets you up for the next 15 years.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Miller and rathbone, maybe?

I’d be hesitant to include Rathbone just because I think he could be as good as Schneider.

However if he’s the sticking point in getting Lafreniere I do it.

We all know we’re never gonna draft 1st overall. This would be our chance to get that player at 20 if they’re crazy enough to give up on him this early.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’d be hesitant to include Rathbone just because I think he could be as good as Schneider.

We all know we’re never gonna draft 1st overall. This would be our chance to get that player at 20 if they’re crazy enough to give up on him this early.

I like Rathbone, but he's a bit redundant with Hughes there.  OEL on the left side kind of keeps Rathbone boxed in a bit, and if it meant Laffy or even Kakko, it's a no brainer for me.  They could sign a solid 3rd pairing lhd and have Burroughs as the spare.

6 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Folks need to take a step back. There are still a few more games to go before trade decisions need to be explored.

Have faith and give them their chance. I’m sure they are well aware of the fall out should they fail. 

My prediction is we get on a 10 game win streak. 

23A22CB9-A2F4-4FF0-94D3-EA04C2A61262.jpeg

Canucks aren’t making the Playoffs.

Time to get real.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If it involves something regarding Laf. I’m all for it. We have to think long term as well. Do we want both Hughes and Rathbone back there come playoff time?

52 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

.. and Drury would be NUTZ to do it.

Especially in a Covid Related season where the offset of losing players / man days to protocols has affected so much.

Could be the shortest term a GM has had in the league.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

If that was actually the return, I really don't think we'd me much back on anything.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

On the other hand New York is in a real position to go on a run.

Their window is right now. How often do you have Vezina and Norris potential players at the same time.

The Rangers have never been shy to go all in either. If Miller is the piece that allows them to get past Florida, Tampa, and Carolina they gotta go for it.

Even if they trade Lafreniere they still have Kappo or vice versa. Same thing with Schneider and Lundqvist.

They have an embarrassment of riches even trading two of those pieces. Plus they get at least two runs with Miller in his prime.

Perhaps the perfect run to fold those beauty prospects into the mix..  and start a Dynasty themselves.

If I was Drury,  who just inherited this wealth,. I’d stand ,  roll these kids in and create a world of excitement.

Knowing the best is yet to come.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

The only thing in that proposal that's realistic is the 1st round pick. I don't see them moving on from Schneider or lafrenière. There is just too much potential to give up. I'm thinking more like lundqist, 1st and maybe Chytil for Miller and Motte. Schneider makes lundqvist expendable and they would be replacing Chytil with Motte.  Maybe a bigger deal that involves Garland would get you laf but I don't know how the salary would work.

Edited by JC2