The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, gurn said:

First-I did not know he was sick, as until posters up here noticed his AHL absence, there had been no info about him being missing.

Green said he was sick, and his agent said it in a 650 interview. 

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Second- sick for week does not explain why he was missing for more than that time.

Remember the team is in Abby now…… 

the place that has been under water…..

They rescheduled games.  

4 hours ago, gurn said:

third as to puking, isn't that a good sign after a bag skate, when you actually try your hardest?

Maybe……. But not if you are puking because of the flu.   

A bunch of really obvious easy answers……

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Green said he was sick, and his agent said it in a 650 interview. 

Remember the team is in Abby now…… 

the place that has been under water…..

They rescheduled games.  

Maybe……. But not if you are puking because of the flu.   

A bunch of really obvious easy answers……

All well and good, but aren't you a little late to the party?

6 hours ago, gurn said:

Hamonic in the line up greatly boosts our chance of a win, yet I'm getting tired of all the 'drama' that surrounds this guy.

I was fine with re-signing the guy because of his positive effect on our team; but the whole is he, isn't he, vaccinated was annoying. And now finding out he wasn't even playing in the AHL, other than one game, just kind of finishes me with this player.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

He did have the flu last week according to his agent ( confirmed not Covid )  That was probably the reason he has been bounced around on a conditioning stint.  

Maybe the reason for papering him down was due to the potential claim that Montreal beat us too - but who knows. 

5 hours ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

He was sick with the flu last week. Did you expect him to play while puking all over the ice?

4 hours ago, gurn said:

First-I did not know he was sick, as until posters up here noticed his AHL absence, there had been no info about him being missing.

Second- sick for week does not explain why he was missing for more than that time.

third as to puking, isn't that a good sign after a bag skate, when you actually try your hardest?

3 hours ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

His last game played in Vancouver was November 21, Abbotsford had games rescheduled due to the floods and didn't play after that until the 27th and I'm guessing that since news has been shared that Hamonic is now fully vaccinated he perhaps was sick during the 7 day stretch from that game until our last game on Saturday. Also understandable that a coach wouldn't want to change a lineup that had won 2 straight.

Here's the Dec 1 tweet I'm referencing.

• Haha 1