The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 08, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Demko: Great!  

Hughes, Myers, and Schenn were great tonight.  All three played big minutes on 5 on 5 as well as PK.  

Hamonic was just okay before he got hurt and he still seems like he's behind the play.  

Burroughs was feisty and hard to play against.  Didn't mind him at all but he had to keep making up for his partner.  

Poolman was our worst d-man I thought and he's not playing with any confidence.  I hope that he gets a bounce and starts playing with some confidence.  

Our forwards were pretty good too...  won't get into too many individual ones but Motte was great tonight especially on the PK.  

There is another guy who is playing well...........Schenn............I love what he is doing! Just keeping it simple!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

We should’ve had 5 goals. PK was amazing, we had three scoring chances on the PK. Team had so many odd man rushes but missed the net on every single one. At one point we had two 2on0 chances and missed the net on both. Once the team learns how to hit the net it’s over for the league.

Thanks for the reply man. Really felt like I missed out. Only game 2 with Bruce! 

There is belief in the players and more importantly the fans again. It feels good!

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Damn rights! Since when has being passive in any sport ever been a winning strategy?? It's so blindingly obvious!

We could have been watching THIS kind of hockey all these years... damn what a waste.

This is gonna be a fun season after all :)

Y’know if we somehow squeak into the playoffs imagine how much sweeter it would feel after having gone through the $&!# we have this season.

Either way though if they play like this for the remainder of the games this year I’ll be one satisfied fan.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ey40 said:

Odd man rush? By the Canucks?

what world am I living in?

Go Canucks Go!

On the penalty kill! Every time we took a penalty, it's been ingrained in me that here's the start of the comeback, the first of many PP goals against. Then I actually watch it, and we PRESSURE! It's amazing to watch.

PK, 5 on 5, we actually caused the other team issues getting OUT of their zone, not just collapsing to the net.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wow…see how fast Garland got off bench towards Demko. Really love that guy! Good B-day gift for Demko. A b2b shutout would have been the icing on the B-day cake. Miller taketh and Miller giveth.  Can’t complain and very glad with Miller’s effort. You can tell Miller wanted the go ahead goal after that penalty. Some sweet passing by him tonight.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

We should’ve had 5 goals. PK was amazing, we had three scoring chances on the PK. Team had so many odd man rushes but missed the net on every single one. At one point we had two 2on0 chances and missed the net on both. Once the team learns how to hit the net it’s over for the league.

For the universe.. 

Bad Hair Space GIF

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And interestingly. Walker might be his eventual successor.

Bruce won't be going anywhere if this trajectory continues.  He's single handedly completely 180d fan interest 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Y’know if we somehow squeak into the playoffs imagine how much sweeter it would feel after having gone through the $&!# we have this season.

Either way though if they play like this for the remainder of the games this year I’ll be one satisfied fan.

Give me a 95 point pace under Boudreau and I'll be happy.  He'll have 57 games, so I'll be hoping for 66 points.