The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

15 minutes ago, Boknows08 said:

Would rather deal Bo somewhere else than Boston. Need a centre or rd coming back rather than another small winger. Also with Boston it would be a pure futures deal, they wouldn’t trade anything significant off their roster such as Carlo with where they’re at. 

Unless maybe Schenn goes back to replace Carlo?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Let's stop dancing around it and hiding behind religion.

Why EXACTLY did he not wish to participate?

Was it because his religion is against wearing colourful hockey jerseys for a few minutes?

Ive been reading your comments since yesterday but truthfully, some people don't have the same viewpoint as you. 

Believe it or not, some religions think God intended for his creation to be man and woman. Now that's not the crux of the religion as other things trump this thought. One would be to love God above all else and the other would be to love others (including LGBTQ). I can love my gay friends and take care of them but I can still have an opinion that God intended for marriage to be man and woman. 

Now this school of thought is actually being questioned in the religious space. Traditionally reserved denominations like Presbyterians have now voted in favor to acknowledge and accept LGBTQ. United Church was one of the first to accept LGBTQ. There are other denominations like Baptist with the same vote coming down the pipe 

It's not as clear cut as you say. 

We have ppl on both sides of this opinion. Some people think religion is now caving to society and going with point of least contention while ignoring or diluting God's word. So in this case, Povorov is not caving from his beliefs despite the scrutiny he'll face (especially in this cancel culture) which I think is commendable and brave. The other side is trying to get with the times and with what makes sense in society today. 

I have my own thoughts on this but I'm here to talk hockey and don't want to force my opinion on others

16 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ive been reading your comments since yesterday but truthfully, some people don't have the same viewpoint as you. 

Believe it or not, some religions think God intended for his creation to be man and woman. Now that's not the crux of the religion as other things trump this thought. One would be to love God above all else and the other would be to love others (including LGBTQ). I can love my gay friends and take care of them but I can still have an opinion that God intended for marriage to be man and woman. 

Now this school of thought is actually being questioned in the religious space. Traditionally reserved denominations like Presbyterians have now voted in favor to acknowledge and accept LGBTQ. United Church was one of the first to accept LGBTQ. There are other denominations like Baptist with the same vote coming down the pipe 

It's not as clear cut as you say. 

We have ppl on both sides of this opinion. Some people think religion is now caving to society and going with point of least contention while ignoring or diluting God's word. So in this case, Povorov is not caving from his beliefs despite the scrutiny he'll face (especially in this cancel culture) which I think is commendable and brave. The other side is trying to get with the times and with what makes sense in society today. 

I have my own thoughts on this but I'm here to talk hockey and don't want to force my opinion on others

This isn't a "sides" thing. There's no "opinion" here, religious or otherwise. You're either tolerant of those people or you're not. AKA, you're "intolerant".

His actions clearly state he's of the latter variety and he's chosen to use his religion as a shield to hide behind to enable it. And intolerance to LGBTQ+ people based solely on the fact that they are LGBTQ+, is in fact, ignorant and hateful. There's no grey area, or "opinion" here. You either support them as equal people worthy of the same respect and rights as any other people, or you do not. Full stop.

Your religion does not get to save you from repercussions of those actions or other people taking you to task for them. It is certainly neither commendable or brave.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, GB5 said:

I know I am doing what I am not supposed to be doing and acting like a mod but seriously....... there is a separate thread for this discussion.

Please take it there, I am here for an escape from politics or other issues and am wanting to talk hockey which is what this thread is about...

If mods aren't going to say anything, then we have to. I second your sentiment. There's an entire thread dedicated to this topic, and would be great if we didn't have to read it in the Bo trade rumour thread. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, HOFsedins said:

So your saying he is scared of the LGBTQ+? He is hateful and ignorant because he does not support that group? 

This new generation of people are ignorant and think they are entitled to everything. Why don't we have a group for straight people? Why can't we bash on them for not being straight. But when it comes to Pride night, we have to show respect and support them or else you are ignorant and hateful?  

You are being ignorant for calling him hateful and ignorant because he doesn't slap on a jersey and support a group. 

Mood What GIF by NBC

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/report-canucks-hurricanes-talked-bo-horvat-trade-price-steep-carolina

and Carolina…

Speculating we asked for Necas.  Okay, fine - we’ll settle on Morrow

Carolina is a team that needs to put their I don't want to overpay at the TDL away and realize the current group they have are NOT going to be together forever! I can see why the Canucks would ask for Necas but would be shocked if Carolina moved him.

Maybe, Morrow, Suzuki and a pick? Depends on if its pure rental or sign and trade and I sure hope Canucks ALLOW teams to talk extension if it means the return will be better! We can't keep Bo why are we worried about if he signs longterm...just don't trade him to a division rival then!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This isn't a "sides" thing. There's no "opinion" here, religious or otherwise. You're either tolerant of those people or you're not. AKA, you're "intolerant".

His actions clearly state he's of the latter variety and he's chosen to use his religion as a shield to hide behind to enable it. And intolerance to LGBTQ+ people based solely on the fact that they are LGBTQ+, is in fact, ignorant and hateful. There's no grey area, or "opinion" here. You either support them as equal people worthy of the same respect and rights as any other people, or you do not. Full stop.

Your religion does not get to save you from repercussions of those actions or other people taking you to task for them. It is certainly neither commendable or brave.

Why can't you be tolerant but not partake in it yourself? 

At the end of the day, God wants people to love each other. If this becomes a vessel for hate, it's prob not what God wants... 

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Why can't you be tolerant but not partake in it yourself? 

At the end of the day, God wants people to love each other. If this becomes a vessel for hate, it's prob not what God wants... 

Ask yourself what statement is being made by not partaking.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

You realize God is made up, right? I think that’s the crux of the issue, some people believe in a fictional man in the sky who tells us what’s right and wrong, and some don’t, and there’s really no way to bridge that divide. I’ve tried, and logical arguments have never gotten me anywhere!

Staying on topic, if there really was a benevolent God, he’d have made sure that we had enough cap space to keep Bo Horvat!

First part contentious

2nd part hilarity. 

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Equal rights have absolutely zippity-doo-da to do with what one's personal religion thinks about marriage.

So, nope.

I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Seems a little ironic that equal rights means you HAVE to wear a rainbow colored jersey or be called a biggot and potentially get cancelled

Bo has been a leader on LGBTQ rights amongst this group along with EP and QH and has participated in parade amongst other things. 
‘Even being about Bo this post is still irrelevant to the thread, so imagine how irrelevant Provorov is to this thread unless it is about a potential trade for Provorov.

‘Can we talk about Provorov in the Provorov thread please. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boknows08 said:

Would rather deal Bo somewhere else than Boston. Need a centre or rd coming back rather than another small winger. Also with Boston it would be a pure futures deal, they wouldn’t trade anything significant off their roster such as Carlo with where they’re at. 

Like it or not that's probably going to be the case with any team who fancies themself a contender. Deals with teams like the Rangers, Bruins, or Hurricanes will almost certainly be mostly built around futures.

Boston trading Carlo doesn't help them gun for a cup, neither does Carolina trading Necas. We're probably not getting Schneider from the Rangers. 

A Bo return will almost certainly be picks, prospects, or players who have recently made the jump but who aren't integral roster pieces or players who look close to making the jump. 

Those are teams who are looking to bolster their roster to try and get themselves over the hump, they'll likely be fussy and very particular about moving out pivotal roster pieces. 

Rutherford can blow all the smoke he wants about wanting young NHL players but in the end he'll have to take what the market offers. He came in thinking this roster wouldn't need serious surgery and said our D, as structured, would be good enough for us to compete last summer. And well, here we are.