The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Well given he's already imploded three and their captain is a gutless piece is garbage, it's reasonable to assume there will be issues.

Sure,.  And Buffalo is still effected by Kane.

As is Winnipeg,. and we can directly relate Kane to the resignation of their Coach,.

And in the short time he was in San Jose he is the direct cause of Pavelski not being retained..

and even while he’s the Barracuda’s lineup, he has some magical negative effect for the Sharks play.   Yup.

Just now, N4ZZY said:

No, obviously not. Then just waive him. No loss there. 

But I have to think, given the chance to come home, he'd love to, and it could help him clean up his act. 

Waiving him is still wasting that cap.  The odds of him suddenly conducting himself appropriately are incredibly low; it's not worth the risk.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Great, how often do you see teams get a starting goalie, backup goalie, and 4 defensemen in the middle of the season?

Lol,.   Who said allllll of their problems,.  But don’t forget a lot of teams are seriously in tank mode.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sure,.  And Buffalo is still effected by Kane.

As is Winnipeg,. and we can directly relate Kane to the resignation of their Coach,.

And in the short time he was in San Jose he is the direct cause of Pavelski not being retained..

and even while he’s the Barracuda’s lineup, he has some magical negative effect for the Sharks play.   Yup.

Weird that both Winnipeg and San Jose improved after getting rid of him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I could see it. Maybe DeBrusk to SJ, for Kane at 50 percent retained. 

That's basically it, Debrusk wants out and Boston's never really shied away from being the villain, I'll be surprised if Debrusk isn't moved before the deadline 

The cap would mostly work itself out and Boston might get a little something extra 

Boston also has the motivation of knowing that the end for both Marchand and Bergergon isn't far off, if they're going to try and go for it again with them in their core it'll probably be sooner than later

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Weird that both Winnipeg and San Jose improved after getting rid of him. 

And still some people say they can drive better after consuming alcohol lol

Nice headlines in SJ though..

46C91E98-879C-48D8-B48F-A725B67384E4.thumb.jpeg.6fc7770c1ed4466a50b427b1fc7d8788.jpegDDA0E35D-79E3-4EA1-AF62-C833D2878F30.thumb.jpeg.fce40430e137982e3fff474d88365bf4.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Great, how often do you see teams get a starting goalie, backup goalie, and 4 defensemen in the middle of the season?

Those aren’t my thoughts..  those are someone else’s .

but there were rumours of a 3 way deal,.  That still dosent leave the Coyotes out of that conversation.

and perhaps we grab Kane from the Oilers at 1.7  for a 3rd rnd pick.

Is Holland mandated to fulfill @Warhippy ‘s list of Needs..

or are you reading into that to much you think ?

Edited by SilentSam

5 hours ago, Provost said:

I also think that is the likely scenario.

The idea of a 3 team deal with a middle team eating cap seems like a pretty reasonable solution.

San Jose sends a 2nd and a 50% retained Kane to a team like the Kracken.

The Kracken retain another $1.0-1.75 million on Kane and flip him to another team.

the receiving team sends something fairly minor to San Jose and something of a little value to the Kracken.

Most teams take a chance on Kane at $2 million or less if it doesn’t cost them much. 

I do think its going to cost a 1st to pull off the 3 way deal, due to the 3 years left after this one on Kanes contract. SJ doesn't have any leverage at all in this. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I do think its going to cost a 1st to pull off the 3 way deal, due to the 3 years left after this one on Kanes contract. SJ doesn't have any leverage at all in this. 

I think Wilson’s time is up after handling this one ,  and letting Pavelski go ,.  Next Boughgner will lose the room over handling Hertl .

yard sale!

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I think Wilson’s time is up after handling this one ,  and letting Pavelski go ,.  Next Boughgner will lose the room over handling Hertl .

yard sale!

I guess he can give Hertl an 8x8 extension. I mean why not, everyone else on that team has one. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I guess he can give Hertl an 8x8 extension. I mean why not, everyone else on that team has one. 

Lol yes!

and yet the best points getter on his team last year , he decided to publicly disgrace, disown,  and make worthless to his own asset management.

they say once you slip,.  You can fall a long way down.

E13DCF17-7059-410F-B698-157A9B0BA692.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
Add
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think if they did grab Kane,.  There would be some serious multitasking by Holland to address as many issues his team may have.

He'd lose a lot more than he'd gain trying to patch those holes.

Futures for at least two straight seasons.  Some young player and that's all he's got to patch those very very large holes.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

Thing is, given the age of most of San Jose's top players, they might just be better off buying him out than trying to retain on him

They can't afford to be trading away top picks as a club that'll probably be looking at a rebuild/retool sooner than later 

Edited by Coconuts

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

No, obviously not. Then just waive him. No loss there. 

But I have to think, given the chance to come home, he'd love to, and it could help him clean up his act. 

He's 30 now.  Is it not a gamble to think that he could clean up his act at this point?  Did Shotgun Jake clean up his act just because he was playing at home? 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

He's 30 now.  Is it not a gamble to think that he could clean up his act at this point?  Did Shotgun Jake clean up his act just because he was playing at home? 

Jake was investigated privately by the Canucks org.   It was after those unreleased findings the Canucks severed ties quickly with Virtannen.  (Sexual misconduct).

any private charges Kane has been to court for have been thrown out,  found to be untrue or unsubstantiated.

The NHL recently cleared Kane of any gambling wrong doings..  and released a statement saying the accusations were completely false and untrue,.  And we’re started by his x wife, who was not willing to participate in the matter.

Evander Kane gave the NHL access to all of his accounts , including his media devices.

The two players and the matters surrounding them are entirely different..  including the fact Kane has sole custody of his child in a bitter divorce case that continues.

30 is old only if you enjoy watching Bantam hockey,.   If you like Stanley Cup Hockey,  I suggest checking the rosters of the teams that win it for their ages.. and what those players contributed durring those runs.

Edited by SilentSam

48 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Jake was investigated privately by the Canucks org.   It was after those unreleased findings the Canucks severed ties quickly with Virtannen.  (Sexual misconduct).

any private charges Kane has been to court for have been thrown out,  found to be untrue or unsubstantiated.

The NHL recently cleared Kane of any gambling wrong doings..  and released a statement saying the accusations were completely false and untrue,.  And we’re started by his x wife, who was not willing to participate in the matter.

Evander Kane gave the NHL access to all of his accounts , including his media devices.

The two players and the matters surrounding them are entirely different..  including the fact Kane has sole custody of his child in a bitter divorce case that continues.

30 is old only if you enjoy watching Bantam hockey,.   If you like Stanley Cup Hockey,  I suggest checking the rosters of the teams that win it for their ages.. and what those players contributed durring those runs.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I was not referring to the allegations or legal issues.  I was referring to the fact that neither of these guys has professionalism. Neither seem to have a team-first attitude when it comes to personal decisions.  For each of them, it's a limitation as to how good they can be and how cohesive the team is.  In JV's case, he may not have been a bad teammate, but of course the Canucks ended up being too patient in waiting for him to pull it together.  

No, this isn't Bantam hockey, but in the NHL, you expect guys to be professionals before they're 30.  

Wouldn't it be great if Kane were to be a model citizen and join the Canucks and play to his potential?  But at this point do you make that bet at the cost of other roster players?  Clearly a gamble.  If I'm a GM, I'm not taking Kane unless there are significant other pieces coming (draft picks or prospect).

4 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Every case is different. Just because Jake couldnt’do it, doesn’t mean that’s the same with Kane. 

11 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I was not referring to the allegations or legal issues.  I was referring to the fact that neither of these guys has professionalism. Neither seem to have a team-first attitude when it comes to personal decisions.  For each of them, it's a limitation as to how good they can be and how cohesive the team is.  In JV's case, he may not have been a bad teammate, but of course the Canucks ended up being too patient in waiting for him to pull it together.  

No, this isn't Bantam hockey, but in the NHL, you expect guys to be professionals before they're 30.  

Wouldn't it be great if Kane were to be a model citizen and join the Canucks and play to his potential?  But at this point do you make that bet at the cost of other roster players?  Clearly a gamble.  If I'm a GM, I'm not taking Kane unless there are significant other pieces coming (draft picks or prospect).

Yeah, I think that’s fair to want more than just Kane. For a team taking Kane on, if he doesn’t work out, then what does the acquiring team have to show for the acquisition? So, yea, I can see a draft pick, or a prospect being attached in the deal for Kane. 

2 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Well I guess if our dressing room and roster players were weak , Jake would have effected them.

It’s not a weak room,.  
add Boudreau and Rutherford to that.. I see more strength than ever.

This is a low risk move yo get a high point player at a fraction of the cost of what he is worth.  

His game is undiminished.  

Roughly .88 pts per game last season.

and 8 points in 5 games in the AHL right now.

This club dearly needs a true power forward.

to acquire one other than Kane will cost you 7m + a high pick , minimum.

acquiring this player at 3.5 m  and giving up very little is a low risk move.

If it dosent work you share the buyout cost of the burden with SJ.

• Like 1