The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not following you here, but signing a 30 year old player to a massive cap hit over a massive ter is a terrible, terrible idea

Yeah I’m worried about that too.

if it bombs out, not only do we have JTM on the books for term and cap, but what will also likely be a declining OEL alongside. That’s major risk.

what I was getting at is that there could be a situation where the trade offers for JTM aren’t that great or don’t address our needs. We’ve seen it happen before where the market just falls out for a certain player for a variety of reasons.

can always parlay what JTM would fetch us into other trades to address needs, but imho, mgmt have to hit a home run in any deal moving him out. and home runs in hockey trades are very few and far between, let alone take a long time to come to fruition to fairly assess.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If Demko plays good we can beat anyone, especially in a playoff series where 5 on 5 play is often the decider.

Only if the D is really good and can take an injury or two. We can't handle injuries to our quality and make a run in the playoffs. 

Fine under the boring 82 long road to the gates but not when the game gets serious. 

1 hour ago, Nurnge said:

This is Millers team right now . Love to watch him play has really cleaned up his play in the Canucks zone this year , Nobody seems to talk about that part of his game because his offence has been so dam good . Wish they can resign him even knowing that a 6.7 or 8 year will probably have to be bought out or traded with extra chip ins near the end . But if he just wants to go back to the states to play than the Canucks are better to find out soon and do the best they can .

For me any deal has to evolve a top end RD and a A prospect  . everything else would have to be an add on , Still rather resign him  

Miller has taken advantage of Peteys injuries and also taken advantage of Hughes in a way Petay hasn't been able to since Miller stands in the way.

Let Petey get the role Miller plays and Petey will crush Millers numbers. So damn good is Petey soon. 

Petey is slowly crawling back into 1st position.

You will probably see the transition next season if Petey doens't get any strange injuries before. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Miller has taken advantage of Peteys injuries and also taken advantage of Hughes in a way Petay hasn't been able to since Miller stands in the way.

Let Petey get the role Miller plays and Petey will crush Millers numbers. So damn good is Petey soon. 

Petey is slowly crawling back into 1st position.

You will probably see the transition next season if Petey doens't get any strange injuries before. 

Huh? Two totally different personalities, style of play, and approach. If anything they compliment each other abd provide a balance. I don’t think anyone is arguing point totals, and point totals certainly don’t define the leader or heart and soul of a team, I don’t think anyway.

If they did, people would be talking about trading Horvat :bigblush: :bigblush:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Bo is not a 3C (I assume you meant C)

He's a mediocre 1RD, is expiring in 2 more years and will be 34. Who's playing there in our contention window?

Sure. Schenn expires next year. What's your plan then?

I'm skeptical "Bone" is a fit at 3LD behind Hughes and OEL. Where is he getting the offensive usage and PP minutes behind those guys to be successful and suit his skill set? Who's killing penalties?

They've been playing well no doubt. And we have some good players. Not in question. That doesn't make this a contention roster though.

If they'd made that offer, the trade is already done IMO.

Excellent post.  See ya later Miller!  Yankee go home.  :gocan:

8 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Not many players take a discount.

signing Miller to 8 years is the discount. It's a lower cap hit for the club so we can build better depth.  He gets 8 with us.  Sure on the open market he gets 9, but that's only for seven years.  So he actually earns more with us over the contract's term.  The extra year is what he's giving us for the extra million.  He could sign seven elsewhere and then a one year deal and make more.  So he's helping us and still getting paid.  Win win.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

When did you start drinking today or are you just carrying over from (and through) last night? Haha 

Wind changed direction.  :lol:

So many smart posters here.  Alf gets confused. :frantic:

And I figured the drinking question is rhetorical.  :towel:

• Cheers 1

Interestingly enough, Friedman reporting that the Rags are enquiring about Patrick Kane. Potentially as an offseason move. 

could be bait and switch. Who knows.

This is what I’m worried about when it comes to JTM’s value on the trade market and how easily dynamics can shift, especially when one team seems to have the assets we desire over most of the others 

13 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Huh? Two totally different personalities, style of play, and approach. If anything they compliment each other abd provide a balance. I don’t think anyone is arguing point totals, and point totals certainly don’t define the leader or heart and soul of a team, I don’t think anyway.

If they did, people would be talking about trading Horvat :bigblush: :bigblush:

Yeh yeh, two different personalities and only one wants a big fat paycheck so he can retire. 

Petey wants to win in a way Miller hasn't been close too. 

Think about it. If you can steer the play so it fits you better than anyone else, how do you dou it? Especially if you are the one with a lot of experieance. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Yeh yeh, two different personalities and only one wants a big fat paycheck so he can retire. 

Petey wants to win in a way Miller hasn't been close too. 

Think about it. If you can steer the play so it fits you better than anyone else, how do you dou it? Especially if you are the one with a lot of experieance. 

Dude why is it always a conspiracy with you? You towed the same line with Benning and Dahlen, Benning and Markstrom…

Is North America, or Vancouver at least, really “racist” or “opportunist” against Swedes in your mind? If you think so, maybe take a look at who have been key pieces of our rosters over the years. 

makes no sense

oh yeah, what nationality is our new GM, hmmmmmmmmmm???!?????

Please enlighten me because I do not understand your POV at all.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Dude why is it always a conspiracy with you? You towed the same line with Benning and Dahlen, Benning and Markstrom…

Is North America, or Vancouver at least, really “racist” or “opportunist” against Swedes in your mind? If you think so, maybe take a look at who have been key pieces of our rosters over the years. 

makes no sense

oh yeah, what nationality is our new GM, hmmmmmmmmmm???!?????

Please enlighten me because I do not understand your POV at all.

Because NA is all about ego. 

Have you ever heard the egoistic views you guys have over there?

What has racism with this to do? 

Egoistic plays are common all over rhe world independent who gave you birth. 

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Because NA is all about ego. 

Have you ever heard the egoistic views you guys have over there?

What has racism with this to do? 

Egoistic plays are common all over rhe world independent who gave you birth. 

I’m using the term out of context on purpose. 

that said, seems like you’re the one with the real prejudice about this.

If you really believe that there’s some ill will towards or repression of Swedish-born players from this organization, you’re entirely entitled to believe that. I just do not see it in the least and so we can agree to disagree on it, again.

Edited by RWJC

Just now, RWJC said:

I’m using the term out of context on purpose. 

that said, seems like you’re the one with the real prejudice about this.

Regarding ego maybe. But I come from a country where we have taken care of the whole society til we got too much of US with tv commercials for kids and dumb the whole nation for the sake of it. 

Look how bad US got with players like Trump ruling the country with propaganda.

Do you really think NHL is protected against that?

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Regarding ego maybe. But I come from a country where we have taken care of the whole society til we got too much of US with tv commercials for kids and dumb the whole nation for the sake of it. 

Look how bad US got with players like Trump ruling the country with propaganda.

Do you really think NHL is protected against that?

Ok. I’m officially bewildered.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2