The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

51 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I have a suspicion boudreau has know about this for a little while and has already come up with a system he would like to implement 

tomorrow I expect the team to look like they had a weight lifted off their shoulders 

and within 4 games look like a different team

I am however optimistic with the coaching change and for years now ive felt the roster was being held back by Green. 

He wants a team to forecheck hard. He lets his big dogs loose as long as they don’t turnover. He loves size, but can coach with speed. He will adjust mins for top players who aren’t playing like top players. 

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Boudreau is smart enough to realize that good defense is what makes good teams in today's nhl.  

Good offensive zone time also means less time spent in your own zone.

Can make up for weaker defensive play.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He wants a team to forecheck hard. He lets his big dogs loose as long as they don’t turnover. He loves size, but can coach with speed. He will adjust mins for top players who aren’t playing like top players. 

he is going to have trouble with the Canucks then, most of them can't forecheck and are turnover machines.

1 minute ago, combover said:

Goodbye Travis “ that’s a good team over there” Green 

Man I’m not gonna miss his pressers.

Back and forth between making excuses and throwing his players under the bus.

Had the arrogance of a much more accomplished coach.

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Are you sure about that?

Keith olberman links Michigan school shooter to Barstool sports

Olberman’s unhinged rant

this guys a nut job, says more about you if you think he is normal 

Anti-Vaxxers are indeed morons and losers.

I haven’t looked into the other link yet. 

I hope you’re not an anti-Vaxxer. We’d certainly have to have a discussion elsewhere about your ‘normalcy’ if you were. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, 131313 said:

he is going to have trouble with the Canucks then, most of them can't forecheck and are turnover machines.

Is that their natural default position or the way their systems mandated their play? That’s going to be the question going forward. 

7 minutes ago, 131313 said:

Yes but at least they made this change and now it is on the players. If nothing changes it obvious they need to make major changes to the roster. It is anyways but this will only confirm things and the direction they need to go.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Man I’m not gonna miss his pressers.

Back and forth between making excuses and throwing his players under the bus.

Had the arrogance of a much more accomplished coach.

Yeah, I think we will hear a lot more onus on calling out players who perform badly. Sometimes I think Green was too much a players coach.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Is that their natural default position or the way their systems mandated their play? That’s going to be the question going forward. 

since they can't stay on their feet or complete a pass  I would say it is on them but I guess we will see.