The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, I tried real hard to read some of this BS.................you guys are whinny little $hits

Let me tell you why, every year, we were loosing, and it came to the last 20 games, I  the would be preaching that we tank, and so many of you would, either ignore me, or yell from the top of your CDC lungs, that I was no fan, and that good team would never do that..............., 

Well, we put no pressure on management, we sent no message to management and now, we are terrible, again, you cry like babies, which $hit that doesn't always make sense.

Why am I so pisses? well, not one is suggest anything, just regurgitating the same old BS.

Do you guys seriously think we have have a defense that is good enough to handle the Marchand's or even the Bergeron's, and the pressure around the net. 

Does anyone think that maybe Green's defensive system, is based on lack of Defensive ability of out Defense? That maybe he is keeping the forward in our zone later?

Maybe this is more on Benning, and his screw ups than Green, and his screw up assistants

This was a very depressing PGT, that is rechewing the same puke we spewed last game..........is this the best we can do?

We should be demanding Benning's head on a stick! We should be demanding Aqualini step back. We should demand accountability, and an legitimate reason for this.

That is what we should be doing..................

Sorry JIAHN. A lot of people on here were really pumped for this season. Expectations were pretty high, and this team has fallen flat on its a$$. 

I feel betrayed. There’s plenty of blame to go around. The players, the coaches, GM JB, Aqua. You name it. 

I been cheering for this team since day one, and I’ve seen a lot of very dark times. This is right up there with the worst of them. And to think, that expectations were so high.

It’s bewildering! :sadno:

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Worst team in the league. Hate it so much. And people dont want to get Kane to make it interesting ?

What does a trade do? so what if we get Kane? Doesnt change anything. I mean we got Garland , OEL, Podkolzin and still didnt change anything. Even if we get McDavid, it still doesnt change anything.How about Get rid of a coach thats been losing for 5 years first before we trade. Its like giving a sinking person who doesnt know how to swim a tennis ball so they could stay afloat.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Sorry JIAHN. A lot of people on here were really pumped for this season. Expectations were pretty high, and this team has fallen flat on its a$$. 

I feel betrayed. There’s plenty of blame to go around. The players, the coaches, GM JB, Aqua. You name it. 

I been cheering for this team since day one, and I’ve seen a lot of very dark times. This is right up there with the worst of them. And to think, that expectations were so high.

I understand Pete

I too have been with the Canucks since their WHL days. I have been dreaming about this team, right along side you. I get people are just venting, but we just seem to be repeating ourselves over and over.

What I am saying is we need to try and do something different. We need to send an unmistakable message to Aqualini. It is just not acceptable to sit and whine. Just as it is unacceptable for Aqualini to ignore his fan base.

That is all I am saying (obviously, I am just as upset as you)

• Like 4

I’m off the fire Green bandwagon guys!

Since ownership has dragged their feet and essentially thrown away this season, best to just keep Green around and lose every remaining game.

If we’re gonna suffer through this season and lose all our core guys because of incompetent management, we damn well better get a top 3 pick this year.

Maybe after the Aquilinis lose millions and do permanent damage to the Canucks brand they’ll wake up and do the right thing. Until then the best we can hope for is a player to start the rebuild around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Dark times ?

Hundreds of millions of people are starving in the world.

Millions are homeless even in our cities in the "developed" countries and people get so upset about a hockey team that hasn't lived up to expectations.

Sigh.

Imagine if that passion was funneled into solving real problems. 

I love hockey and love the Canucks however they are just a hockey team and it is just a sport.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

This is the first time we’ve ripprd a season off like a bandaid. Wish this is how they decided to start the rebuild not how they decided to end an 8 year rebuild lol

It’s a fitting end to Bennings tenure really.

Started out with a horrible Kesler trade and whiffing on Ehlers and Nylander for Virtanen.

Ends it with a franchise worst start to a season and leaving the team with no quality prospects and core players who are shells of themselves.

Thanks Jim, for building our franchise up from nothing into nothing, and having nothing to show for it.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Dark times ?

Hundreds of millions of people are starving in the world.

Millions are homeless even in our cities in the "developed" countries and people get so upset about a hockey team that hasn't lived up to expectations.

Sigh.

Imagine if that passion was funneled into solving real problems. 

I love hockey and love the Canucks however they are just a hockey team and it is just a sport.

You're allowed to be upset at more than one thing at a time.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, there’s no point in firing Green. Our season is done. 

Keep Green and stay on course with the tank.

Trade Boeser, possibly even Horvat if the rumours are true, off load the likes of Pearson,  Myers, among others.

Build the new core around Miller, OEL, and Hughes. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, EmilyM said:

You're allowed to be upset at more than one thing at a time.

Totally.

However it's the same $@$_ recycled game after game. 

I thought we had made some good trades,brought some good players in to bolster our team.... just like many posters had.

Now many of those same posters are whining like it's the end of the world.

Are you a professional athlete ?

Do you know what it takes to even be playing at this level.

The sacrifices these players and their families made as they were growing up just to get the opportunity to play in the NHL and a bunch of keyboard warriors abuse them ? 

I think Green should go to however the hate I see that is directed at him is shameful.

• Vintage 2

19 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

You really expect an NHL coach to quit the job? You think he's going to go look for a coaching job if the rest of the league knows he walked out on a team when things got tough?

Give your head a shake.

Aquilini should grow a pair and fire him if he's not part of the plan anymore. It's not the coach's job to determine whether he should be there or not.

No I don't expect him to quit. However, there are posters on here saying they feel bad for Green. All I'm saying is that if he's having such a hard time coping with things that he could quit, if he so chooses. Benning isn't the only one who can end Green's nightmare.