The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Got a weird feeling he’s gonna be traded to Vegas.

I expect Kaeden Korczak as one of the main pieces coming back.

Foote coached him in Kelowna. This team loves trading for players that have a connection to the coaches.

Korczak, Miromanov, Brisson, and a 1st.

Who, miller or horvat ? Haven't heard about any of these guys. Looks like the only real 1st of the 3 is Brisson but even then 29th overall. If you're talking Bo, i feel like they can do better. Quality over quantity. Need to strike a deal with the Devils for either Bo or Miller, they have a tonne of cap space next year and have prospects, young roster players galore.

9 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Who, miller or horvat ? Haven't heard about any of these guys. Looks like the only real 1st of the 3 is Brisson but even then 29th overall. If you're talking Bo, i feel like they can do better. Quality over quantity. Need to strike a deal with the Devils for either Bo or Miller, they have a tonne of cap space next year and have prospects, young roster players galore.

You don’t have to be a 1st round pick to be a good prospect. He’s an early 2nd round pick, not that it matters.

We need guys that fill roles. He has all the tools to be a top pairing shutdown guy. You’re not getting those guys once they’re fully developed.

Miromanov is a 25 RHD with size who is proving he can put up points in the NHL. Would be another big piece to rebuilding our D core.

Adding Korczac, Miromanov, and someone like Reinbacher or Dragicevic with a late 1st would accelerate the rebuilding of our D core a lot.

People need to get over the idea that we’re getting a prospect like Nemec for a rental. It’s not happening.

54 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Got a weird feeling he’s gonna be traded to Vegas.

I expect Kaeden Korczak as one of the main pieces coming back.

Foote coached him in Kelowna. This team loves trading for players that have a connection to the coaches.

Korczak, Miromanov, Brisson, and a 1st.

Rather have Roy, Korczak and their 1st.

Works better for them for cap and is an easy C for C roster swap.

We get a 25 year old RH'd 3C, locked up, a young RHD and a pick

If they need the cap (they're DEEP in LTIR and I'm not spread sheeting that out :lol: ) we could also retain $1-1.5m for an additional pick/prospect.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Rather have Roy, Korczak and their 1st.

Works better for them for cap and is an easy C for C roster swap.

We get a 25 year old RH'd 3C, locked up, a young RHD and a pick

If they need the cap (they're DEEP in LTIR and I'm not spread sheeting that out :lol: ) we could also retain $1-1.5m for an additional pick/prospect.

I’d love Roy too but Vegas ain’t parting with him.

Their center depth isn’t good enough to give him up.

Edited by DeNiro

2 hours ago, billabong said:

Oh you’re bang on i don’t think Det would let him go either but it doesn’t hurt to ask :ph34r:

the more I think about it, Detroit may be willing to deal kasper if horvat is coming back the other way especially if Larkin does end up re-signing somehow 

to det: horvat 

to van: Kasper, Rasmussen, zadina/(insert any name you want)

From what Friedman said. Detroit's interest has only increased because they feel they might now be able to bring Larkin back. I don't think they want Larkin and Horvat together, but one or the other. But management hasn't allowed teams to talk to Bo's agent, so how likely are they to pay a premium for a couple months of Bo? Only to lose both Horvat and Larkin in the same offseason. Lol. Detroit would have to really hope that Horvat is fine not contending right away. Which if that was the case Bo would just stay here.

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You don’t have to be a 1st round pick to be a good prospect. He’s an early 2nd round pick, not that it matters.

We need guys that fill roles. He has all the tools to be a top pairing shutdown guy. You’re not getting those guys once they’re fully developed.

Miromanov is a 25 RHD with size who is proving he can put up points in the NHL. Would be another big piece to rebuilding our D core.

Adding Korczac, Miromanov, and someone like Reinbacher or Dragicevic with a late 1st would accelerate the rebuilding of our D core a lot.

People need to get over the idea that we’re getting a prospect like Nemec for a rental. It’s not happ

I don't agree with just trading a top tier player for guys who just fill roles, need an impact player back. Trading Horvat 

Edited by Pbhatti00
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Pbhatti00 said:

I don't agree with just trading a top tier player for guys who just fill roles, need an impact player back. Trading Horvat for guys who just fill roles is bad asset management . If the value isn't there, dump, retain on a player from a position that is easier to fill (ie miller, winger)  and sign Horvat. Vegas isn't the ideal team anyways, same division, if it were to happen, they need to pay a premium we need a guy like theodore back. Target NJ or LA IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

I don't agree with just trading a top tier player for guys who just fill roles, need an impact player back. Trading Horvat 

And like I said teams aren’t likely to part with those players.

Also can’t think of a more important role than a D partner for Hughes.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You mean like Tanev was the perfect partner for Quinn?  Thanks Benning. :picard:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You mean like Tanev was the perfect partner for Quinn?  Thanks Benning. :picard:

Tanev was yes, but as he’s proving in Calgary he’s still injury prone. Goes down at the worst time.

We need someone close to Quinn’s age so they can develop chemistry together over the next 7 or 8 years.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Tanev was yes, but as he’s proving in Calgary he’s still injury prone. Goes down at the worst time.

We need someone close to Quinn’s age so they can develop chemistry together over the next 7 or 8 years.

Of course we need a young partner for Quinn, but it was beyond stupid to lose Tanev until there was a successor.  

54 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Then why trade him ? Dump Miller for whatever you can get instead. If the goal is to clear cap, easier to replace a winger vs center. 

1 minute ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Then why trade him ? Dump Miller for whatever you can get instead. If the goal is to clear cap, easier to replace a winger vs center. 

Our owner isn’t allowing core guys to be traded.  Sure, moving Bo to get Pulock would be fantastic!  But it’s not going to happen.  Not because the Islanders would refuse or Pulock won’t waive his trade clause, but because our owner won’t approve it.  Any trade of a core guy has to go through our owner.