The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't understand why Garland and Podkolzin were separated a few games ago.  They were just starting to click together.  

Green is loyal to JT Miller, Bo Horvat, Brock Boeser and Elias to the bitter end and doesn't care about breaking up other lines just to get those guys going.  That's going to end up being his downfall too. 

18 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

They played about half a good game, I just don't understand why it's beyond them to play a solid 60 minutes. Is their fitness level an issue?

As for the PK it is a joke. I've watched two games recently with two teams who have a great PK: the Pens and the Flames. What they do is not rocket science, surely it can't be hard for a professional coach to teach that. All that happens at the moment is that all 4 PKers eventually compress into the centre of the ice, making a perfect screen for any shots.

Petey is taking a lot of flak because of his inability to score, and rightly so, but Brock is even worse. He never wins any puck battles, he doesn't forecheck, he doesn't even seem to be skating hard. If he has to backcheck he arrives about 5 seconds after the puck goes in the net.

All this losing is getting monotonous.

Marchand decided enough was enough and that was it. Game over.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Serious said:

You think an AHL coach deserves another chance? Give your head a shake.

Green is a very talented coach .It takes a special kind of talent to bring the team to the current shape and situation. It takes a special talent to put Chiasson on the first PP.

It takes a special talent to coach team to the easiest play against team in NHL.

My wallet is closed for this organization from now on, until changes will be made (Green, Baumer , King - out)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How?

Toffoli $4.25 million

Tanev: $4.5 Million

Edler: $3.5 million now - $6.0 million in 2019-20.

Markstrom: $6.0 million per season

Even if you dumped Virtanen and Gaudette instead you'd only save about $4.0 million.

Unless you were looking to dump Boeser and Pearson.

Then we'd still be in a cap crunch this year.

We could have kept only 1 of Tanev/Markstrom/Toffoli. Unless we made a lot of moves and didn't care about getting jack in return.

Instead of Schmidt 5.9M + Virtanen 2.8M + Holtby 4.3M

Tanev + Toffoli and even Stecher + backup goalie 

Not Markstrom as they had Demko and they couldn’t protect both in expansion.

Edited by mll

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't understand why Garland and Podkolzin were separated a few games ago.  They were just starting to click together.  

Green is loyal to JT Miller, Bo Horvat, Brock Boeser and Elias to the bitter end and doesn't care about breaking up other lines just to get those guys going.  That's going to end up being his downfall too. 

Forgot Pearson