The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, DJB said:

Better than when I hear a woman announcer. Sorry Ladies, no offence you all are great at most stuff, but it sounds like when my wife drones on and on. I can’t listen or comprehend. 

I was watching one game and turned it off, it sounded like Siri calling the game, it lacked the depth and drama called (maybe she was new?

This politically correct stuff has gone too far, let the best people have the jobs or let woman announce women sports-hockey, golf,tennis etc

The next step is you HAVE to HAVE women in the NHL,NFL,NBA,Baseball etc, whether they are  as good as someone else or not

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I was watching one game and turned it off, it sounded like Siri calling the game, it lacked the depth and drama called (maybe she was new?

This politically correct stuff has gone too far, let the best people have the jobs or let woman announce women sports-hockey, golf,tennis etc

The next step is you HAVE to HAVE women in the NHL,NFL,NBA,Baseball etc, whether they are  as good as someone else or not

They do have them in football too and I have to turn it off. Women sing awesome, but in  announcing there is no up and down emotion, and the voices are too soft and monotone. 

Anyone else think there may have been a secondary injury for Petey besides the wrist? A certain explosiveness is missing  and with all that time off from game action, missing almost a year has to be a factor . I may he half a bottle deep on some Buffalo Trace but thats definitely starting to make a lot more sense right now. I still believe this kid is something special. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I was actually shocked Petey shot the one-timer. He had so many of those opportunities in pretty much every game and never took it...

Might be a sign his wrist is finally feeling better.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, philtbc829 said:

Ummm I wouldn't call squeaking a 2-1 win an arse kicking....if it wasn't for Demko it wouldn't even be a win...

Calm down Phil.. that’s why I picked the little guy almost falling over Gif… you party pooper 

Edited by Darius
  • Haha 2

Pretty pathetic when an early evening game garners only 11 pages on the forum.
They are 1-1 in the second set of 21 games.  So I am still watching.  Lets see if they can complete this next 19 at the same ratio or better.  21 games at a time boys, 21 games at a time...

• Like 1