The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake DeBrusk requests trade

20 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I wonder if he'd sign with us...chances are probably low that he does. 

It’s hockey,.  but the there is real life, family, love.  Seems like Tryamkin at this point is happy to be in love, and with his family ..

Life changes..     that chance of “what if” gets smaller.     Some don’t want to live in regret of “what if”.

If Podz is playing well with us at that point,  anything is possible.

Happy wives, happy lives ^_^

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s hockey,.  but the there is real life, family, love.  Seems like Tryamkin at this point is happy to be in love, and with his family ..

Life changes..     that chance of “what if” gets smaller.     Some don’t want to live in regret of “what if”.

If Podz is playing well with us at that point,  anything is possible.

Happy wives, happy lives ^_^

I understand if he’s happy to be in homeland, Russia and playing in the KHL, kudos to him. 

But man, he’d be a pretty good man on our blue line if he were to come over, not saying that would mean a whole lot considering our blue line is a fire tire in its own right. 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I understand if he’s happy to be in homeland, Russia and playing in the KHL, kudos to him. 

But man, he’d be a pretty good man on our blue line if he were to come over, not saying that would mean a whole lot considering our blue line is a fire tire in its own right. 

Tryamkin is incredibly coordinated, and fast for a big man..

His shutdown game on the boards is quick and physical ..   

I was very much disappointed that he didn’t come here for this season with the Canucks..

im sure he would have won a lot of fans respect , which he has at home.

6’7.  260 lbs

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

I don’t see the effort. Not most nights anyways.

It's pretty inconsistent at best admittedly.

He is not hurting you at 5 on 5 if he is your third line left wing though.

As a top 6 guy he deserves  to get questioned about his lack of production though in relation to his expected role and minutes given.

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I was very much disappointed that he didn’t come here for this season with the Canucks..

6’7.  260 lbs

The way he moves out there for a giant makes Chara and Myers look uncoordinated and uncomfortable skaters.

Rare skating ability at that size. Could have been a fan favorite being the big Russian bear protector on a pairing with Hughes.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

6’7.  260 lbs

We gave Poolman 10m instead I guess??

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

We gave Poolman 10m instead I guess??

I was pretty happy to never have to hear about Tryamkin again… then we signed Poolman.

Tryamkin’s camp apparently would have come over for a $2 million, one year contract…. It got lowballed for something below that.  After the year before when they waited for months not signing in the KHL to get an offer from the Canucks and then only got a two-way offer… I can see how lowballing him for less than he would take home in Russia was pretty insulting.

Even Benning said he would have been prepared to give them their asking price but they didn’t give him a chance after his first offer.

Considering what he then gave Poolman, it made the whole thing look stupid as Tryamkin fit the need more with actually being a physical shut down guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I was pretty happy to never have to hear about Tryamkin again… then we signed Poolman.

Tryamkin’s camp apparently would have come over for a $2 million, one year contract…. It got lowballed for something below that.  After the year before when they waited for months not signing in the KHL to get an offer from the Canucks and then only got a two-way offer… I can see how lowballing him for less than he would take home in Russia was pretty insulting.

Even Benning said he would have been prepared to give them their asking price but they didn’t give him a chance after his first offer.

Considering what he then gave Poolman, it made the whole thing look stupid as Tryamkin fit the need more with actually being a physical shut down guy.

It’s just a shame all around,  Tryamkin was perched, ready to come, waiting..

I can’t understand why the Canucks numbers guys weren’t talking with T’s agent ahead of time to understand the conversation/ cost of living equation..  any body moving from one continent to the other for employment bases their move on that as much, or more than the opportunity itself.

Hugely disappointing.

He will age well as a player, most big framed D men do..   I still hope to see him in a Canucks Jersey rather than someone elses.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

It’s just a shame all around,  Tryamkin was perched, ready to come, waiting..

I can’t understand why the Canucks numbers guys weren’t talking with T’s agent ahead of time to understand the conversation/ cost of living equation..  any body moving from one continent to the other for employment bases their move on that as much, or more than the opportunity itself.

Hugely disappointing.

He will age well as a player, most big framed D men do..   I still hope to see him in a Canucks Jersey rather than someone elses.

Yup, I could of foreseen a very Hal Gill type of roll/career for the Big Russian had he come over to play for us. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

6’7.  260 lbs

If we over paid him a bit, he'd come back

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Canucks among 'as many as 12 teams' to check in on DeBrusk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks-jake-debrusk-boston-bruins-1.1728771%3ftsn-amp

what is the big deal about this player ? Gaudette 2.0 ? edit nevermind. 27 goals

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

On 12/1/2021 at 8:26 PM, MaxVerstappen33 said:

what is the big deal about this player ? Gaudette 2.0 ? edit nevermind. 27 goals

Yeah, like 4 years ago. He's been regressing ever since. Which you can either blame on the team but, usually teams don't just give up premium scorers unless they aren't what one season made em appear to be. So I'd be hesistant to pay a lot for DeBrusk.

Also. He's a scorer. Which I feel like isn't something we need. We need a playmaker. A LW Garland would be perfect. The problem is our 1st line has no true playmaker. Petey and Miller are scorers. Which leaves Boeser out to dry. Miller's passes are atrocious and I don't see any passes from Petey that are crisp. Not like Garland who makes lots of great passes and it's clear his mentality is to setup players. A scoring threat that likes passing. Miller and Petey are scoring threats that pass because they can't just keep the puck forever.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:10 AM, Provost said:

Makes you wonder why Benning lowballed Tryamkin and his camp to begin with. 

Like, you do that, and he’s probably a better defensive defenseman than Poolman is, but you give Poolman 2.5 for 4 years? WTF. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We gotta trade for this player. But what ? Chassion and a 2nd or a conditional 1st ? Poolman Pearson and a 2nd ?

I'd be interested to see DeBrusk-Petey-Podz together.

Would you trade Miller and Hamonic for DeBrusk and Carlo?

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

I'd be interested to see DeBrusk-Petey-Podz together.

Would you trade Miller and Hamonic for DeBrusk and Carlo?

That's an interesting proposal. 

So, it'd be Miller for DeBrusk and Hamonic for Carlo? 

I think Hamonic for Carlo could be had 1 for 1. 

But Miller for DeBrusk? Miller's a top line forward. DeBrusk is what? 3rd liner? Maybe a 2nd liner?