The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

NBC Sports BayArea

NHL rumors: Sharks would retain salary to trade Evander Kane

Sheng Peng
Tue, November 23, 2021, 5:00 PM·

“One of the things that I have heard is that the Sharks have let it be known that if somebody is interested, they would retain, if a deal could be worked out,” Elliotte Friedman said this morning on the Jeff Marek Show.

Kane has four years and $28 million dollars left on his contract, signed with the San Jose Sharks in the summer of 2018.

The scandal-ridden winger is eligible to return from his 21-game suspension for violating the NHL’s COVID protocol on Nov. 30.

“I don’t know who’s going to trade for him right now,” Friedman acknowledged. “I just don’t know where that is at this particular point of time or even if that’s realistic.”

Edited by SilentSam

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

NBC Sports BayArea

NHL rumors: Sharks would retain salary to trade Evander Kane

Sheng Peng
Tue, November 23, 2021, 5:00 PM·

“One of the things that I have heard is that the Sharks have let it be known that if somebody is interested, they would retain, if a deal could be worked out,” Elliotte Friedman said this morning on the Jeff Marek Show.

Kane has four years and $28 million dollars left on his contract, signed with the San Jose Sharks in the summer of 2018.

The scandal-ridden winger is eligible to return from his 21-game suspension for violating the NHL’s COVID protocol on Nov. 30.

“I don’t know who’s going to trade for him right now,” Friedman acknowledged. “I just don’t know where that is at this particular point of time or even if that’s realistic.”

do it mood GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, khay said:

Please JB, whatever you do, DO NOT get Evander Kane.

Meh, with the way this team has been mishandled, from coaching all the way to GMing and more, I honestly don't think we could do worse.

Green is such a terrible coach, and I doubt Kane would make things worse roster wise. Now with regards to personnel, I'm not sure many people would be willing to play with him.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol Sharks.

Unless they’re willing to retain 100% and add a 1st round pick no team is biting.

They have 3 games until they have to make room on their roster. Looks like Gadjovich might be hitting the waiver wire again.

I assume they put him on waivers and send him to the AHL?

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Meh, with the way this team has been mishandled, from coaching all the way to GMing and more, I honestly don't think we could do worse.

Green is such a terrible coach, and I doubt Kane would make things worse roster wise. Now with regards to personnel, I'm not sure many people would be willing to play with him.

I think it can be worse. Much worse.

Now, our problem is simple. The coaches.

Add Kane. The problem may not just be the coaches.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

If we are having locker room issues, how exactly is bringing in Evander Kane going to help with that? 

Anyone suggesting bringing in Kane is just not a good idea. 

If the locker room is fragile, bringing in Kane is like unloading a nuclear bomb in that dressing room. 

explosion GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1