The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

34 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can't wait to hear all the GMJB haters defending JR/PA about how not moving any of Boeser, Garland, Myers, Miller, Motte, Halak, Dickinson, Poolman, or Pearson was a smart move.

I'm a GMJB hater but we better see noise today zero excuses.

Love seeing ex Canucks traded for assets (although tiny) by other teams.

Edited by Chris12345

Just now, Chris12345 said:

I'm a GMJB hater but we better see noise today zero excuses.

Lol.  What are you expecting?

I know what I’d like to see, (Miller, Boeser, Halak traded) but none of that has to happen right now. 
It would be nice to trade Motte as it doesn’t sound like negotiations are going anywhere.

Other than that, no noise needs to be heard 

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not being traded. I know it's been all but confirmed Miller isn't going anywhere until at least the offseason, but it won't stop some people from being pissed I'm sure.

Why pissed? It’s like Marky.

I would have loved to have Marky around but I inderstand why he’s gone.

The same with Miller, pros and cons…

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Lol.  What are you expecting?

I know what I’d like to see, (Miller, Boeser, Halak traded) but none of that has to happen right now. 
It would be nice to trade Motte as it doesn’t sound like negotiations are going anywhere.

Other than that, no noise needs to be heard 

Motte signed or dealt, Chaisson dealt, Halak dealt and one more deal maybe Dickinson?

I don't see McDavid coming back but I'd fire sale guys like Chaisson.

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Motte signed or dealt, Chaisson dealt, Halak dealt and one more deal maybe Dickinson?

I don't see McDavid coming back but I'd fire sale guys like Chaisson.

Chiasson has a 750k cap hit, and can always sit in the box.  He is good cheap depth. 
He is the last of our problems.  

I agree on Motte.  

The ”maybe Dickinson?” part of your post, as well as needing Chiasson to be traded for some reason tells me you don’t actually k ow what you are talking about, other than just wanting to see trades.  

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Can you blame anyone for thinking so with Bennings track record?

That's not my point.  My point is that people would be ripping GMJB apart for doing exactly what JR/PA are doing.  Yet somehow because JR/PA are new, it makes it ok.  Let's wait a couple years and see how this fanbase turns on a HOFer management boss just as this fanbase has turned on nearly every single GM this franchise has ever had.

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

That's not my point.  My point is that people would be ripping GMJB apart for doing exactly what JR/PA are doing.  Yet somehow because JR/PA are new, it makes it ok.  Let's wait a couple years and see how this fanbase turns on a HOFer management boss just as this fanbase has turned on nearly every single GM this franchise has ever had.

Ehh, totally different situations.

we haven’t got a clue what the GM and JR have talked with par example Miller and Motte.

They might already drawn the future deals.

Kind of stupid to say anything already.

• Haha 1

Just now, Timråfan said:

Ehh, totally different situations.

we haven’t got a clue what the GM and JR have talked with par example Miller and Motte.

They might already drawn the future deals.

Kind of stupid to say anything already.

I'm just saying, IF nothing else happens today... GMJB would have got blasted for it... I'm waiting to see what people say about JR/PA.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, coryberg said:

The only ticking time bomb is Motte. This isn't toffoli, tanev, Markstrom 

Maybe, but according to some, this is the time to maximize value.  So it depends on how you think about that.

Just now, HKSR said:

I'm just saying, IF nothing else happens today... GMJB would have got blasted for it... I'm waiting to see what people say about JR/PA.

Did fans blast Benning his first year?

By the way, you look like the trumpists when you say GMJb, similar to them still believing Donnie is the pres

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

All of the players people are proposing we trade can still be traded in the summer.

Worst thing we can do now is make a deal for the sake of making a deal. I don’t think management has had enough time to fully assess what this teams needs are anyways.

Only risk this deadline is letting Motte walk. I still think they end up re-signing him though.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, Timråfan said:

Did fans blast Benning his first year?

By the way, you look like the trumpists when you say GMJb, similar to them still believing Donnie is the pres

So because it is their first year, they can get away with whatever they do?

We all know who GMJB refers to.  It doesn't mean he's GM now... wow... :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1