The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

And how do you propose we sort our RD issues, 3C issue, bottom 6 issues, and bring in impact players with no cap?

Is Jason Megna available? Vey? How about Bearschi? Maybe we can do that all over again?

Really impressed with our record under BB.

We have a great core, see what we can do to add some support. 

Really have a great team.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Ok well perhaps you need to go tell Francesco you know more than JR because he and Alvin have pretty much alluded to that.

"Alluded to". We'll see how that plays out.

Here's the other thing that some people overlook: you can propose all the moves you want but there are usually two sides/parties involved.

JT's trade was floated around out there...didn't happen. Probably because one side didn't like what the other side brought to the table. So should we "settle"?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

"Alluded to". We'll see how that plays out.

Here's the other thing that some people overlook: you can propose all the moves you want but there are usually two sides/parties involved.

JT's trade was floated around out there...didn't happen. Probably because one side didn't like what the other side brought to the table. So should we "settle"?

No we shouldn't settle, and the trade market will change at the draft, after UFA season, as the season moves on. Personally I think we need to move Bo and keep Miller

But the point is, we are blessed with 3 great top 2 centers. We only need 2. We can't afford to distribute our cap into a redundant asset (the extra top 2c) and also make the team better in other areas because all 3 centers will be paid 7-9 mil per year. That's money needed elsewhere and fans can thank JB for that, his bad decisions are making it harder to fix this team. So a hard decision has to be made. 

You trade from strength to get better in other areas (fill holes) so that the team is positioned to win a championship, not just make the playoffs and see what happens (aka Benning strategy).

Its the same issue as Lou and Schnieder, clearly we didn't need both. Granted that was bungled but the point is the same. We couldn't tie up $14 mil in 2 goalies, just as you can't tie up 22-25 mil in three centers when only two of them are getting top six icetime.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Objectivity is in the eye of the beholder and "we're not good enough" an opinion (only).

JR’s opinion too though.  Results show we aren’t good enough.  Fancy stats show we aren’t good enough.

JR says we have a core three: Petey, Hughes, Demko.  The rest could be traded.  That’s not opinion.  That’s what JR is saying.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

On 1/23/2022 at 9:27 PM, Alflives said:

We have a very good team.  

Pick a side, Alf.

Results show we aren’t good enough

Also, I recall you stating your feelings about Demko quite differently so we'll just agree to disagree Alf. (I was going to provide examples, but it's my first Saturday to myself so...no).

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

And no, objectivity is factual

Subjectivity is opinion

Fans need to start being objective and looking at facts not feelings

I like that JR said he will make the tough decisions and he understood fans’ feeling would be effected.  We are in for big changes, but it’s going to happen over time.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR’s opinion too though.  Results show we aren’t good enough.  Fancy stats show we aren’t good enough.

JR says we have a core three: Petey, Hughes, Demko.  The rest could be traded.  That’s not opinion.  That’s what JR is saying.

Saying the core (untouchables) are Pettersson, Hughes and Demko doesn’t mean  JR is reading everyone else…

It means Pettersson, Hughes and Demko are untouchable.

That’s it. 

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Really impressed with our record under BB.

We have a great core, see what we can do to add some support. 

Really have a great team.

.638 winning percentage with Boudreau.

It’s very good indeed.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Saying the core (untouchables) are Pettersson, Hughes and Demko doesn’t mean  JR is reading everyone else…

It means Pettersson, Hughes and Demko are untouchable.

That’s it. 

Agreed.  Those three are (what JR considers) our core.  And all the other players we have are open to being traded to add to those three.  

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Objectivity vs Subjectivity… that’s all.

I think you missed my point. People who say they're objective when, really, it's more a matter of them being subjective.

I thought you'd know me by now.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Personally I think we need to move Bo and keep Miller

Of the two, I would agree.

How long can Bo accept a rebuild if that is what we are going after...., poor guy needs to go to a team that is serious if we are doing the perpetual re-tooling.

Still having strength like JT, Bo, EP down the middle is something teams dream of.

It's what BB said when he got here. Very hard to find 3 centres with that talent. 

Edit: use EP on the wing...mostly. Have that stellar depth  at C for inevitable injuries

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  Those three are (what JR considers) our core.  And all the other players we have are open to being traded to add to those three.  

Yes. But they are more likely to be part of next year’s team than not. That’s the nature of the business. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Of the two, I would agree.

How long can Bo accept a rebuild if that is what we are going after...., poor guy needs to go to a team that is serious if we are doing the perpetual re-tooling.

Still having strength like JT, Bo, EP down the middle is something teams dream of.

It's what BB said when he got here. Very hard to find 3 centres with that talent. 

If there’s a way to keep all three that’s what you do.

Wingers should be much easier to draft and acquire to fill out the roster. Having three centers like those guys is how we should build.

I would move Boeser or Garland before moving a center.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

If there’s a way to keep all three that’s what you do.

Wingers should be much easier to draft and acquire to fill out the roster. Having three centers like those guys is how we should build.

I would move Boeser or Garland before moving a center.

....and bingo was his name-o

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

So basically, if you’re 18, you’re part of the future of this assuredly great team. 

But if you’re 19, you’re an old man with no hope so why are you still playing the game because you’re already halfway in the ground.

Sh!t makes no sense at all. 

32 year old Stamkos says hi.

31 year old Palat says hi.

32 year old Killorn says hi.

34 year old Maroon says hi.

31 year old Herman says hi.

33 year old McDonagh says hi.

31 year old Bogosian says hi.

35 year old Helm says hi.

35 year old Jack Johnson says hi.

30 year old Manson says hi.

34 year old Eric Johnson says hi.

32 year old Kuemper says hi.

Stamkos and Hedman are core players.  The rest on your list are supporting cast.  And it sure looks like the younger Avs’ core players are about to stomp out the older TBay group.  We are in a capped league.  Can’t be spending on guys to be core, who will be 30 when the start their contract.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1