The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It’s both actually. If you don’t have the players to play that style of pk, you find a pk style that can take advantage of what they can do. It’s called coaching.

I love Hansen but honestly he is simply trying too hard most of the time to absolve the coaches of any responsibility here.

I like Hansen as well, but being a former player and knowing what he knows, why would he blame the players, when he was one himself

I don't get the impression he is saying anything to absolve anyone and just calling it as he sees it and what he believes

If anything i would expect a player to blame the coach and not say they don't have proper penalty killers

If anything he is blaming the GM for the people they have on the PK

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Well, I tried real hard to read some of this BS.................you guys are whinny little $hits

Let me tell you why, every year, we were loosing, and it came to the last 20 games, I  the would be preaching that we tank, and so many of you would, either ignore me, or yell from the top of your CDC lungs, that I was no fan, and that good team would never do that..............., 

Well, we put no pressure on management, we sent no message to management and now, we are terrible, again, you cry like babies, which $hit that doesn't always make sense.

Why am I so pisses? well, not one is suggest anything, just regurgitating the same old BS.

Do you guys seriously think we have have a defense that is good enough to handle the Marchand's or even the Bergeron's, and the pressure around the net. 

Does anyone think that maybe Green's defensive system, is based on lack of Defensive ability of out Defense? That maybe he is keeping the forward in our zone later?

Maybe this is more on Benning, and his screw ups than Green, and his screw up assistants

This was a very depressing PGT, that is rechewing the same puke we spewed last game..........is this the best we can do?

We should be demanding Benning's head on a stick! We should be demanding Aqualini step back. We should demand accountability, and an legitimate reason for this.

That is what we should be doing..................

• Like 1

Your star player is in a slump... so what do you do?

-  Put him on a line with players who can get him started?

or

-  Cut his ice time and bench him when the team desperately needs a goal?

We all know what Green prefers to do.

Pettersson hit the post tonight, and when he is hitting the post, it means he is shooting accurately and usually will score given another chance.  What does Green do?  He benches him in the closing minutes.

And don't say its because of his lack of production.  Because both Horvat and Boeser put up less points in the last 10 games than Pettersson and they were on the ice.

Meanwhile Podkolzin is once again absent from the PP while Chiasson is in there like a dirty shirt, 1st unit.

And Pettersson is having to try to succeed with only one other guy on his line who can do anything...  Podkolzin... Dowling doesn't count as an offensive player... he is a 4/10.

Really hoping these rumours about Green being gone are true.

One thing which is really obvious... Montreal has a different standard for 'Success' than Vancouver.  The Canadians are just back from a visit to the Cup Finals after a 10 year winning record, the Canucks made it to the second round two years ago and are way below .500 in the time Green and Benning have been in charge.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I like Hansen as well, but being a former player and knowing what he knows, why would he blame the players, when he was one himself

I don't get the impression he is saying anything to absolve anyone and just calling it as he sees it and what he believes

If anything i would expect a player to blame the coach and not say they don't have proper penalty killers

If anything he is blaming the GM for the people they have on the PK

He is an unapologetic Green fan. No matter the subject I don’t think I have ever heard him lay any responsibility on Green which is, of course, unrealistic.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, I tried real hard to read some of this BS.................you guys are whinny little $hits

Let me tell you why, every year, we were loosing, and it came to the last 20 games, I  the would be preaching that we tank, and so many of you would, either ignore me, or yell from the top of your CDC lungs, that I was no fan, and that good team would never do that..............., 

Well, we put no pressure on management, we sent no message to management and now, we are terrible, again, you cry like babies, which $hit that doesn't always make sense.

Why am I so pisses? well, not one is suggest anything, just regurgitating the same old BS.

Do you guys seriously think we have have a defense that is good enough to handle the Marchand's or even the Bergeron's, and the pressure around the net. 

Does anyone think that maybe Green's defensive system, is based on lack of Defensive ability of out Defense? That maybe he is keeping the forward in our zone later?

Maybe this is more on Benning, and his screw ups than Green, and his screw up assistants

This was a very depressing PGT, that is rechewing the same puke we spewed last game..........is this the best we can do?

We should be demanding Benning's head on a stick! We should be demanding Aqualini step back. We should demand accountability, and an legitimate reason for this.

That is what we should be doing..................

Demanding, but how? I went to Chicago game and when I was leaving, there was a very loud chant "FI-RE BEN-NING" . What else we as fans can do? 

1 minute ago, Silent Man said:

Demanding, but how? I went to Chicago game and when I was leaving, there was a very loud chant "FI-RE BEN-NING" . What else we as fans can do? 

Do that during the game while it is broadcasting?

What is the point doing it when no one is gonna here you outside the arena

3 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Don't go........

Don't Listen

Don't watch!

This is the only thing the Aqualini's will understand

This is where it starts...............IMO (Of course)

NGL, I've sorta checked out from this season with this team.

Its not fun watching the Canucks and I find my own mental health arise when I watch them.

I love this team and will die a Canucks fan, but really not interested in investing time this season for the level of mediocrity that is being put on the ice.

21 minutes ago, Canuck4digits said:

Anyone against getting Kane should ask if they are proud of our wuss team for not taking on Marchand after he slew footed OEL 

fun team we have 

Lots of tough guys capable of taking care of business who aren't locker room cancers.  The idiot we have coaching the team cut two of them after training camp.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

or

Pettersson hit the post tonight, and when he is hitting the post, it means he is shooting accurately and usually will score given another chance.  What does Green do?  He benches him in the closing minutes.

And don't say its because of his lack of production.  Because both Horvat and Boeser put up less points in the last 10 games than Pettersson and they were on the ice.

Meanwhile Podkolzin is once again absent from the PP while Chiasson is in there like a dirty shirt, 1st unit.

And Pettersson is having to try to succeed with only one other guy on his line who can do anything...  Podkolzin... Dowling doesn't count as an offensive player... he is a 4/10.

One thing which is really obvious... Montreal has a different standard for 'Success' than Vancouver.  The Canadians are just back from a visit to the Cup Finals after a 10 year winning record, the Canucks made it to the second round two years ago and are way below .500 in the time Green and Benning have been in charge.

Totally agree with the Montreal comparison. It's embarrassing what ownerships deems acceptable.

18 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

or

Horvats not getting points but making things happen.  Boeser on the other hand does absolutely nothing.  Podz should be on that unit.

22 minutes ago, Canuck4digits said:

Anyone against getting Kane should ask if they are proud of our wuss team for not taking on Marchand after he slew footed OEL 

fun team we have 

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. Kane is not the embodiment of toughness and he is not the only possible solution to our teams lack of toughness.

There are plenty of reasons to not want Kane in this organization. Wait five minutes and he’ll give you another one.

You can not want Kane on the team and want the team to be tougher at the same time.

25 minutes ago, Canuck4digits said:

fun team we have 

Well If you want to make it “funner” then ya add Kane